Merged DCE News Threads and Comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Message from the Club, Re DCE

If a smart person had something set up and ready to go, Stimulus money would have been a 'shoe-in' a few years back. We won't get it from the current government and we won't get it from Abbott. For him to repeal what he has promised, to give out paid Maternity leave and fill in his 180 billion dollar black hole, he will need to make slashes and cuts everywhere. There won't be free bickies for Football ovals, when votes in the area don't count!!!

Canteen Worker said:
If a smart person had something set up and ready to go, Stimulus money would have been a 'shoe-in' a few years back. We won't get it from the current government and we won't get it from Abbott. For him to repeal what he has promised, to give out paid Maternity leave and fill in his 180 billion dollar black hole, he will need to make slashes and cuts everywhere. There won't be free bickies for Football ovals, when votes in the area don't count!!!

He has already started telling us where we are going to slash money, i.e. he will terminate the National Disability scheme that the Labor government has been putting money into assessing it's viability, he nearly went as far as saying disabled people are second class citizens. Libs lost my vote on this one thing alone

Liberals are a bunch of merkins,from Howard to thankfully only Abbott

I hope their party falls into a black hole

Nthn NSW said:
simon_eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Abbott better come across with the funds for the revamp of Brookie.

You're having a laugh. He only promises these things in elections where he’s not tipped to win. On the budget, there will be do deficit at all, thanks largely to the Libs/Greens not supporting the company tax cut rate. Own goal I’m afraid.

Is it safe to say that you work in a government related job Simon?

No, I don't mate. Just follow politics (no idea why). If I was in the public sector I would certainly be worried about losing my job come the next election.

Just heard DCE manager on the radio, and he said hed been in constant dialogue with Manly today and talks were very promising. Orr has meeting with Manly officials tonight and thetre could be an announcement as early as tomorrow. Looks like weve got our man, FINALLY.

Daly News

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey admits that the speculation over Daly Cherry-Evans' contract is a distraction but says it won't affect the team heading into Round 3

Read the full article

Daly's going nowhere, say defiant Manly

Toovey remained confident they wouldn't lose anyone they want to keep.

"We're trying to make sure we're not (going to lose anyone)," he said.

http://www.nrl.com/dalys-going-nowhere,-say-defiant-manly/tabid/10874/newsid/66332/default.aspx

RE: Daly's a lynch-pin in a successful side: Toovey

How good is Tooves. Love how much he comes out in the press and says what he thinks. So calm in interviews and doing a great job.

Manly Sea Eagles table revised offer to Daly Cherry-Evans

MANLY last night took a giant step towards retaining Daly Cherry-Evans after finding a way to immediately increase the boom halfback's meagre salary.

A revised four-year offer, tabled at a meeting between Manly officials and the 23-year-old's agent Gavin Orr yesterday, is understood to have scotched any threat of Cherry-Evans wanting out before his current deal expires at the end of 2013.

Manly's continued inability to boost Cherry-Evans' $85,000 base salary for this season prompted Orr to ask for a release last Friday.

Although the request was denied, Sea Eagles boss David Perry and shareholders have spent the past week canvassing third-party sponsorship options to satisfy the demand.

It's understood they successfully raised the money, either through a new backer or by convincing teammates to transfer their 2012 third-party deals to Cherry-Evans.

With Orr emerging from yesterday's meeting in a positive frame of mind, it now appears likely Cherry-Evans will remain at Brookvale until the end of 2015 on a four-year package worth around $2 million.

The new contract is a significant upgrade for the Queenslander, who committed to a three-year contract worth barely $300,000 before making his NRL debut last year.

"The club has seen me (yesterday) and put a new offer towards me and Daly," Orr told Radio 2UE's Sports Today program.

"We are going to go through that ... and see where that takes us. We should have something clearer today, hopefully.

"All reports out of today and talking to the club, it looks promising.

"We are not asking for what he could get on the open market.

"We are asking what's suitable for what he's doing right now at that particular club.

"He really wants to stay at Manly and we are working hard to make sure that happens."

itunes: Download our special edition NRL Magazine

Android: Download our special edition NRL Magazine

Orr said his request for a release was born out of frustration over the prolonged negotiations, which have now stretched out since last August.

But facing a strained 2012 and 2013 salary cap thanks to heavily back-ended contracts, Manly's bids to find space for a pay rise failed repeatedly.

The Sea Eagles privately deny ever being approached for a release during the meeting last Friday, but Orr was last night adamant his hand was forced.

"That probably came out of frustration because this contract negotiation has been going since August. I was originally in those contract negotiations with (former coach) Des (Hasler)," Orr said.

"After the grand final everything fell apart. Des left and went to Canterbury and the CEO (Perry) took over. There has been a long period of waiting and seeing what they're doing but that has also given the club an opportunity to try and sort out its cap issues."

"The pressure is there because this has been going on for six or seven months of negotiations and it's got to the stage where Daly really wants to find out if he's staying at the club or if we should be making arrangements for next year to find out which other clubs are looking for halfbacks."

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-table-revised-offer-to-daly-cherry-evans/story-e6frexnr-1226300904677?reg=1

Manly's pay-big-later offer a carrot for Cherry-Evans

THE manager of Daly Cherry-Evans met Manly chief operating officer David Perry last night as hopes were raised that the Sea Eagles would secure their star halfback until the end of 2015.

Read the full article

No miracle cure for cap problem, says Penn

MANLY co-owner and chairman Scott Penn yesterday warned there was no miracle cure to the club's salary cap problems as it emerged the premier had revised its offer to halfback Daly Cherry-Evans and was confident a deal could be struck in days rather than weeks.

Read the full article

RE: Manly's pay-big-later offer a carrot for Cherry-Evans

If you're allowed third party deals independant of the club, and
If you believe you have a manager who is doing the best for you, then
Why wasn't Orr finding these deals weeks if not months ago?

Orr seems to be a tosspot.

RE: No miracle cure for cap problem, says Penn

If Orr is whining that "Des said his contract would be upgraded if daly did well in 2011" and would like the club to stick to that ORIGINAL deal (albeit, it's not in writing and he seems to forget that Des has left), then one could argue that both Orr and his clients should be happy to stick their ORIGINAL ageed upon and written contracts.

No miracle cure for cap problem, says Penn

Hasbola has plenty of $$$$ under his mattress, he should stuff them into a brown paper bag & give them to DCE to honour his promise.

Manly's pay-big-later offer a carrot for Cherry-Evans

globaleagle said:
If you're allowed third party deals independant of the club, and
If you believe you have a manager who is doing the best for you, then
Why wasn't Orr finding these deals weeks if not months ago?

Cause that would actually require Orr to put in some extra work!

Crusher_Cleal said:
Can anyone tell me exactly when DCE signed his current contract?

A couple of weeks before we lost Hodko's negotiations with the Dogs in 2010.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Can anyone tell me exactly when DCE signed his current contract?

After Dogkinson left, apparently Dogs had signed DCE but then released him after they signed Dogko.

RE: Manly Sea Eagles table revised offer to Daly Cherry-Evans

Ceagle said:
MANLY last night took a giant step towards retaining Daly Cherry-Evans after finding a way to immediately increase the boom halfback's meagre salary.

A revised four-year offer, tabled at a meeting between Manly officials and the 23-year-old's agent Gavin Orr yesterday, is understood to have scotched any threat of Cherry-Evans wanting out before his current deal expires at the end of 2013.

Manly's continued inability to boost Cherry-Evans' $85,000 base salary for this season prompted Orr to ask for a release last Friday.

Although the request was denied, Sea Eagles boss David Perry and shareholders have spent the past week canvassing third-party sponsorship options to satisfy the demand.

It's understood they successfully raised the money, either through a new backer or by convincing teammates to transfer their 2012 third-party deals to Cherry-Evans.

With Orr emerging from yesterday's meeting in a positive frame of mind, it now appears likely Cherry-Evans will remain at Brookvale until the end of 2015 on a four-year package worth around $2 million.

The new contract is a significant upgrade for the Queenslander, who committed to a three-year contract worth barely $300,000 before making his NRL debut last year.

"The club has seen me (yesterday) and put a new offer towards me and Daly," Orr told Radio 2UE's Sports Today program.

"We are going to go through that ... and see where that takes us. We should have something clearer today, hopefully.

"All reports out of today and talking to the club, it looks promising.

"We are not asking for what he could get on the open market.

"We are asking what's suitable for what he's doing right now at that particular club.

"He really wants to stay at Manly and we are working hard to make sure that happens."

itunes: Download our special edition NRL Magazine

Android: Download our special edition NRL Magazine

Orr said his request for a release was born out of frustration over the prolonged negotiations, which have now stretched out since last August.

But facing a strained 2012 and 2013 salary cap thanks to heavily back-ended contracts, Manly's bids to find space for a pay rise failed repeatedly.

The Sea Eagles privately deny ever being approached for a release during the meeting last Friday, but Orr was last night adamant his hand was forced.

"That probably came out of frustration because this contract negotiation has been going since August. I was originally in those contract negotiations with (former coach) Des (Hasler)," Orr said.

"After the grand final everything fell apart. Des left and went to Canterbury and the CEO (Perry) took over. There has been a long period of waiting and seeing what they're doing but that has also given the club an opportunity to try and sort out its cap issues."

"The pressure is there because this has been going on for six or seven months of negotiations and it's got to the stage where Daly really wants to find out if he's staying at the club or if we should be making arrangements for next year to find out which other clubs are looking for halfbacks."

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-table-revised-offer-to-daly-cherry-evans/story-e6frexnr-1226300904677?reg=1

VERY PROMISING. If true, this is the best news the Club has received since Jamie Lyon came over from St Helens. Now for that Foran bloke…

So we signed DCE to a long-term contract prior to him even playing 1 first grade game? That was a pretty shrewd piece of business!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7