Name your top5 MWSEagles of all time.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My God We had some Great players

Players that became the Bench mark of our Legendary clubs high premiership winning standards

The Incomparable Immortal would be the first on the elite list

But that top five should be changed to a top 50 as we had more than just 5 extraordinary Sea eagles

The Greatest Ever and most successful premiership winning Sea eagle
bob-fulton1.jpeg

The interesting thing to contemplate is would a team from the 70’s beat a team from the 2000’s???

I guess the answer is “ depends on which rules they’d play under!!

If it was split into , the early years rules for the first half I wonder how many of the modern team would survive the onslaught.

But if they did , they’d probably blow the 70’s team off the park in the second half due to the speed of the game.

Which is why , I think this is an impossible question.

The interesting thing to contemplate is would a team from the 70’s beat a team from the 2000’s???

I guess the answer is “ depends on which rules they’d play under!!
I believe Great God given Gifted Athletes would excel in any era

And off course there is No SAABstitute for speed in any era

Speed kills and SPEED has been Killing people for centuries feathered friend

Difficult to compare different eras - you can only play what's in front of you, against the benchmarks of the time. Similar facilities, training methods, diets, tactics, player demographics, etc.

Folks need to keep in mind that while Manly had previously won a premiership per decade from the 1980's to the 2010's, the Sea Eagles won four in the 1970's.

Players from that era should dominate 'best of' Manly lists - whether you saw them play in person or not. They well and truly got the job done. The era where Manly became feared - and therefore hated.

By all means have a couple from other eras, but I've no doubt that 3 out of the 5 should probably come from the 1970's. Probably Fulton, Eadie & Randall.

Wait, I read and answered this this as 'my top 5'. As in, my 5 favourite players.

But was the question intended as who do we think the 5 best players have been?

WOW didn't expect so many replied, love ya'll STRONGER TOGETHER MWSEagles. Not many of us around in members wise but trust me we're everywhere. Every games that we attended here in the ACT the stadium is covered in Maroon, just because we don't have the member numbers. We're the most die-hard of all supporters, sticking up for our beloved club through thick and thin.

EVERY HATE US BUT WE HATE THEM MORE

I couldn't name a top 5 it's too competitive and one I think you would have to consider here not for playing ability, though he could play is Arko, not only for what he did as a player, but what he did as an administrator of the club and the league. Legendary and would have to put him in the top 5

I couldn't name a top 5 it's too competitive and one I think you would have to consider here not for playing ability, though he could play is Arko, not only for what he did as a player, but what he did as an administrator of the club and the league. Legendary and would have to put him in the top 5
Our Legendary Godfather was the founder and the creator of our Premiership winning success

He was the founder of young premiership winning players players like Fulton and Eadie and the creator of a powerful club from his high administrative standards

I am in awe of the Great Manly Man every time I have met him
He is so great but also so humble and very lovable Man

We :h: our Godfather
1682054685291.jpeg

In order
Fulton
Stewart B
Eadie
Lyons
Menzies

Just missing out
Toovey
Randall
Krillich
There are so many to add to this list which probably is as close as it gets for me, but worthy of consideration as well are;
Bull
Irvine
Reilly
O’Connor
DCE

Top 3 for me

3. Snake - Just an unbelievable player, when he was playing you just felt we had this incredible strike weapon, could score tries from anywhere. I used to love seeing him get a break.....and opposition teams just couldn't catch him.
2. BK - this will be a little controversial given he only played 2 seasons. But the Golden Period to me doesn't happen without him being there in 05/06. I must admit around the Northern Eagles debacle I basically lost interest. But he just suddenly made us tough to beat. I cannot rate him highly enough.
1. Killer - (for me of course). He was the cream. We had BK come in and instil some hard headedness.....then Killer came in and provided the extra polish in the backline. How he still gets overlooked as one (actually the best) centres of the last 30 years is beyond me. He went through a period whether it was 5/8 in the 08 season or a centre in other seasons where he was close to the worlds best player. But because he turned his back on rep duty....never got the credit.

(BTW Fulton is obviously no.1, but I'm just talking about my favorites).

And special mention to Tooves...phcen legend!

There are so many to add to this list which probably is as close as it gets for me, but worthy of consideration as well are;
Bull
Irvine
Reilly
O’Connor
DCE
You can add Sexy Rexy Dual International Mossop on that list feathered friend

Top 3 for me

3. Snake - Just an unbelievable player, when he was playing you just felt we had this incredible strike weapon, could score tries from anywhere. I used to love seeing him get a break.....and opposition teams just couldn't catch him.
2. BK - this will be a little controversial given he only played 2 seasons. But the Golden Period to me doesn't happen without him being there in 05/06. I must admit around the Northern Eagles debacle I basically lost interest. But he just suddenly made us tough to beat. I cannot rate him highly enough.
1. Killer - (for me of course). He was the cream. We had BK come in and instil some hard headedness.....then Killer came in and provided the extra polish in the backline. How he still gets overlooked as one (actually the best) centres of the last 30 years is beyond me. He went through a period whether it was 5/8 in the 08 season or a centre in other seasons where he was close to the worlds best player. But because he turned his back on rep duty....never got the credit.

(BTW Fulton is obviously no.1, but I'm just talking about my favorites).

And special mention to Tooves...phcen legend!
Great write up on your personal Manly best .
And Pound for pound the diminutive dynamite stick Manlys Toovey was tougher than Souths Sattler

1. Fulton
2. Cliff Lyons
3. Eadie
4. Bull.
5. Krilich
6. Menzies
7. Reilly
8. Randall
8. Toovey
9. DCE
10. Watmough

Latest posts