More encouraged than discouraged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
COMMANDER said:
Well done the Roosters, they are a heck of a team.

Yep, I can live with that sentiment.

The only thing I would add is, in this NRL competition, how on earth did they put together a coach+entire squad so quickly & so closelyto a winning formula ?

They might not have the Manly "tight knit" but they seemingly have the drive & talent to go all the way.

Great effort by the team all round, not disappointed by that loss, well not completely disappointed.. But i do worry about our team backing up physically.. Cronulla just beat their opposition and worried that if we get to the gf qualifier that we won't have the legs for it. Whatever happens though the team were fantastic!! Can't be prouder of them :)

No need to be down, if Brett Stewart was on the park we would have won that game.

Just need to cut out errors, and yeah kicking for goal would have been smarter.

One thing about Hiku, the kid has first grade written all over him....hope we can hold onto him to cover Brett's occasional injuries...Guess that's why the club has been slow in renewing the wolfmans contract...we can't keep them all.
I'm glad I don't have to make decisions like that !

Magnificent effort, probably on par with the earlier AAMI draw this year:exclamation:

I hope that the Manly Boys are encouraged, rather than disheartened. They only need to calm down and play out their sets, as they are already making all the breaks and defending like demons :angel:

Hiku is a keeper, I love watching the emergence of a Manly Legend:angel:

Great atmosphere, exhausting cheering to that magnificent drum beat - bring on the Sharkies :)

Cronulla have a greater injury concern than Manly - can't see Carney/Fifi/Gal putting in 80 minutes next Friday.

Andrew.. said:
One thing about Hiku, the kid has first grade written all over him....hope we can hold onto him to cover Brett's occasional injuries...Guess that's why the club has been slow in renewing the wolfmans contract...we can't keep them all.

Occasional Injuries?????? That was a joke right?????

It was an awesome game and I am massively proud of the boys, but they had 57% of possession, won the penalties 12-5 and had 1768 running metres to their 1176 and we still didn't post a single point.

Season Over

Ralphie said:
Andrew.. said:

It was an awesome game and I am massively proud of the boys, but they had 57% of possession, won the penalties 12-5 and had 1768 running metres to their 1176 and we still didn't post a single point.

Season Over

for a Manly supporter thats disappointing stats , but i wouldnt say season over !!

have to consider though , if we do make the GF will there we anything left in the tank.

COMMANDER said:
Can't beat us four times in a single season!
I think they already did - a trial early this year.
Can't do it 5 times though, we'll get the only one that matters :D

Which year was it we lost to the Storm late in the season then went on to win??

It's got THAT feel to me!! :)

Ralphie said:
Andrew.. said:

Season Over
I made the comment about snake because I genuinely feel he's still the best fullback in the NRL...it seems his injuries are just going to have to be managed and was trying to come up with an alternative without too much loss of overall team performance.

In a pre-game interview, Tooves mentioned that Snake's *ok* but he'd rather rest him another week than perhaps go in a little underdone and risk him being gone for the rest of the season.

Even though we dominated the stats and didn't score, you have to remember that the Roosters' defence is the best in the comp.

Not only that, but they were deliberately giving away penalties every time they were struggling to get their line set. They were lucky to not have someone go to the bin for it, that's how frequent it was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6