Matt Ballin is all class

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
marga said:
I always get a kiss and hug from Choc wherever I see him.

I hope you tell him "keep those hands where I can see them!!!!"

Sometimes it's good to see people's evolution. Someone I met over here went to school with them and said that way back then....he and his brother were a couple of rat-bags (which I'm not surprised at lol).

Errrr I met Gary Freeman once, he was real nice too (for a non manly player)
He's the perfect gentleman, I'm the one that has to behave. lol
I have heard he was a bit of a larrikin when younger. He still has that bad boy smile though.

globaleagle said:
In 2010 I went to the Gold Coast post match function after our (loss) to the titans.

Actually, was staying in the same hotel as the team.

Heaps of players about.

But...... I was too quiet to approach any (plus you're all a rowdy lot - even spoke over Arko when he gave a speech.)

However (which is just a 3 syllable fancy pants way of saying 'but')... next time I'll struggle my way through you noisy eagles and say "Hi!" to a few of them if they are friendly. :)

Come to think of it, some of you may have been there too!
He'll yeah!

Just got tix to this years function! Might have to get a I'm with GE sign.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Grub of the highest order , one of the most disgraceful acts I have seen from a player of that nature.

But we all know he comes from the land of grubs!!

So what did he say in a nutshell ?

(Not surprised he was rude, even to kids!)

They were chanting 40-0, 40-0,40-0

Slater yelled Get Fu...ed!

We won that game :D
SCam was playing, so they couldn't say that Manly only won 40-0 because he was out.

I think it was the last game ever played at Olympic Park. Another historic Manly event :cool:

HappilyManly said:

SCam was playing, so they couldn't say that Manly only won 40-0 because he was out.

I think it was the last game ever played at Olympic Park. Another historic Manly event :cool:

Yeah basically that's it , not a big deal
If they were 14 or 15, the kids were 5 /7 & 8, and in my opinion a star player like that should have more class, just showed the opposite on that occasion .

Thanks Mark and HM.

Whilst that is appalling from Slater, probly a good thing he reinforced the dislike from the kiddies!

That way they know who the baddies are right from the start.

Hey @globaleagle the original post by Peter C has 26 'likes' - and climbing.
lol, how do you like them apples? ;)

Mark from Brisbane said:
HappilyManly said:

If they were 14 or 15, the kids were 5 /7 & 8, and in my opinion a star player like that should have more class, just showed the opposite on that occasion .

Hardly an offensive chant. What an absolute ankle (for those that don't know it's lower than something else).

If the kids were abusing him and swearing at him you'd say ok, fair game. What does he expect kids to be cheering? 'Bravo....time for tea and biscuits'.

Now think about our team, can you imagine Killer, Kitey, Ballin abusing children? I could imagine them

a. laughing it off
b. ignoring it.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Killer03 said:
Hardly an offensive chant. What an absolute ankle (for those that don't know it's lower than something else).

A knee? What's wrong with a knee?

Well I did ask in a nutshell...

You could easily argue Slater acted like a nut-sack (or thereabouts) but even that's too generous.

Nut sacks being quite useful, after all.

(I'm quite attached to mine).

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hey @globaleagle the original post by Peter C has 26 'likes' - and climbing.
lol, how do you like them apples? ;)

:p:D lol. Why, it's an absolute tragedy to treat me, a 'true supporter,' in such a way!

At least I'm winning the tipp ....... oh never mind.

RiverEagle said:

My better half has mine in a jar somewhere.

Killer03 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
HappilyManly said:

Hardly an offensive chant.
a. laughing it off
b. ignoring it.
40-0, you remember how much it upset poor Billy?
He had to console his cobber Izzy, who was crying. It was a very emotional day for silly Billy goat.:)

Mark from Brisbane said:
HappilyManly said:

No surprise. Even though my total hatred of Melbourne has waned thanks to 2008, he's still one of the biggest grubs ON the field, so it's no shock he's one off it too...

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:

My better half has mine in a jar somewhere.

Ah yes, the most common default position for married or longterm couples.

I trust she still sees their worth mate; and at least whips them out for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries... Christmas and so on)

Certainly for a captain's run if we win the premiership!

Matt Ballin is a deadset legend. One of the most underrated players of this generation of players. I dont think this Manly side would have achieved what it has without the services if Ballin at dummy half and in defence. Goes about his business professionally with no bs. A great Manly clubman and would be a great addition to the coaching/conditioning team once he hangs up the boots, as others have mentioned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4