Miss the 8 from here and it's your fault Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don't want the spoon. Make the 8? Don't make the 8? If we get there (and it is a big if) we would just be cannon fodder anyway and knocked out in the first week. Where is the "glory" in that.

People saying we can make the 8 others saying we will get the spoon. It's gonna be a rough ride with more coaching issues and big names quitting the club.

Strap yourselves in.

I can understand Brett wanting to leave because he would still have big money options, I just can't see someone like Matai going and I'm not sure who else would want to leave because of DCE...I thought the worst might be over but we continue to bleed. A really sad state of affairs.

Chez is just the excuse, they really resent his contract length and thus his bank balance in 8 years :cool:

Snake held Manly to ransom 3 years ago, but now the Cap has moved and average players are getting 600k.
Thats life, but his victim mentality can't seperate the two aspects of Chez's contract :confused:

He should talk with Darius, so that after footy he will not carry the burden of being victimized back 6 years ago :angel:

OK, just 2 games behind 7th placed Gold Coast who have a -25 differential already.
The Manly club and spirit I know would run this down easily. With even luck I expect Manly 2015 to do the same. When you look at it, this team does not differ much from 2014 with only an aeging choc and killer missing but we have Tom T and Mateo to fill that void.
C'mon Manly - get on with it!.
NYEagle

Look at the scoreboard.

If the Eels win tomorrow, Manly are two wins clear as the wooden Spooner's.
Every other team in the comp has win two more games than Manly.

Anyone thinking we are going to make 8 is deluded.
I'll keep disagreeing with this kind of thinking.
As long as I am a Manly fan I will believe in this club. I choose to believe the effort has been there, and I'll continue to think we can make the 8 until its virtually mathematically possible, because the spirit and culture in this club soars above all others. They will come together and make a big run.
I guess we find out in 12 weeks time who is right.
NYEagle

I'll keep disagreeing with this kind of thinking.
As long as I am a Manly fan I will believe in this club. I choose to believe the effort has been there, and I'll continue to think we can make the 8 until its virtually mathematically possible, because the spirit and culture in this club soars above all others. They will come together and make a big run.
I guess we find out in 12 weeks time who is right.
NYEagle
Denial is the term you should be talking about. I wish it weren't so but I cannot see us avoiding the spoon. The coach that many on here want to keep will be the architect of the first spoon after 68 years of success.

The mere thought makes me physically ill.

Denial is the term you should be talking about. I wish it weren't so but I cannot see us avoiding the spoon. The coach that many on here want to keep will be the architect of the first spoon after 68 years of success.

People like you is why we'll get the spoon, negative energies

Totally agree. We really do need to avoid that spoon @Ralphie. Some posters seem to be in denial about our chances of picking up the first in the club's history. I will feel a lot better about things if we announce a new coach this week. Maybe two top signings to go with it.

We don't need a miracle ,we are only a couple points from the eight.
They need to step up & play footy with confidence & a bit of belief in themselves.
Somewhere along the line they have forgotten "WE ARE MANLY ".
To make the eight you have to be o 50 % win ratio. To do that we need 9 from twelve so we are not a couple of points out.

To make the eight you have to be o 50 % win ratio. To do that we need 9 from twelve so we are not a couple of points out.
Exactly, we need to win 4 MORE games then even the team in 8th spot just to squeeze in, assuming they only win 30% of their games we need to win about 8 of our remaining 12 games. Then go and look at some of the teams we have to play in the next 12 rounds....ZERO chance.

Totally agree. We really do need to avoid that spoon @Ralphie. Some posters seem to be in denial about our chances of picking up the first in the club's history. I will feel a lot better about things if we announce a new coach this week. Maybe two top signings to go with it.
So anew coach and 2 signings this week will help us avoid the spoon, how???

So anew coach and 2 signings this week will help us avoid the spoon, how???
Change and direction @Frogz. The DCE signing should be beginning of a new era at Manly. The next step is a new coach. That will shake up the whole team and everyone will know they are officially on notice. If the new coach takes over this week great, we will be entering matches with fresh strategies next week. If it's next year then the players will still want to perform knowing they face an uncertain future (Plus to win games for Toovey knowing they got him sacked).

New signings will give the club direction. Players will know the club is doing everything in it's power to put things right and efforts on the field will improve. Bringing in players to replace the great forwards we have lost will give everybody from the players to the fans hope that we can turn things around.

Finally as this is a new era for the club, I hope an announcement comes soon regarding a release of Stewart and Matai at the end of the year. They are part of the old regime and they are currently standing in the way of a new DCE led regime. It's time to cut out the dramas and this is the best way to do it. It will also give us motivation to send these two great clubman out winners.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8