mass exodus !!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently we didn't get rid of enough of them. our toyota Cup team is still a bag of crap like last year and NSW team is barely doing any better. Should fire the whole lot and start again.

interesting reading in Rlw the ban on nsw NRL clubs putting their reserve graders in the Q Cup has been lifted. I wonder if that means the club will look at renewing its connection with the sunny coast sea eagles.

That would be great - as I have said in previous threads our spattering of young talent would be much better served playing in a team - the sunny coast - where the locals around them are happy to be playing at the Q Cup level and getting called by Vossy on the occasional Sunday arvo leading into the NRL game.

I think we were well served by having that affiliation because among other things the Q Cup receives a decent share of media coverage in print and television this is encouraging to the young and old blokes alike who get a boost out of a bit of publicity rather than a couple of hundred fans at a largely invisible NSW Cup comp.

Cameron said:
interesting reading in Rlw the ban on nsw NRL clubs putting their reserve graders in the Q Cup has been lifted. I wonder if that means the club will look at renewing its connection with the sunny coast sea eagles.

I for one would be stoked if that was revisited & would hope the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles would feel the same way.

Back to Quad Park in a flash to watch them go round.

The Bulldogs depth in winning the last 4 NSW Cup comps has really shown through in how important it is with all those premierships over the past few years ...

I just wish we had that depth at Manly, then maybe we might have won a few big games and been a serious footy club

Ryan said:
Make fun of it all you like. Their team is running 1st overall with a differential of 192, where as Manly's team is coming 12th (out of 13) with a differential of minus 74.

Take that then onto the Youth Competition where they are coming 4th outright, with a differential of 147 vs. Manly's 15th out of 16 with a minus differential of get this after 10 rounds, minus 218.

Shows the true depth of a club really. It's this time of year where depth is truly tested. We are going to be pushed hard through this origin period. We will struggle this week.
The Dogs are a joke . All of greenturds money and all of greenturds depth has not won them a premiership . How on earth are we going to struggle this week with world class players like Foran . DCE , Matai , Lyon . Watmough. We are going to Root those roosters !!!

Have a look at how many club champioships Parramatta have won, then have a look at how many GF's they won during the same period.

So people have stated that more often than not, these teams don't remain together and/or don't translate.

Why waste the capital in a tight capital environment?

If the NSWRL don't want Manly affiliated with them if we have a partnership with the SCSE, then see ya later.

More money in The Bank for us.

I personally reckon T-Rex, DCE, Hodko, Lussick and co. got more out of that team, than any local rabble we have trawled.

Also, what's with those 2003 redneck comments Fluffy? Move on mate. Think of commentary that WASN'T obsolete 9-10 years ago. I honestly reckon Anika would think of more innovative comments than your gush. Hick.

Shoe1 said:
Ryan said:
Make fun of it all you like.

Ok

My original post used a tabloid style headline to draw attention to the fact that the predicted mass exodus of players to Canterbury has not occurred. The 4 exclamation marks and emoticon denote sarcasm. That just 3 manly lower graders have surfaced in the Canterbury lower grades (one of whom, Browne, left in 2010) plainly illustrates that no exodus has transpired.

The response above that I may "make fun of it all I like" does not appear to be relevant to my point about the false mass exodus, but rather seems to highlight that the Canterbury lower grades are stronger than ours.

I have pondered this for some time, and while I don't see the connection between my point and Ryan's, I feel empowered to go ahead and "make fun" -

I think their club colours are crap, the particular shade of blue clashes with just about everything. I hate their mascot, especially its teeth. It's hilarious that Greenberg bought Moore a whole new team and then they did worse than they did the previous year. I find the majority of their fans unsavoury. I loved it when they had all their points stripped. Winning reserve grade is ok, but not developing any players of note who actually graduate to first grade is laughable.

Lol I assume Ryan was harping on about how great Des is as a person

Des does what's good for Des,I believe Cliffy Lyons more than I believe a bear with a huge crush on a filthy turncoat merkin who tried to tear manly apart on his exit

**** Des, **** Greenturd and **** the dogs, super league scum who shouldn't be allowed to compete after cheating the cap

Moondog said:
Tooves is our Moses leading us to the promised land of Back2back.

2V is a club man. Manly to the bone. He is nothing like Des. He will never have our N S W cup or other grades play in Q L D again.

Des can take the Dogs reserve grade there.

Ryan said:
So people have stated that more often than not, these teams don't remain together and/or don't translate.

If the NSWRL don't want Manly affiliated with them if we have a partnership with the SCSE, then see ya later.

I personally reckon T-Rex, DCE, Hodko, Lussick and co. got more out of that team, than any local rabble we have trawled.

Also, what's with those 2003 redneck comments Fluffy? Move on mate. Think of commentary that WASN'T obsolete 9-10 years ago. I honestly reckon Anika would think of more innovative comments than your gush. Hick.

Ryan, thanks for the abuse yet again even though its unprompted and unwarrented. Please the post before mine which asked who else would be going to NSW cup matches bar Newtown tragics. The answer being those whose team is no longer in first grade, e.g. Norths.

How a Non norths and Manly fan like you took offence to that i will never know.

Fluffy said:
Ryan said:

Ryan, thanks for the abuse yet again even though its unprompted and unwarrented. Please the post before mine which asked who else would be going to NSW cup matches bar Newtown tragics. The answer being those whose team is no longer in first grade, e.g. Norths.

How a Non norths and Manly fan like you took offence to that i will never know.

Rambo Ryan rides again.

lovefooty said:
Moondog said:

2V is a club man. Manly to the bone. He is nothing like Des. He will never have our N S W cup or other grades play in Q L D again.

thats a shame because the following players excelled after q cup seasons
trent hogko
dce
lussick
trex
mauro
even bruher had a run.

it is a cheaper than running a nsw cup team and its a stronger comp

Cameron said:
lovefooty said:
Moondog said:

thats a shame because the following players excelled after q cup seasons
trent hogko
dce
lussick
trex
mauro
even bruher had a run.

it is a cheaper than running a nsw cup team and its a stronger comp

I agree it was good while it lasted but Cliff will get this side right. Its in good hands. He is a good coach as well as a top block.(like Tooves)

Ps I use to speak to some of the Sydney players that had to fly up each week and they hated it, Vic Moaro , Adam Cuthbo ect ect

Someone said they wanted to see another gun 20s side, rock up on Sunday.
Roosters have a good side that went toe to toe with the Warriors and almost beat them. So expect them to do our 20s by atleast 30 points

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7