Media now promote we are an aging side???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jado said:
Frank said:
I'm wondering how many of you actually read the article. I found it quite flattering to us. The only reference to an ageing roster was the opening line which said;

"MANLY approach their football like the ex-heavyweight champ, past his prime and digging down for one last great fight."

And even that was more a reference to our teams mature and tough attitude based on having been around the block many a time.

What should be of more concern to us is the fact that Paul Kent has written a flattering article on Manly and that Beccy was on Sunrise this morning spruiking us as the "real deal". Something is definitely up.

Yeah I read it. But's it like a performer singing up on stage mid way through their career (i.e in their prime!) thumping out an amazing performance; then the journalist reviewer writing "Great Show! But I noticed they got a new wrinkle"

My point is its so vastly insignificant (or incorrect) that it needs to be questioned why in fact is was part of the story at all. Manly clearly have a mix of ages with succession plans in the background I'm sure for the elders, it has absolutely no basis for a place in telling the story of match review from Sunday.

I know its just journalists with their consistent inclusions of BS in their Manly stories, but hey, i don't complain of much, so I see complaining at Journos writing crap towards the eagles as a good venting target. :)

Fair enough Jado. I don't interpret it the same way I guess. I suggest you look at lsz and gart's posts as I also agree with them.

Manly supporters need a thick skin as "haters are gonna hate".

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2