Media Silence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zorba's involvement white-anting Tooves aside, my personal opinion is that as fans we might have had higher expectations for this season than the rest of the RL community.

Im not saying we had no right too, our team should be playing a darn sight better than we currently are, however, I distinctly remember a column from Matthew Elliot pre-season predicting our squad would finish bottom 4 and in no particular order; he wasn't the only one.

http://silvertails.net/threads/who-does-matt-elliot-think-he-is.48148/

Now I'm sure PeePee has his media contacts hush hush as much as he can control that sort of thing, but on the main part I honestly think Barrett isnt copping flack because he wasn't expected by the majority of the populace to do any better.

Maybe our expectations are too high, I'm not sure. Maybe we aren't even worth the newspaper real-estate anymore. Sad times.
I can recall in the beginning of the season how the media was praising the great work by Bob Fulton in getting a competitive roster in just 5 months where other teams took 5 years to do the same . The expectations were there .

The problem I see is that Barrett and his coaching staff have not done justice to this roster.
Barrett so far has proven that he is not the great innovator coach that he was made out to be .
In a results driven business excuses don't get results
I hope Barrett proves me wrong .
EXCUSE.jpg

The thread title gave absolutely no indication of what the thread was about. If Dan can create a prefix which describes the thread as "Just another Bitch about Zorba: then I will happily ignore the thread.
And yet you are still here writing in it Ralph, and bumping it.

I can recall in the beginning of the season how the media was praising the great work by Bob Fulton in getting a competitive roster in just 5 months where other teams took 5 years to do the same . The expectations were there .

The problem I see is that Barrett and his coaching staff have not done justice to this roster.
Barrett so far has proven that he is not the great innovator coach that he was made out to be .
In a results driven business excuses don't get results
I hope Barrett proves me wrong .
View attachment 3680
Would be great if he had a fit & healthy team to coach! Not easy for a newby to show results when he can't pick the same side 2 weeks in a row!

The thread title gave absolutely no indication of what the thread was about. If Dan can create a prefix which describes the thread as "Just another Bitch about Zorba: then I will happily ignore the thread.
The feeling is mutual - straight from the horse's mouth :sick:
The truth finally comes out

Peters confirms what we already know that the fans are irrelevant and money comes first because we are privately owned.

DCE, Tapau and Myles are going great and the teams performances are good

A great way to kill the great club NFI

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...ats-wrong-at-manly/1mn96qw3y6azt1lq3uhm7qh25g

Would be great if he had a fit & healthy team to coach! Not easy for a newby to show results when he can't pick the same side 2 weeks in a row!
Look at the NRL team injury list and you will see we are not the only club with injuries . Injuries were no excuse for Toovey when he was told that this was a Results driven business .
Great coaches rise above adversity. So far Barrett has proven to be an average coach . What has he done to prove otherwise ?

Last edited:
http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...ats-wrong-at-manly/1mn96qw3y6azt1lq3uhm7qh25g

pity there is no comment ability on this site like on some news sites ... then they might really see what the fans are saying .... no mention of Walkers failure at 5/8 .... but we are irrelevant .... I'm sure that if TB doesn't start to show that he can coach a team he will be shown the door from this results driven business

pity there is no comment ability on this site like on some news sites ... then they might really see what the fans are saying .... no mention of Walkers failure at 5/8 .... but we are irrelevant .... I'm sure that if TB doesn't start to show that he can coach a team he will be shown the door from this results driven business
In a Results Driven Bu$ine$$ You dont get too many people as financial members of a club is you tell them they are irrelivant .
I like Zorba but as we all do he stuffed up big time with that unprofessional remark .

Look at the NRL team injury list and you will see we are not the only club with injuries . Injuries were no excuse for Toovey when he was told that this was a Results driven business .
Great coaches rise above adversity. So far Barrett has proven to be an average coach . What has he done to prove otherwise ?
Yes other teams have injuries also, however the injured players in our team are the ones we rely upon to achieve whereas most other teams injured players are not necessarily their mainstays!

Yes other teams have injuries also, however the injured players in our team are the ones we rely upon to achieve whereas most other teams injured players are not necessarily their mainstays!
Last week we fielded a very competitive team consisting of Elite players like Tom T. Killer Brown DCE Walker Taupau Miles jake T Parcel and Barrett's coaching did not do the team roster justice . We were blown off the park . We lost the game 5 tries to 1. defensively we were a turn style and in attack we were not flying Sea eagles but we were like lost sheep . We were never in the game .
I repeat . So far Barrett has proven to be an average coach . What has he done to prove otherwise ?

Last week we fielded a very competitive team consisting of Elite players like Tom T. Killer Brown DCE Walker Taupau Miles jake T Parcel and Barrett's coaching did not do the team roster justice . We were blown off the park . We lost the game 5 tries to 1. defensively we were a turn style and in attack we were not flying Sea eagles but we were like lost sheep . We were never in the game .
I repeat . So far Barrett has proven to be an average coach . What has he done to prove otherwise ?
Yes against a team of more elite players who have been playing together for a number of years & know each others game inside out & have good combinations! Our team against the Broncos had no less than 9 new players in the 17 ( 11 if you include Lussick & Leary). We were missing Snake, Matai, Taufua.......Bozo I'm not suggesting Barrett is the Messiah but he should be given a chance. If results continue to be bad when he's a got a full compliment of players then I will agree with you 100%. When Toovey was given charge of the team he was left a pretty hot roster by Des & still struggled at stages!

Yes against a team of more elite players who have been playing together for a number of years & know each others game inside out & have good combinations! Our team against the Broncos had no less than 9 new players in the 17 ( 11 if you include Lussick & Leary). We were missing Snake, Matai, Taufua.......I'm not suggesting Barrett is the Messiah but he should be given a chance. When Toovey was given charge of the team he was left a pretty hot roster by Des & still struggled at stages!

I would love nothing more than for Barrett to prove me wrong and our beloved Sea eagles to start soaring again .
I am not anti Barrett I am anti getting thrashed and losing games feathered friend

I would love nothing more than for Barrett to prove me wrong and our beloved Sea eagles to start soaring again .
I am not anti Barrett I am anti getting thrashed and losing games feathered friend
What would Cartwright and Seibold contribute to actual team selections?:wondering:

The abyssmal defensive line last week was a surprise, after a great effort against the Rabbids :cool:

Manly need a headkicker in the forward pack who focuses the rabble :wait:

Mate I feel the same. At the beginning of each week I get my hopes up & try to be positive & get excited about the next game............only to be shot down again because of silly play or team selections! Here's hoping again for tomorrow!

Some interesting facts.

After 10 rounds of 2015 Manly had scored 25 tries. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have scored 26 tries.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had scored 152 points. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have scored 178 points. Though most of the improvement can be attributed to Killer kicking 33/37 goals. Last year Killer (14/17), DCE (0/3), Skivy (0/1), Hiku (3/5), Foran (1/1) and Wolf (2/3) had kicked a combined 20/30 by round 10.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had conceded 36 tries. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have conceded 41 tries.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had conceded 202 points. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have conceded 226 points.

Our attack, despite looking to be without structure, has actually been statistically better in 2016 by this time, though Killer's kicking has been most of the reason. Our defence though has been worse than last year.

Last edited:
Some interesting facts.

After 10 rounds of 2015 Manly had scored 25 tries. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have scored 26 tries.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had scored 152 points. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have scored 178 points. Though most of the improvement can be attributed to Killer kicking 33/37 goals. Last year Killer (14/17), DCE (0/3), Skivy (0/1), Hiku (3/5), Foran (1/1) and Wolf (2/3) had kicked a combined 20/30 by round 10.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had conceded 36 tries. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have conceded 41 tries.

After 10 rounds of 2015 we had conceded 202 points. After 10 rounds in 2016 we have conceded 226 points.

Our attack, despite looking to be without structure, has actually been statistically better in 2016 by this time, though Killer's kicking has been most of the reason. Our defence though has been worse than last year.
So the New Era millions well spent then, on star recruits who mirror the efforts of the Players and Staff who were fired ?@:rolleyes:

Some interesting facts.

So Tooveys team that he wasn't allowed to buy the players he wanted, has similar results as Barrett/Fultons opened chequebook team. Interesting.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m (Daily Telegraph | NRL)#load-story-comments

Pressure building on Manly coach Trent Barrett following inconsistent start to the season
May 19, 2016 8:47pm
PAUL CRAWLEYThe Daily Telegraph
THE pressure is building on Trent Barrett from Geoff Toovey loyalists.

With the big spending Sea Eagles sitting 12th on the NRL ladder going into Saturday night’s game against the Sharks, some fans are rightfully wondering why a club legend like Toovey wasn’t afforded the same support last year.

Maybe it was because the club had made its decision before the 2015 season even kicked off.

While Barrett is under no pressure from his bosses, the fans are a different matter.

It’s no secret many didn’t like the way Toovey was hung out to dry and Manly’s results so far this year hasn’t helped ease their pain.

Even with all their big name recruits it’s still going to be a considerable challenge from here to make the top eight.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2