Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No. We need lean, mobile, uptempo and agile.

We have too many slow heavier types already. It's why we get ripped up through our middles.

Someone like Spencer Leniu would have been ideal. But we went out and got Aaron Woods. Right after we got Johns, Condon and before we got Arthur, but after we got Talau.

Horrible.
I think Josh Stuckey / Matterson might meet your requirements from BWSE.

judging by these highlights, it looks like he loves hitting a hole and can throw a decent pass

I think Josh Stuckey / Matterson might meet your requirements from BWSE.

Mate, we have way too many fringe guys already. That's not what we need either. We need to do what we did to rebuild the club under Des and add one or two marquee players per season again.

Every other club can acquire GOOD players. Look at Tigers and Dogs ffs. We are the only bottom feeder that keeps adding scraps to scraps.

Stuckey / Matterson aren't the players to turn our culture and form around.

Mate, we have way too many fringe guys already. That's not what we need either. We need to do what we did to rebuild the club under Des and add one or two marquee players per season again.

Every other club can acquire GOOD players. Look at Tigers and Dogs ffs. We are the only bottom feeder that keeps adding scraps to scraps.

Stuckey / Matterson aren't the players to turn our culture and form around.
Question then is , where's the spare cash? Unless we have an owner or an accountant like the Roosters we are cooked....and add to that a coach who's signings have been anything but astute, I don't know what other choice there is.
I would like yourself wouldnt mind 1 or 2 marquee players but we are hamstrung as f--k when it comes to the salary cap.

Last edited:
Except back then we didn't already have 3 stars on top dollar.
When Des started his rebuild we first signed Kite and BK. Added Orford. Cap full.
When BK left we added Lyon.
Cap full, so after that we only went after value signings.
(Unless there were some marquee players I've forgotten.)

The next marquee players we got were Marty and Dylan Walker, 8 years ago now and none since, because we've had our Big 3 during that entire time.

Last edited:

We have too many slow heavier types already. It's why we get ripped up through our middles.

Someone like Spencer Leniu would have been ideal. But we went out and got Aaron Woods. Right after we got Johns, Condon and before we got Arthur, but after we got Talau.

Horrible.

Tallis said tonight this is why the Chooks are moving him on.

Too slow and immobile and not suited to the modern game.

You are right @Ryan we dont need him.

Chase Soni Luke from Panthers or similar and get a quality young 9.

Soni Luke just re-signed with the Panthers and according to ST’s,I thought the club already had a quality young 9
yeah and Soni Luke isn’t a quality young 9 anyway. He’s a 27 year old turn style who overplays his hand on occasions. Panthers re-signed him because he is good in 10 minute bursts to lift the energy and they don’t have the cap space to do anything else. You wouldn’t buy him to be your main 9 moving forward.

Horrible.
who is this Talau person I keep hearing about?

Someone like Spencer Leniu would have been ideal.
Spencer is the Roosters upgrade
We do not want to get the Roosters downgrade
Your Up-tempo Upgrade makes sense @Ryan feathered friend

Found this today

Matt Lodge has been sent to the Roosters feeder club North Sydney for the remainder of the season. It’s understood that his manager Isaac Moses (has history with Nick Politis) wanted Lodge’s contract paid out.
In response to ridiculous demands. The Chooks have sent him packing.”

Worries me that he’s a Moses client.Hopefully Mestrov is as strong as Politis

Lodge is a Moses client! Am I wrong, or has every new recruit since Seibold got the job been another on Mose's books. Assistant coach and all.

Found this today

Matt Lodge has been sent to the Roosters feeder club North Sydney for the remainder of the season. It’s understood that his manager Isaac Moses (has history with Nick Politis) wanted Lodge’s contract paid out.
In response to ridiculous demands. The Chooks have sent him packing.”

Worries me that he’s a Moses client.Hopefully Mestrov is as strong as Politis
Politis has had a blow up with Moses over the Sualli contract. Politis got Moses re accredited (twice) then sh!t on him with this deal. Moses has no morals whatsoever

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8