Mayer is Gone - I Hope Max is Happy!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bradza link said:
Tooves has a business degree, is a qualified accountant and has been on the NMRA board for a number of years. Just the same I can't see him as a CEO and I'd be surprised if he would want the job. We need someone with character and the relevant skills.
As with others here I think that if backdoor benny got selected there would be riot
Thanks Grant for your efforts and for being so accessible.
  If Toovey becomes CEO it is a concern.  Who will step up to bark instructions at the players and organise them in attack and defence?  Toovey is irreplaceable in that role!

Matabele link said:
If Toovey becomes CEO it is a concern.  Who will step up to bark instructions at the players and organise them in attack and defence?  Toovey is irreplaceable in that role!

Exactly. Who could forget that NRL promo clip with Tooves behind the play, doing some sort of shadow boxing motivation to one of the players. Priceless.

Bradza link said:
Tooves has a business degree, is a qualified accountant and has been on the NMRA board for a number of years. Just the same I can't see him as a CEO and I'd be surprised if he would want the job. We need someone with character and the relevant skills.
As with others here I think that if backdoor benny got selected there would be riot
Thanks Grant for your efforts and for being so accessible.
I sat on the board of a multi-million charitable/service organisation for ten years and there is no way you would want me running the Sea Eagles. Others here have business credentials. Tooves is great in what he does but the Sea Eagles is a 13 million dollar enterprise that has been in some trouble n the past few years. A cool hard business head is essential.

its official

from MWSE

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Board has tonight accepted the resignation of CEO Grant Mayer effective immediately.

Grant has agreed to assist the board for a 4 week transition period, and a management committee has been formed until a replacement CEO can be found.

Manly Chairman Scott Penn said "Grant came to Manly at a time when the Sea Eagles were struggling off the field and formed a wonderful partnership with Des Hasler to take the team to successive Grand Finals, including the 2008 Premiership and 2009 World Club Challenge. Grant leaves the Club in good shape having increased Revenue more than 30%, more than doubling Membership and tripling Merchandise Sales as well as signing our new major sponsor Quantum Eco Hot Water. We are a much stronger organisation as a result of Grant's leadership"

The Board thanks Grant for his tireless contribution to the success of the Sea Eagles and wishes Grant and his family all the best for the future.

Be careful about coping this article to here because it is only available to screaming eagles members and has a clear warning on it about copying it.

tookey link said:
Be careful about coping this article to here because it is only available to screaming eagles members and has a clear warning on it about copying it.
  There's no CEO to monitor or enforce it though now, is there?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180756.msg227881#msg227881 date=1245247745]
 There's no CEO to monitor or enforce it though now, is there?
[/quote]

Maybe they can appoint Phil Dean as official forums policeman?     ;D

tookey link said:

actually it was on their front page and availible to the public, however im more than happy to get rid of it if need be.

You are fine deadlyeagle, it was a public release and in this instance I don't believe there would be a problem - it has been quoted in the general press.

There is an article exclusive to Screaming Eagles members from Grant and it is just a little more personal and listed as being covered by copyright.

As a general rule silvertails does not put anything directly from mwse as it is their intellectual property and I think Dan has an understanding with them, and it forms part of this site's forum rules.

eagle_predator link said:
Doesn't Toovey do something with the NRMA ?

He is a member of the MRMA Board of Directors.

Refer: http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/board_of_directors.htm

Mr G (Geoff) Toovey
BBus, CA, MAICD

Mr Toovey was re-elected as a non-executive Director on 6 December 2008, having served on the Board since 1 December 2001. He is the Chairman of the Audit, Risk Management & Compliance Committee and a member of the Finance & Investments Committee.

Mr Toovey is a Chartered Accountant with over 14 years' experience. He is also a Director of Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited. Mr Toovey played rugby league for Manly Warringah and represented both NSW and Australia.

He is active in working with a number of charitable, community and school based organisations.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4