Matt Ballin to replace Dan Ferris?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If this is true, and its something I think most of us have wanted to happen ever since Matty hung up his boots, then it is definitely a step in the right direction for the club and the team itself.

Not only is he a qualified trainer, he knows what it takes to be fit and successful in the NRL. He spent the best part of a decade as part of a strong winning culture at Manly and his presence can only be a good thing. And besides, he was also one of the best defensive hookers the game has seen in its 110 years in this country. Having that experience guiding our defence can't be a bad thing.

If this is true, and its something I think most of us have wanted to happen ever since Matty hung up his boots, then it is definitely a step in the right direction for the club and the team itself.

Not only is he a qualified trainer, he knows what it takes to be fit and successful in the NRL. He spent the best part of a decade as part of a strong winning culture at Manly and his presence can only be a good thing. And besides, he was also one of the best defensive hookers the game has seen in its 110 years in this country. Having that experience guiding our defence can't be a bad thing.

Not to mention his passes out of DH both left and right were bullet like in terms of speed and accuracy, something Api has trouble with at times and Fainu also needs help with. He was very underrated by Non-Manly fans.

Not to poor cold water on this but there are new standards within the fitness industry for high performance sport. Does Matt have his level 2 S&C qualification? That’s considered the minimum now to be an S&C for an elite sport franchise.

I want this to happen but I’m just asking the question. A PT can’t just be a head strength and conditioning coach. It would be like a laborer deciding to build a house. The initial degree is usually a masters followed up with further professional development

Not to poor cold water on this but there are new standards within the fitness industry for high performance sport. Does Matt have his level 2 S&C qualification? That’s considered the minimum now to be an S&C for an elite sport franchise.

I want this to happen but I’m just asking the question. A PT can’t just be a head strength and conditioning coach. It would be like a laborer deciding to build a house. The initial degree is usually a masters followed up with further professional development
Always has to be someone pissing on the fire. Give Matt and the club just a little credit. Knowing the type of guy Matt Ballin is, he is not the type to take on a job he is not qualified for, I am more than sure they are not going to put someome with a Fitness cert from a cornflakes packet into the Head of Strength & Conditioning role. What Qualification do you have for being the new HR scrutiniser. This type of **** is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone is always looking for something to get high and mighty about. And if Dan Ferris has all of these things you speak of then clearly it isn't working, the bloke is a dead set dud just like Barrett. All the paperwork to prove that they actually have no idea.

Also, it was just Danny wierdler just saying 'Matt is in line for a job", there is nothing even remotely official about this. Somehow it's taken on legs of its own and we all think that the resume is in, etc.

Regardless of whether or not we want it to be true...or if it is just weeing on the flames, there just hasn't been much too it besides a throw away line by some hack journo.

However, I understand most peoples need for good news and rumours... so please, y'all carry on now y'hear!

(unless I've missed something).

Always has to be someone pissing on the fire. Give Matt and the club just a little credit. Knowing the type of guy Matt Ballin is, he is not the type to take on a job he is not qualified for, I am more than sure they are not going to put someome with a Fitness cert from a cornflakes packet into the Head of Strength & Conditioning role. What Qualification do you have for being the new HR scrutiniser. This type of **** is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone is always looking for something to get high and mighty about. And if Dan Ferris has all of these things you speak of then clearly it isn't working, the bloke is a dead set dud just like Barrett. All the paperwork to prove that they actually have no idea.
Matt Balin is now a school teacher at Wavell Hign School in Brisbane. It is a rugby league school, my son goes there, Matt helps out with the league program, my son loves it because he is a Manly fan and a hooker, so best of both worlds. I spoke to Matt at my sons GF and he is happy in Brisbane and is not going anywhere and has no interest in coaching.

You’re ****ed mate. Pull your head in. Ferris is a peanut. I’m not criticing ballin he was always one of my favorite players.

I’m questioning the integrity of the story and bringing a small amount of rationality before people work themselves into a frenzy and then get angry it’s not happening.

I have a friend that works in this industry and has worked in both afl and nrl. There is a lot goes into being an S&C. They’re almost like a medical person with the tie in they have with physios because so much is meant to be about injury prevention.

For the record this mate knows Ferris and hates him.

But seriously by all means jump down my throat and imply things I didn’t say. It’s ****wits like you that make me not want to add any insights on this forum and let you continue in blissful stupidity

Irrespective of any differences of opinions or differences in interpretation of opinions here , there is never any lack of passion , however expressed , for the best interests of the club and that really should count for something . and can only be a good thing .

You’re ****ed mate. Pull your head in. Ferris is a peanut. I’m not criticing ballin he was always one of my favorite players.

I’m questioning the integrity of the story and bringing a small amount of rationality before people work themselves into a frenzy and then get angry it’s not happening.

I have a friend that works in this industry and has worked in both afl and nrl. There is a lot goes into being an S&C. They’re almost like a medical person with the tie in they have with physios because so much is meant to be about injury prevention.

For the record this mate knows Ferris and hates him.

But seriously by all means jump down my throat and imply things I didn’t say. It’s ****wits like you that make me not want to add any insights on this forum and let you continue in blissful stupidity

Woah there Sally. They were not having a go at you, they were using tongue in cheek humour

Woah there Sally. They were not having a go at you, they were using tongue in cheek humour
GE was tongue in cheek, but the post @lurker responded to wasn't. I'm not having a go at Conanu at all, he posts some good things on here and is a passionate Manly fan for sure - but that was a genuine dig and wasn't warranted.

Me? Leave me outta your crazy sex games!
They don't call you the Moose for nothing.....

"Moose eat a variety of different plants. Available vegetation depending on season dictates their diet. Leaves and small branches of trees and shrubs are common food choices (called "browse") for much of the year. Because they have no upper front teeth, one browsing method is to grip a branch and pull sideways to strip off all the leaves with their tough lips and tongue"

Last edited:
Tongue in cheek humour doesn’t go down well with some on here!!

Sadly.
Continue defending and protecting muppets then. Read my initial post. None of it was an opinion and didn’t deserve the crack that followed. The response I got (not from GE) was a dig. But stuff it I guess I should expect posting anything rational to be criticized.

Continue defending and protecting muppets then. Read my initial post. None of it was an opinion and didn’t deserve the crack that followed. The response I got (not from GE) was a dig. But stuff it I guess I should expect posting anything rational to be criticized.

Well .... there is the cause right there ..... if you are going to be rational, of course you will be stoned .... stop it ....

see, that is how tongue in cheek is done ....... bloody rationalists ..... splitters all of them ...

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10