Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bottom line is that we have some depth which is good with Origin coming up. One injury will not kill us.

Other good thing as that Dunley won't be in first grade. No brain explosions!!!

I'm really worried about Ballin getting dropped. I'd have him as the first player picked, he's the most naturally talented player at the club.
Matai is good, I'm a fan, BUT, if it comes down to keeping him happy or keeping Ballin & Burns happy, he is the one that will have to cop it.

I get the feeling Travis is waiting to find out whether he will be one of the starting 13 before he re-signs again for next year, and if they put Lyon into 5/8 I think he will probably take up the Titan's offer. It would be a shame to lose him because what he lacks in talent he more than makes up for in heart.

Our problem is that Steve Bell isn't getting any younger.

I'd say he's only got another one or two seasons before considering his options in the UK.

So considering its almost impossible to 'buy' a decent 5/8th in the comp, where are our options if Lyon has to move back to center. Burns isn't going to want to bide his time in PL in case that has to happen.

Possibly Bani to wing and hicks into center but that is basing our future on someone who hasn't been tested in 1st's yet. Monaghan won't be around so I think we're a little silly to let Burns take off but Lyon seems to be the goods in 5/8th.

its tough, and thats one of the reasons you only have a small window to win the comp these days until you need to reshuffle the side again

Monaghan won't be around so I think we're a little silly to let Burns take off but Lyon seems to be the goods in 5/8th.

After less than 80 mins NRL experience & two ESL games?

He wasn't playing 5/8 when we got our act together against Canberra (Lyon being moved from 5/8 wasn't the reason we got our act together, Ballin coming on was).

Burns needs to play 5/8 full stop in my books.
+ He's awesome in defence around the ruck;
+ He is now passing the ball out wide quite efficiently.
+ He could be our long term future in the 1/2's.
+ Monaghan will probably go, so lets get Burns used to 5/8.

We then need to find a spot for Matai.
+ Bell won't be around too many more years.
+ Matai is a long term centre option.
+ Would add a lot more impact than Willow both off the bench and/or starting.
(I don't think we want to move Bell from the centres)
Besides that - Matai will play centres throughout the SOO series for Manly. In fact - I think our team will be as follows throughout SOO:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford (Gower/Gidley will play SOO)
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Matt Ballin
15. Mark Bryant
16. Glenn Hall
17. Luke Williamson

and that's a very, very nasty team considerring rep players are taken out.

Good post Ryan. I definitely think Burns should be encouraged to stay. It pisses me off when good little players are preferred to big slow ones without much talent. Your SOO team looks wicked. It's always been problematic when this rep season comes around, but this year we'll be able to run a steady ship, or so it seems.

Burns needs to play 5/8 full stop in my books.
+ He's awesome in defence around the ruck;
+ He is now passing the ball out wide quite efficiently.
+ He could be our long term future in the 1/2's.
+ Monaghan will probably go, so lets get Burns used to 5/8.

Lyon fills all those points quite comfortably too, is still pretty young. I want to see more of him there linking with Bell.

If Monaghan goes, next year my ideal option would be

3.Bell
4.Matai
6.Lyon
9.Ballin
14.Burns

This is just my opinion, but i see Burns long term being a hooker. I think he will be a perfect man to bring on off the bench for impact

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6