Members Vote of no Confidence - Current Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OneEyedEagle link said:
Does anyone have an inside knowledge of the root cause of the problem apart from differing ego's... To me it appears that it all has falling to S**te over the sale of the club and the redevelopment rights or is this too simplistic.
It is much more complicated than that. It is partly about money and partly about respect and eventually about egos. I am not going to name names as anything that inflames the situation does nothing to improve it. It goes back to continual press revelations about subjects such as payments outstanding, name-calling such as "un-Manly", factions divided on how the Sea Eagles Limited is administered and how effective it is, and of course the money part is dollars lost through the failure to proceed with the original plans for the sale and development of the Leagues Club.

Sadly, it doesn't appear that any party is willing to give ground. The train wreck just keeps on piling up. Like every one else I implore for some sanity and middle ground to be reached.

I am not proposing a spill or no confidence vote in the football club board. Mainly because like most others I don't have all the relevant info...

However the resignation of Sibraa is (yet) another development, and fans can continue to entreat the major players ie millionaire owners, board members etc, to grow up, to act responsibly, to stop damaging the club...

Pigs might fly.

Now in a different thread (maybe a dfifferent forum) Matabele said we'd never get the number of footy club members to call a meeting. Maybe he was right, it is certainly difficult to organise anything, let alone via an on-line footy forum.

But...several people have offered the info on this thread that we are footy club members, so how about we commence the task of actually organising into a group that might have a voice at a footy club meeting, and hence - potentially - have an impact at Sea Eagles level...?

This would definitley take some time, so why not start while we still have a club? and would involve a register somewhere of fans contact details. Thats why I thought this site might be a reasonable place to start..

We don't all agree (probably on anything) so the initial charter might be quite broad, such as 'fans for board accountability to fans' or whatever...

Anyhow I fear that without something like that, we will be perpetually imploring - 'begging' - others to act as we wish, and recent history suggests that simply is not happening. There are many more important issues in the modern world to organise around than Manly, but for some reason I'd be in it.

How about one of us stand for the board???

I am in Brisbane so that counts me out (logistical reasons).

What about Vidmar...he's passionate, rational, a mad supporter and Sydney based???

There's a vacancy now isn't there????

Great idea Mark, I don't know vidmar (actually I've never met any of you!) but based on his posts he would be an admirable candidate.

However I think the Footy Club Board itself just appoints a new board member to fill a casual vacancy.

So ...is it time to invite all fans who have concerns about the future of the club to band together with a view to having an organised voice in the footy club?

Having a gripe on a forum like this is a bit like having a natter with mates in a pub - good fun but won't have an effect on future board decisions..

Bob Reilly is going to take on the Board role temporarily.

It seems to me that the warring parties all have different agendas. Penn and Max have their own. Sibraa's letter to members, about his resignation. basically slams the club (and therefore Mayer) for starting up Screaming Eagles, which has cost membership and therefore funding of the Football Club.

I might be on my own, but starting up a Manly supporters group with seating etc attached was a great idea that will provide long term support for Manly. The football club, in my time there has obviously done stuff behind the scenes but in terms of fiinancial support, I am not sure what has been given.

The keep Manly at Manly agenda has been exposed as a sham (as the constitution cannot allow it to be different without 75% of the members which will never happen.)

Canteen Worker link said:
I might be on my own, but starting up a Manly supporters group with seating etc attached was a great idea that will provide long term support for Manly. The football club, in my time there has obviously done stuff behind the scenes but in terms of fiinancial support, I am not sure what has been given.

But why was the decision made to remove FC membership from the Screaming Eagles memebership? In my view the Manly Sea Eagles made it unreasonably difficult to renew FC membership by removing it from the Screaming Eagles packages.

For a group that are allegedly working towards the one common cause this decision leaves a nasty smell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4