Name your manly immortals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1 Toovey
2 Lyon (Played in Wee Waa/England while waiting to come to us)
3 Lyons
4 Bozo (Coach,also our own immortal player)
5 Snake

Berkeley_Eagle said:
In no particular order
Geoff Toovey - pound for pound the toughest league player ever
Cliffy Lyons - 1 word Magical
Bob Fulton - someone shouldve cloned him
Graham Eadie- he was great to watch
Steve Menzies - not just loyal he could play

Honorable mentions
Terry Randall
Phil Blake
Mathew Ridge
Max Krillich

This was my top 5 but if I had to name honourable mentions the list would go on forever. There isn't a club in the ARL/NRL that has had so many genuine champions in the 4 1/2 decades I have been watching rugbby league. Manly just keeps bouncing back. Can't help but love em!:D

Craig Hancock

Owen Cunningham

John Jones

Michael Robertson

Matt Balin

No-one else will mention them but they were/are all rock solid club men in the times I can remember.

Menzies
Fulton
Toovey
Lyons
Eadie - maybe Snake if he doesn't leave for a couple more years.

mozgrame said:
DSM5
Matabele
Fro
Jatz Crackers
Sgt

You left out Dan.

Of the players I've seen first hand

Fulton
Eadie
Lyons
Menzies
Toovey

Others
Roberts
Innes
Ward
Randall
gibbs

Fulton
reilly
eadie
lyons
menzies
Although we have won 2 recent comps, I'm leaving the current players out, as there are more to come.

Cambo said:
Ok. No bs or sittiing on the fence name you 5 manly immortals

1 Wally oconnell - sat out a year to be a sea eagle
2 bob Fulton - the great man and super coach
3 Cliffy Lyons No explication needed
4 Steve menzies our greatest local product
5 Brett Stewart. The true prince of brookvale

Lmfao at 3.30 in the morning you come up with this hahahaha..
Ok , but this is normally reserved for when it`s the offseason here i go.

1.Bob Fulton
2. Rex Mossop
3.Graham Eadie
4.Cliff Lyons
5. Steve Menzies

g'day all,Tough subjectand how do you judge them, as what they did for the club,what they did in terms of the game,or a combination of both.Would anyone argue for instance that Arko did more for the club than anyone?Also if we limit it to players its hard to rate those you haven't seen as others have mentioned previously Roy Bull,the late great Rex etc,and some of the great clubmen who faithfully served the club for their entire careers.Anyway my 5 based on achievement and ability would be
1.Bob Fulton-self explanatory
2.Steve Menzies-self explanatory
3.Max Krilich- capt Aust,premiership capt,200+ games
4.Roy Bull-177 games over a decade when the club started and could
play apparently.
5.Terry Randall-200+ games,premierships winner,international and as
good a tackling technique as the games seen.
cheers mike

Menzies
Toovey
Lyons
Randall
Fulton

Plenty of guys just a rung down. Krillich, Jones, Eadie, Reilly, Bull, O'Connell. And a few boys still playing the game today have a chance to join this group of the upper echelon depending how they finish up in Watmough and Brett Stewart.

Mine are all Honorable Mentions:

John Gibbs
Russell Gartner
Paul Vautin
Tom Mooney
Dennis Ward
Phil Lowe
Terry Randall
Max Krilich
Les Hannigan
Frank Stanton
Ron Willey
Ken Arthurson
Ken Irvine
Terry Hill
Ray Branigain
John McDonald
Ian Martin
Cliff Lyons
Bill Hamilton
John O'Neil
Matthew Ridge
Phil Blake
Geoff Toovey

i could go on and on

the front line are obvious, but just to point out B Stewart already qualifies, there is no need to wait. Check his stats and compare to Eadie, Fulton.

Two or so Ian Martin mentions makes me happy :)

Two mentions of jughead jones is good; ditto one oj, craig hancock, freddy jones (gives the flick pass for fulton's first try in 73; crashes over for the crucial one in our first premiership (72), wins the commonwealth bank passing competition on rex's show on ch 7....)

fatty wartin: good player, great? well, maybe. immortal? nah.

so many great players in the special mentions by people, but the top 5s show a sensible consensus: fulton, menzies, cliffy lyons (these two made each other a compulsory choice) in most of them.
Mine too. I'm not including people I didn't see play, so my extra 2 would be eadie and mal reilly.

feel bad already that lyon, the stewarts aren't included, nor igor, lurch, tooves (yes the toughest bastard to play league and not be a psycho, perhaps not including igor), hasler (no matter what the present dramas are, as a player he was a manly great), alan thompson, max krilich, snoz, ray branigan.... etc etc

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2