Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love this quote from The Roar game summary ā€œNathan Brown was cheered off in just his fifth game on the Northern Beaches after a performance of almost masochistic intensity, throwing himself into James Fisher-Harris, Isaah Yeo and Moses, returning the ball like he had a personal vendetta against potential kick off rule changes.ā€
It was ridiculously good.

I would just add that he can't do that on his own every week coz he won't survive. That performance needs to lead to all the big fellas taking their turn ....... and they have in the past but need to step it up each week. Coz I noticed that last run he did before he came off to our standing o, did not go so well for him and he limped off with a bit of knee injury. Hopefully not a big deal but a warning that he can only do that sort of thing so many times before it catches up with him.

I would just add that he can't do that on his own every week coz he won't survive. That performance needs to lead to all the big fellas taking their turn ....... and they have in the past but need to step it up each week. Coz I noticed that last run he did before he came off to our standing o, did not go so well for him and he limped off with a bit of knee injury. Hopefully not a big deal but a warning that he can only do that sort of thing so many times before it catches up with him.
Yep, and Martin Lang agrees with you too.

Next week Brownie needs to ball play and leave the straight hard runs to Jake.

We've talked so much about wanting mongrel and agression in our pack for the last few years after going through the likes of Taupau, Keppie and soft version of Nella. Now our pack is full of this mongrel we've been wanting and Nathan Brown is leading the way. What a signing he has been. Him and Sips won the game for us.

But my favourite moment from Brown in that game:

8-6, off the kickoff just rams it straight into JFH and Henry. Henry becomes concussed and has to hold down for dear life and Brown wins a penalty and screams at his face as Henry stumbles up. That is 80s-90s type of forwards violence, it was beautiful.

And he had a few moments similar to that where he ran from the back fence off the kickoff, won that first contact and also drew a penalty. Such a massive thing to do multiple times especially against Penrith's pack.

Everything I saw since he joined Manly is positive. I love his aggression and leadership and yesterday when the team faced adversity, he came on and shook up the Penny Panthers and inspired our pack to get stuck in.

If he stays injury free and maintains this sort of form, he will be close to the buy of the year! He has a massive point to prove after being ditched by Parra and the Chooks!

Would go far to say that was the best (or at least most memorable) performance Iā€™ve seen from a Manly middle forward in about 10 years. Not that his stats were over the top great or anything, but to have that kind of impact against the best pack in the league was huge. Completely swung the game in our favour.

Hated the guy at Parra, hated that we signed him, and now Iā€™m happily eating my words

Nathan Brown is exactly what our pack needed he's aggressive and goes hard and he's taking the likes of Toff go with him. When we get a fit lodge back in the 17 our pack is gonna be one of the best in the comp. I think Josh a probably misses out when that happens and he's been much improved this year.

Nathan Brown is exactly what our pack needed he's aggressive and goes hard and he's taking the likes of Toff go with him. When we get a fit lodge back in the 17 our pack is gonna be one of the best in the comp. I think Josh a probably misses out when that happens and he's been much improved this year.
When a fit and in form Aloiai doesn't make your 17, you have a formidable prop rotation

He was like a shot of adrenaline exactly when we needed it, so kudos to Siebold for bringing him on at that exact time as well .

Nathan Brown is a beast. This is as good as I've ever seen him, against possibly the best pack in the entire league.
The way he went after Fisher-Harris was bloody fantastic. Memories of Spud v Harrigon came flooding back. I felt like Iā€™d had a hit of adrenaline!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8