Marty the Mentor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Marty has a fair crack on the field, however he has done an exceptional job in mentoring our front rowers. We have seen how AFB, Keppie and Paseka are benefiting.

The work we don’t see is the time he is helping with the development of Tuitavake, Fainu, Saddler, Titmus and Guacamole.

Maybe Marty will hang around in a club role when he is done playing, some quality off field leadership he has.

Maybe he can start by mentoring AFB to take the jab..just as he did.

Disclaimer: I am in no way condoning forcing someone to do something they are not comfortable with...regardless of how nonsensical their rationale may be to not do so.

Not sure Marty will stick around in a mentor role after his last game, but your 100% spot on about leadership on the field
AFB is now rated the "best" front rower in the game and the Manly pack has an emotionally charged leader in Jake who uses his shoulders in tackles to lift the pack.
I still see Marty as that big Dog even AFB looks up to and he is our "Strong man" - the big bloke who when opposition looks at the teams will kind of say "If we can get the better of Kapow, we are a long way towards a win"...and in fact, when Marty is on with monster carries and offloads, Manly are at there best.

Really stepped up Sunday when we needed him. In saying that, I also though Paseka had one of his best games this year. Looks much more dangerous when he is looking to get his arm free keeping the defence in two minds.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8