Merritt chosen for Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to give the guy a chance, who knows he may have a really good game and score a few trys.

torana355 said:
Have to give the guy a chance, who knows he may have a really good game and score a few trys.

Exactly mate, always good to see a long termer finally get a debut, I remember El Masri getting a game late in his career and playing really well

Pity all the Souths fans have already pledged their support for QLD this year. They'll be cheering against him. Sooks.

Good on him. Hearing about a 30 year old player making his origin debut is a much better footy story than everything else that's going around.

Nathan Merritt deserves his chance and he wont let NSW down. He has been scoring tries for fun for the vermin. He is a great finisher and wlll be there if there are any busts. NSW are gonna struggle in this game cause of a few selfish players, lets hope that I am wrong.

manlyfan76 said:
Well there will be plenty of trys on that side of the field. I just dont think Merrit will score more than he lets in.

He couldn't possibly go as badly as Wolfie did.

He had the revolving door defence going like crazy a few years back. Inglis made him look pretty bad.

Good luck to him. He's earned a go at the very least.

They had to give him a go. Good luck to him. I am surprised Jorge even got a mention at this stage of his career to be honest. I think it would have done him more harm than good if he was selected.

I've never been a big Merritt fan, and I do think Qld will use Inglis to switch with Boyd to really target him 1 on 1.

Having said that, he is now a NSW Origin player and I will be yelling at the tv supporting him hoping he scores a hattrick on debut. If he stuffs up, he'll still have my respect as a NSW rep.

I like the vibe in this thread, it is what SOO is all about, we may hate certain players for most of the year but come SOO time we cheer on whoever represents our state. Im pumped for the second game, hopefully DCE gets some game time and gains some confidence to bring back to Manly.

Happy we will no longer have to hear people ( mainly souths fans ) about how he deserves a go and quoting inane stats about tries he scored in 2006 or whenever. Strolling over untouched 6 or 7 years ago when your team is down by 20 has very little to do with origin.

Sadly to me he just isnt Origin standard and will be rag dolled all night IF he makes a dummy half hit up. But Daley probably had little choice in the end due to lack of options and media pressure.

Good luck to him - hopefully he surprises.

I think you will find Josh Morris will do most of the grunt work on that side. Merrit is there for 1 reason only.

Inglis is happy merrit's been picked.

Said he knows his game so well he's going to run at him a lot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6