Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t get this obsession with turning forwards into ball players. At the same time we have killed off the offload, which is a much more potent skill set for the forwards, IMO.
It’s one way to get width in your attack. But if you haven’t earned the right to go wide to begin with, it’s pretty easy to defend against.

It’s one way to get width in your attack. But if you haven’t earned the right to go wide to begin with, it’s pretty easy to defend against.
Yeah, I get that width, and we’ve done it well at times this season. But as you say, it needs to be earned. When we just keep doing it without variation it is predictable. I just wish we could mix in some offloads to promote some second phase and momentum against a staggered line. I don’t know what happened to Jake’s offload as it used to be a weapon.

My thoughts as well, his runs seem to be getting less infective by the week.
better keep the other players away from him, last thing manly need is a team full of players with case of 'the browns'

Boat Poop GIF

Yeah, I get that width, and we’ve done it well at times this season. But as you say, it needs to be earned. When we just keep doing it without variation it is predictable. I just wish we could mix in some offloads to promote some second phase and momentum against a staggered line. I don’t know what happened to Jake’s offload as it used to be a weapon.
It’s a foolish tactic if the space is opening up through the middle, which is was yesterday. It’s also the reason Olakau’atu didn’t see good ball. He was always involved in a sweeping backline movement instead of DCE staying flat at the ad line and putting him in between defenders.

I’m liking Browns impact and intent to run hard, we are let down by slow players like Jake and Aloiai… Sipley bent the line a little but didn’t play enough minutes. I think Jake should go to prop Brown to lock, Bully onto the bench and Aloiai to Blacktown.

Ideally we need a player like Kobe Hetherington or even Kurtis Morrin (for anyone who watched the dogs this weekend) or Cam Mccines a player to come off the bench who is quick and agile who runs hard, not the plodders like we are bringing on ag the moment

I’m liking Browns impact and intent to run hard, we are let down by slow players like Jake and Aloiai… Sipley bent the line a little but didn’t play enough minutes. I think Jake should go to prop Brown to lock, Bully onto the bench and Aloiai to Blacktown.

Ideally we need a player like Kobe Hetherington or even Kurtis Morrin (for anyone who watched the dogs this weekend) or Cam Mccines a player to come off the bench who is quick and agile who runs hard, not the plodders like we are bringing on ag the moment

Yep great call. Morrin goes hard and plays well above his weight. Not aware of anyone like that in our squad.

Lolol….yeah ok send one of our better forwards in Aloiai to Blacktown! Not sure what games you’ve been watching! Sorry to say but he offers more than penalty magnet Jrbo at this time.

Lolol….yeah ok send one of our better forwards in Aloiai to Blacktown! Not sure what games you’ve been watching! Sorry to say but he offers more than penalty magnet Jrbo at this time.
He isn’t one of our better forwards in my opinion, he has done nothing.

Probably the best option right now bringing Brown on in the 13 role .
Adds quite a bit of energy and aggression and effective enough link role when required .
Just to keep an eye on Shu maybe continuing to play 13 at Blacktown .
Possibly to then serve a purpose coming on as a 13 in i st grade initially at least and depending if he can show something worthwhile at Blacktown . And an edge role maybe not as conducive for his current comeback situation and can actually again have a real presence as a 13 or future 13 .
Then what to do with Brown and should be still in the game day 17 and as a bench versatile forward
Not to suggest the notion of just trying to cater for Shu for the sake of it and not to detract from Brown 's present good contribution as a 13 sub for Jake .
just to somehow find the best mix going forward and the still ongoing hope that Shu can show or get close to his best again and not necessarily on an edge in i st grade

Aloiai has definitely been one of our better forwards this year.
Not too sure if he [ Alioai ] has totally regained full fitness and stamina level .
Must have been unduly fatigued in the closing stages against the Dragons to just drop that simple catch cold and the previous week against the Eels , that late and what seemed a pretty carless and lazy high shot .
just lucky that it did not connect in a harmful way . To his credit did start the season off well but again these past 2 games , just some reservations again

Not too sure if he [ Alioai ] has totally regained full fitness and stamina level .
Must have been unduly fatigued in the closing stages against the Dragons to just drop that simple catch cold and the previous week against the Eels , that late and what seemed a pretty carless and lazy high shot .
just lucky that it did not connect in a harmful way . To his credit did start the season off well but again these past 2 games , just some reservations again

Spot on. He was strong the first two weeks but struggled to make an impact the last 2. Although he was not alone.

Like I said…. What games have you been watching? He’s been aggressive, has made plenty of meters, hasn’t taken a backward step, has kept his mouth shut & played well.
Agree to disagree on this one mate, I'd happily be proven wrong over the next couple of weeks if Aloiai has an impact on the games... I think Lodge when fully fit plays 10 leaving Aloiai fighting for a bench spot dependent on form.

One thing that did seem noticeable about Shu on the weekend was what a big , natural build that he has these days .
Not to suggest any excess weight but again he is a big boy by any footy standards.
Most likely has some good natural strength as well and hopefully or most likely still some reasonable degree of mobility .
Could be a handful again in the general ruck area and as a middle perhaps these days , then his above average ball playing skills at his best again .
Anyway just get the impression again that he could be hard to contain if he used his full array of attacking ability and general fitness is up to scratch .

Paseka was also also unstoppable first 2 games!! Was quiet against Eels & Dragons also. Both gave it their all first 2 games & maybe just a little time to reload?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8