Matai Tackle Footage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Would be interesting to see a still shot of the first point of contact for the Matai tackle then put it up against mini's and benji's first point of contact and compare them against Matai's seeing as both of them got off. If someone knows how to do that, I think it would be a good point of reference.

I reckon there's a lot of people at Manly HQ doing just that very thing.

If Matai is charged, then there is a very good chance we could win at the judiciary by comparing many other examples where players got off.

Even a grade 1 will see him miss 2 weeks. We will not see him till AT LEAST the gf if we make it.

bones said:
Minichiello's attack on Josh Dugan's head was much worse.

Skivie doesn't have Politis pulling the judiciary strings like Mini did.

After watching it a couple of times i think that his arm was deflected off perrets left hand, moving steves forearm slightly off the ball to collect perret around the chin, his only issue is that his movement is in an upward fassion and that the shoulder collects the head, which the new commission wants to stamp out of the game, watch for the league to throw the book at him !

Papali has just whacked Gallen flush knocked him silly and no report. This is ****ing bull **** in the extreme.

We just saw a defence for Matai. Gallen was hit high in a very similar tackle to Matai's and the video referee deemed penalty sufficient. The Raiders player was not put on report.

Beat me to it Mick. The inconsistency is bull**** but may work in our favour this time.

The thing is it's the video goof that puts the player on report with these things. It's a subjective view of 1 person and in our cases it was that olympic class ****wit Clarke and his vendetta against us that put them on report. This should be no case to answer or it is an organised stitch up.

Another high shot by a Shark on Williams as he kicked for the try. Right across his neck. Nothing no report

Has anybody read the Sunday Telegraph article where Perret states that after Matai's hit he could:

"... just remember the game in patches".

and follows up by stating that:

"I have a sore jaw, so I am guessing he got me somewhere there. I don't remember the impact, just bits and pieces of the game. I had to play on auto-pilot."

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-steve-matai-is-poised-to-front-the-nrl-judiciary-again/story-e6frexnr-1226468087909

Seems to me like someone is trying to make sure that there is no chance of having to face Matai in another finals game this year. Personally I see such comments as being unnecessary and poor sportsmanship. The incident should just be left on the field and dealt with by the judiciary. There is no need for commentators or players to add fuel to the fire.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4