Merry xmas and a few thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
First off from a footy sense thank god 2022 is almost over. Lol

Thought I'd come on for the first time in awhile and wish all the good people of silver tails a merry xmas and a safe and happy 2023 and offer some reflections post the sacking drama.

Firstly now the emotions out of it I did what I said I wouldn't and renewed my membership, what's that saying you choose your friends but you can't choose your family and footy clubs :)

As for Des I feel for him but am thankful he will be remembered along with Max Delmege as the men who rebuilt our club post northern eagles and I don't think he's done just yet. My prediction he will be the next coach of the Red V and I wish him well.

Coach Seibold - I'm still not sold and think there were better options. But credit where credit it is due and I think it takes a certain amount of humility for him to reach out to a superior coach like Shane Flanagan and bring him on board. That gives me hope that we can see the best out of this squad again and have some sort of optimism heading towards 2023.

Success Next year will come down to 3 things

1) can the schu fulfill his potential at 6 I hope so. He clearly has the hunger to achieve it looking at how much weight he has lost and how fit he looks.
2) can we find an attacking hooker in our ranks the compliment croker. He's the hardest working bloke I've seen he has drained every inch of talent in body but he's not a week in week out 80 minute hooker he needs a sparky impact man to replace him after the intial 30 mins
3) can tom stay on the field and finally have some good luck with his body.

If those 3 things go out way we should be top 4 and based on the comments of Dumb and Dumber (the owner and ceo) anything less is failure because we have a top 4 squad.

Anyway a few thoughts Cambo out until 2023.

Agree about your 3 things.
Don't agree about Mestrov being 'Dumber', though I don't know the bloke at all. I think he's got off to a decent start, in that something had to happen and he immediately started making things happen.
I'm a big fan of Des but maybe the time was right?
Time will tell if Mestrov's actions help or hinder the club.

Thought I'd come on for the first time in awhile and wish all the good people of silver tails a merry xmas and a safe and happy 2023 and offer some reflections post the sacking drama.

Firstly now the emotions out of it I did what I said I wouldn't and renewed my membership, what's that saying you choose your friends but you can't choose your family and footy clubs :)

As for Des I feel for him but am thankful he will be remembered along with Max Delmege as the men who rebuilt our club post northern eagles and I don't think he's done just yet. My prediction he will be the next coach of the Red V and I wish him well.

Coach Seibold - I'm still not sold and think there were better options. But credit where credit it is due and I think it takes a certain amount of humility for him to reach out to a superior coach like Shane Flanagan and bring him on board. That gives me hope that we can see the best out of this squad again and have some sort of optimism heading towards 2023.

1) can the schu fulfill his potential at 6 I hope so. He clearly has the hunger to achieve it looking at how much weight he has lost and how fit he looks.
2) can we find an attacking hooker in our ranks the compliment croker. He's the hardest working bloke I've seen he has drained every inch of talent in body but he's not a week in week out 80 minute hooker he needs a sparky impact man to replace him after the intial 30 mins

If those 3 things go out way we should be top 4 and based on the comments of Dumb and Dumber (the owner and ceo) anything less is failure because we have a top 4 squad.

Merry Christmas feathered friend

Keep up the Manly Passion

Agree about your 3 things.
Don't agree about Mestrov being 'Dumber', though I don't know the bloke at all. I think he's got off to a decent start, in that something had to happen and he immediately started making things happen.
I'm a big fan of Des but maybe the time was right?
Time will tell if Mestrov's actions help or hinder the club.
We can all form our opinion on Mestrov
But Mestrov is the Author of his own Success story at Manly and every passionate Manly soul should wish him success because his success will amount to our club being a success

I am a very big fan of the legendary Des and will always be grateful for his tremendous grand final inspiration and contribution but All good things come to an end and his last years at the dogs and at Manly were an anti climax .

On the Spirit of Christmas
The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of gratitude and generosity
Our Silvertails family forum home would not be possible without the existence of our Legendary club thanks to all the Generous Manly people that keep giving our club the gift of life

Merry Christmas every one and thank you for your loyal and dedicated contribution to our legendary club :h:

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
1670374249435.png

Just picked up this years pepsi jersey one of the 100 jerseys we played in for $99 from whats your team at Redcliffe.

I still haven't brought myself to renew my membership, but likely will. I'm not sure Flanagan was a Seibold appointment to be honest. I think the club (Mestrov?) has brought him in as an insurance policy if Seibold flops. Flanagan was my pick for head coach, but either way, he's in the building, so well done.

As for Croker, I get what you a saying and I agree re complimenting him with an impact hooker. He gets a lot of flack on here though that I don't think is justified. Along with Jake, he is the most consistent player we have. The ironic thing is Matty Ballin is considered by most on here as a club legend, and rightfully so. Croker is a Ballin clone, crisp service and tackle your arse off! That's how Des likes his hookers and it takes a particular type of mentality to fill that role. He tried to manufacture Lichaa in the same mold at the Dogs and busted him because we wasn't that style of player.

Fair enough points, much agreed but differ on a few personally.
I reckon Seibold can coach, but in the right environment.
I mean there's been some Top rated coaches that lose footy games, the dressing room and the fans, ....Seibold was certainly rated high at Manly as an offsider and was rated up with best coaches while at Souths, with his only real blemish at Bronco's, who were an absolute basket case I think any coach would have failed at and in fact did.
He is a tactician and I believe has trouble communicating to a few players with his insightful rants, but this is where part 2 comes in with Mr Flanagan.
I do 100% agree Flanagan is a great call to arms, as he is a military style coach based on hard work and speaking with ppl directly involved with him at Cronulla, Flanno respects those who stick their heads where most won't and has that "old school" mentallity needed in any era of footy., so I expect the mix to work.
The 1 - 2 - 3
1) Schu will fire at 5/8, but at times get called out for playing "on the edge".....I expect Weekes and Humphrey's to be snapping at heals and both CAN play, but Schu deserves his long awaited shot and will add much zest to our left edge and Foz may have shown him how direct footy is always best.
2) Agree 100% need more out of dummy half than a hard worker and have a few options.
Watch out for Roache - he is Very good and Explosive....plus Gordon CKT and reckon the blokes about sitting behing Schu may also trial there.
3) If Gutho has come back and been injury free so long, it just could be Toms turn to play a FULL season and that my friend would be an ideal Xmas gift for all Silvertail fans in 2023 !!

Have a Top Festive season Cambo, might see you at the Mon Komo 🍻

Last edited:
I still haven't brought myself to renew my membership, but likely will.

As for Croker, I get what you a saying and I agree re complimenting him with an impact hooker. He gets a lot of flack on here though that I don't think is justified. Along with Jake, he is the most consistent player we have. The ironic thing is Matty Ballin is considered by most on here as a club legend,
Firstly feathered friend let me congratulate you for being a Great Manly Soul
You have been a great Manly club member and a great contributor of our Legendary club for years
Great Manly people like you are the reason our club rises above mediocrity to Prosperity
Looking forward to having you part of our Great 2023 Manly family once more

As for the Croker Perspective
Ballin is indeed a legendary premiership hooker of his era and Croker is like a clone but in the new fast modern game era the Hookers role is much more creative and dynamic and bar is risen higher for the key spine number 9 role

Merry Christmas Motso . All the best to you and your loved ones

I was also in two minds about renewing my silver membership, one reason being that as I live in Sylvania, we have too many games on a Thursday or Friday night for me to drive across to the Northern Beaches during peak hour to attend so thought I may not get my money's worth, plus I didn't want to lose my very good seat.
Also, I wasn't happy with the way things panned out with Des, but by the same token I wasn't really happy with Des' ways either.
Been a supporter for nearly sixty years, I decided I couldn't give up on our club, so I renewed my membership last week.

Nice to have you back Cambo!!

I can’t disagree with your three thoughts , I’d suggest all on here would agree.

As to dumb and dumber , I disagree , one is dumb , one is having a red hot crack , and I’d go so far to say since perhaps Grant Mayer we haven’t had a CEO in the same stratosphere.

As to Hasler , whilst I respect his efforts to 2011 I lost respect completely at the end of 2011 and despite putting that aside for a while when he came back I said at the time “ this will end the sane way as it did with the Dogs as all he cares about is $$$$”.

AND, I was right.

Pleased he’s gone , and we needed a change.

I think you are pretty accurate @Cameron on most of your points. However, while Penn definitely fits your description of "dumb", Mestrov is far from being "dumber".
Right now I believe he is doing an outstanding job as CEO, and as long as Penn doesn't interfere with him, he will continue to do so

Merry Christmas Cambo - let’s hope 2023 brings much happiness and joy to Silvertails (ie plenty of wins)

The exact 3 wishes we need for 2023 with a bit each from the rest of our squad and top 4 will be our reward by season end .Merry Christmas to everyone and your families and looking forward to 2023 .
Maaaaaanly .

Merry Xmas & great 2023 to you too mate!

For me 2022 will always be special for me. After 859 days of chemo my son beat leukaemia and spent a weekend via make-a-wish with the Manly Sea Eagle team/club to live out his dreams. Whilst the on field results may have not been what we all want, rest assured they are the greatest club anyone could want and were an absolute credit to themselves. Merry Christmas to you all and your families. May we fly high in 2023!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8