[moved] Does hiding the salary hide the hidden agendas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tonight Nutz ;)

BTW, guys I happen to know a lady who started as an office assistant. In 10 years she became the Asia Pacific Manager for Australia's largest serviced office company.

Main point 10 years.

There are lots of cases like that around the place however thats not the arguement in this case. Could have she been Asia Pacific Manager after 6 months? I bet the answer is No.

Tonight Nutz ;)

BTW, guys I happen to know a lady who started as an office assistant. In 10 years she became the Asia Pacific Manager for Australia's largest serviced office company.

She would have gone up the hierarchy, not gone assistant stright to APAC Manager in one go.

I'm wondering whether the census here is not so much a receptionists can't step up into another role and more that receptionists are mostly female. Couldn't have a woman doing a man's job could we???

I have no issue with females doing a mans job. I work in the construction industry (professionals) which is heavily dominated by males. We only have a few girls however they are guns and we want more.

"An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up"

What Ryan is trying to say is companies like to mold people to their way of business.

Work your way from reception through the business and by the end you will be the type of person they want working for them.

By the way, my Partner was the Personal Assistant to the CEO of an civil engineering company for quite a number of years. And yes, when Ian went on holidays she would step into his role because a lot of the time a PA's know whats going on more that the owners do.

Ryan I can sort of see what your saying. But somewhere in this thread the word CEO was mentioned and then your post popped up about PA/SEC being able to do their job was mentioned. I assumed it was in reference to the CEO role, which in 9 cases out of 10 they would not be able to perform at anywhere near 100% capacity. That was my point.

Appreciate that mate - Admittedly, I'm sure our CEO's PA is on about $250k+ :D

OK. My initial point was a receptionist could not step into the role of CEO and do the job adequetely..

Flip no disrepect to your partner but could she go to meetings and advise clients on how their building projects are going, where the risks lie, how they can correct these problems etc etc.

I have no doubt a receptionist could step into the role of office manager, junior accountant etc and do a decent job. However my only point was that a receptionist could not do the job of a CEO, ie go out and do what he/she does and not just hold the fort.

[quote author=clontaago]
Ryan I can sort of see what your saying. But somewhere in this thread the word CEO was mentioned and then your post popped up about PA/SEC being able to do their job was mentioned. I assumed it was in reference to the CEO role, which in 9 cases out of 10 they would not be able to perform at anywhere near 100% capacity. That was my point.

Appreciate that mate - Admittedly, I'm sure our CEO's PA is on about $250k+ :D
[/quote]

Too right, those assistants to high level CEOs get paid a fortune. Although they would be on call 24/7 surely.

Flip no disrepect to your partner but could she go to meetings and advise clients on how their building projects are going, where the risks lie, how they can correct these problems etc etc.

No but neither did he. He was the CEO. Not the builder or builders consultant. 9 times out of 10 he didn't even draw up plans.

You are right though, it's a massive step and nobody is going to be able to make the jump without problems. However I was more referring to gradual promotion through companies but was a little shocked to see Ryan shot down so quickly. Although that seems to be where this site is heading these days

Tonight Nutz ;)

You got no idea how much i hear that with a wink after it :dance: :dance:

:lol:

[quote author=Garts]

No but neither did he. He was the CEO. Not the builder or builders consultant. 9 times out of 10 he didn't even draw up plans.

You are right though, it's a massive step and nobody is going to be able to make the jump without problems. However I was more referring to gradual promotion through companies but was a little shocked to see Ryan shot down so quickly. Although that seems to be where this site is heading these days
[/quote]

Gradual promotion is not the issue we were discussing though, Ryan got shot down as he had a dig at myself and Cliffy is God for not knowing anything about the corporate world when he does not even know us or what we did for living. And the fact he was arguing a different point.

If Ryan, Dan, Byso or yourself etc posted the same thing they would have got the same response from myself.

[quote author=fLIP]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

Gradual promotion is not the issue we were discussing though, Ryan got shot down as he had a dig at myself and Cliffy is God for not knowing anything about the corporate world when he does not even know us or what we did for living. And the fact he was arguing a different point.

If Ryan, Dan, Byso or yourself etc posted the same thing they would have got the same response from myself.

[/quote]

I just went back and looked so I understand where your coming from now.

Ryan... :doh:

One thing I hate is basing an argument on an assumption.

I would be betting that an assistant/receptionist etc would not cover a lot of the CEO's jobs. The legalities alone if they were to stuff up would be astronomical. Sure they would be able to carry out instructions from the CEO but to create business strategy especially in a safety area in a public company would be a dangerous thing. Sure this is only a small part but its an inportant part when if things go wrong you find yourself behind bars or without a house (worst case scenario). I have plenty of technical reporting in my job that influences these descisions that need to be made and do not think for one second the PA would be involved when the National GM is on leave. It would sooner be myself and has been on a few smaller issues when the state GM and Ops manager was also on leave.

And this is just the manufacturing side, nothing to do with sales, marketting etc as i have very little to do with that.

and Dan - Nerds are Turds

Des and the coaching staff had a plan in place (FACT) and it didn't involve Monaghan. He then caused such a stir in the club until one of the club's head figures went completley against the grain and forced managment to sign him. Ruining what Des and everybody else had been trying so hard to achieve.

Combine all that with his inept role as halfback for so many seasons and having to put Ballin's shot on hold

So... if Des didn't think Monas was in his plans and having got Orford in the end...why does Des still pick him each week in front of ballin etc..therefore continuing to riun what des is striving to achieve, as you put it?? I don't think Des picks team on salary, nor would feel that Des feels he HAD to play Monas because of the amount they pay him. He would always put the best 17 on the park.

Sorry mate...it's a bit contradicting.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4