matt orford to canberra or parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Win/lose/draw Orford always gave 100%. He was the captain of one of the strongest Manly outfits ever assembled.

I dont think he should be our halfback next year, but he definitely deserves respect

He played his guts out for us and he will be a great signing for who ever he goes to. I remember the kicks he used to do for Snake and I can see him doing the same for Hayne or Dugan.

TBH if he goes to Parra he could be the final piece of the puzzle for a premiership much like Jason Taylor almost did for them in 2001.

I like Matty he play strong and his hit on Lima (i think) in the Grand Final was a major turning point, not to forget the kick for Robbo.

Best of luck Ox where ever you go..

Flip link said:
Id like to see him go to Canberra.

If theres one club in this comp I'd support if Manly ever died a painful and horrible death it would be the green machine.

They're a clean skin club, do the right things by the league and produce a lot of really good juniors for the game. They need something to go their way for once in a while and while hes not the man for us, Matt Orford could well be just what the doctor ordered for the younger guys down at the Raiders.

Are you kidding a cleanskin club. You obviously dont remember them rorting the cap to win  premierships in 1989 and 1990. They should have been stripped like the storm were and then they were one of the chief whinging architects of the super league era. Daley and Meninga standing up saying the ARL had never done anything for them. **** 'em I hope they stay down in the **** they belong in.

mickqld link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=184228.msg277626#msg277626 date=1279841856]
Id like to see him go to Canberra.

If theres one club in this comp I'd support if Manly ever died a painful and horrible death it would be the green machine.

They're a clean skin club, do the right things by the league and produce a lot of really good juniors for the game. They need something to go their way for once in a while and while hes not the man for us, Matt Orford could well be just what the doctor ordered for the younger guys down at the Raiders.

Are you kidding a cleanskin club. You obviously dont remember them rorting the cap to win  premierships in 1989 and 1990. They should have been stripped like the storm were and then they were one of the chief whinging architects of the super league era. Daley and Meninga standing up saying the ARL had never done anything for them. f**k 'em I hope they stay down in the s**t they belong in.
[/quote]in them days though so too were broncos i dont know about you but im glad they were around with the personnel  they had to counter act the broncos ....

Duff link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=184228.msg277667#msg277667 date=1279847424]
Geez, some of your guys are harsh.

The guy won the Dally M and the was the halfback and key playmaker in a premiership winning team for us in 2008.

He was awful in 2009 and I don't want him to come back either, but surely he deserves some respect.

In my opinion he's a typical halfback - he thrives on confidence and goes missing when he is low on confidence.  I don't want to sign him, but I'm not too keen on playing against him either.  Personally I hope he decides to stay in the UK and has a successful career over there.

He was only as awful in '09 as he was in the other years he was here. In '08 the other guys were so damn good when it counted that 1 or 2 passengers weren't going to bugger things up.
[/quote]
Careful - that's a Jerry post.

I was going to say something similar.

:)

wo cares where he goes ! they can enjoy the experience of 10 metre kick offs and drop outs and goal kicks that dont make the distance and grubbers on the last tackle straight into an opposition player and running across field all the time and throwing the ball into touch on the last tackle in an attacking position ,SHOULD I KEEP ON GOING ?? :)

Quick, Quick! Rumour push into overdrive Orford was seen at the game yesterday sitting next to Brett Stewart.

He must be signing with us, surely he's not still friends with his former team mates & staying with family on the Central Coast so wanted to head to the game for fun. {damnit where's my sarcasm emoticon gone??}

I miss Ox to much to watch him play against us,it would be heartbreaking given our halfback is currently the worst in the nrl

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184228.msg277714#msg277714 date=1279857190]

He was only as awful in '09 as he was in the other years he was here. In '08 the other guys were so damn good when it counted that 1 or 2 passengers weren't going to bugger things up.

We must be the only team in the history of rugby league to win a comp with a passenger as a halfback.

[/quote]

Shane Perry - Broncos, comes to mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8