Nateosaurus Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he has that senior head out their we need with the forwards. He's not flash but he never has been. He gets in there and tackles and takes the hard hit ups when no one else wants too. Maybe not at his prime anymore but still a solid player and can only see him improving as the season goes on.
Yep a plodder.. But you need plodders.. Not everyone is dynamic. Just needs to do his job a little better..

I thought Myles was good last night.

He bent the line and hit hard in defence.

Some people are very hard to please.

I ripped into Myles last week after the tigers game, so credit where it's due because I thought he was better last night with the ball in hand. Hit the line a bit harder and bent the defensive line. 38 tackles is a fair tally too, so he does his fair share of the hard stuff in defence. Mostly I'm just pleased that Barret made some good selection changes and they started to look like a team out there.

Myles is known as a tough defender. Was it 2013 the Titans beat us at their place early in the year and a couple of our players tweeted Myles was tough chopping away at the knees all game? He always attacks the legs and uses his weapon-head - really makes the ball carrier uncomfortable.

His carries will never make it to the highlight reel, and last week he stopped at the line and he was falling off tackles. Last night was far better, his defence was closer to the calibre I expected. 38 is a reasonable sum, but its the aggression and technique that he hits with that I think makes him a feared defender, and I suppose that's not quantifiable from a stats point of view. Carries were better as well, but agree play of the ball was slow. Looks a bit overweight for his build at the minute, he's not the biggest, but he's traditionally mobile. Hopefully he'll shed some pounds as the rounds pass and we'll see him get up to speed with all facets of his game.

No expert but I believe some of his best traits are

1 our own forwards respect and rely on him always being there and having their backs

When ever their is any rough stuff or push and shove he is at the front defending his team mates & everyone knows he won't ever take a backward step

2 ditto the above from the opposition perspective

3 If it gets down and dirty and a grind of continuous hard work he will just be there with sleeves rolled up

Our young players will learn from him as to how to play for the team and that hard work both on the field and off is required to be a winner

Go Manly

Myles will improve. Just used to being in a losing team with a losing culture in a loser's state.

Takes time for that kind of stain to wash out.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2