Move Olakau'atu to Prop/Middle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saturday was the first time I've noticed him not wearing the thigh brace, I think he's been carrying a niggle since before first origin game and not having DCE for every origin and missing origin players for two games hasn't helped continuity this year.

Seibolds going okay I reckon it would have been madness and gotten noses out of joint to come in and make too many positional changes too early, hopefully with more outside the 30 to now include we see a bit more experimentation.

Yeah I thought he played well but apparently he's out of form, shows how much (little) I know.
interesting that he was positioned in attack a bit wider sometimes . did not have the best effect but could see the reasoning . Then Tippytoes at times in attack inside Parker , well maybe Parker needed a break for whatever reason .
Worth trying to break up the mix a bit but main problems in attack not related to this tactic .

I believe it is time to get the most out of Haumole by moving him into prop or at least into the middle's. He could be as good if not better than Tino Fa'asuamaleaui or Fonua-Blake in that position. He has an exceptional motor, he is big, tall, super strong, has great defence and ball skills some halves would die for, but he does not see enough of the ball being camped on one side of the field waiting for that miracle pass but mostly getting ball in heavy traffic and it is wasting the talent of this bloke. Once Paseka goes off we lose all momentum and power in the middle. It has been said on here recently that Croker could possibly make a good lock forward in the ilk of Rueben Cotter who also started out as a hooker, Croker has proven he can tackle like a demon but also being an ex halfback has the vision to play ball or run, Gordon Chan would be more than capable of playing in the 9 jersey and would offer a significant upgrade in attack and bringing the forwards onto the ball. The game is changing and smart coaches like Todd Payton are re-arranging players positions to suit their needs, we need to start evolving or we are going to be in the same position next year. We have plenty of capable edge back rowers to backfill Haumole's absence. Ben Turbo, Matterson, Fainu, Lawton, Bullimore, Condon even Fulton with the possibility of Schuster moving back into the position he played so well in a couple of years ago. But convince me a middle pack of Olakau'atu, Paseka, Trbojevic, Lodge, Sipley and Croker wouldn't be a massive upgrade on what we have now in Paseka, Aloiai, Woods, Bullimore, Jurbo and Sipley.
Posts like these are best communicated with a YART. If the YART looks good, it's good enough for me. Even a forward YART is acceptable.

Not sure we need to move him to the middle .. I think the same benefit may be achieved by getting him to come in and take a middle run occasionally ... both our 2nd rowers seem to play in a narrow edge corridor and never leave it ... a couple of times they could hit the ball up with pace on the 3rd or 4th tackle after a Paseka run ..

They just need to be brought into the attacking patterns more ..

Not sure we need to move him to the middle .. I think the same benefit may be achieved by getting him to come in and take a middle run occasionally ... both our 2nd rowers seem to play in a narrow edge corridor and never leave it ... a couple of times they could hit the ball up with pace on the 3rd or 4th tackle after a Paseka run ..

They just need to be brought into the attacking patterns more ..

Goes back to the coaching. Or lack of coaching.

Goes back to the coaching. Or lack of coaching.

It was the same under Dessie ... I just think that they all have their jobs .. the only reason I suggested it was because of the middle currently not having enough penetration ... Lodge and the return of the great man Keppie should solve it.

It was the same under Dessie ... I just think that they all have their jobs .. the only reason I suggested it was because of the middle currently not having enough penetration ... Lodge and the return of the great man Keppie should solve it.
I agree he should go to the middle position. Out wide he is stifling the attack. Koula is virtually an onlooker he gets so little good ball. Undoubtedly the PRESENT POSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE NOT WORKING!

I agree he should go to the middle position. Out wide he is stifling the attack. Koula is virtually an onlooker he gets so little good ball. Undoubtedly the PRESENT POSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE NOT WORKING!
He would have to change his style and approach for it to work. He will have to learn to run on to the ball. Otherwise he won't make it past the advantage line against good line speed and bigger bodies around him.

It's a no from me. We just need to lose the predictability in attack so they're not in his face when he catches the ball.

Ola's a beast, yes he'd make yards up the middle but hed only play 55 mins a game as he'd be gassed. He needs to be used as a decoy more to get Koula into some space. At the moment it just goes, DCE..wait for the short ball to Ola. Koula keeps sniffing at air...

Haumole could be the next Tino if he moved to the middle.
He is big enough
He is strong enough
He is powerful enough
He needs to learn to run off the back fence
He doesn't need to learn to pass to Koula playing in the middle

Why not. Our current props are not working.

Paseka, JC, Lodge, Fainu, Ola, Jake, DCE
JShu, Koula, Parker, Weekes, Saab, Garrick

Tuipulotu, Vaega, Keppie, Sipley 18th Matterson

I think we should get rid of JSchuster, he cannot lose weight and injuries prone and use the $$$$$ to keep Fainu brother, $400000 each sure they would love to stay at Manly. The whole families is here and if one stay both will. How can we get rid of the NSW Captain and Halfback both under 18th yrs old Latu is 16th or something. We already lost Fafita, imagine OLa and Sam together and Jake locking the scrum. In Ola-Sam-Burbo we have another Gartner-Kosef-Menzies geeeez those were the days

Paseka, JC, Lodge, Fainu, Ola, Jake, DCE
JShu, Koula, Parker, Weekes, Saab, Garrick

Tuipulotu, Vaega, Keppie, Sipley 18th Matterson

I think we should get rid of JSchuster, he cannot lose weight and injuries prone and use the $$$$$ to keep Fainu brother, $400000 each sure they would love to stay at Manly. The whole families is here and if one stay both will. How can we get rid of the NSW Captain and Halfback both under 18th yrs old Latu is 16th or something. We already lost Fafita, imagine OLa and Sam together and Jake locking the scrum. In Ola-Sam-Burbo we have another Gartner-Kosef-Menzies geeeez those were the days
We had our chance to dump the shoe. We just extended him. Buckley's chance now unless we pay freight

Jake plays his best footy at prop. Play HIM there ffs. LITERALLY, even blind Freddy sees that and accommodates ! Why can't Siebold?

Unfortunately though, just like our massive hole at 9, we have a clear and massive hole at 13, so yet again, we are forced to play stop gaps, with players forced to play out of position.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8