Needed to Win tough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Credit to everyone at Manly involved in that gutsy win.
Copped terrible calls throughout, yet showed heart and grit
Dominant in most of the game and if we played with that intensity every week, would have won at least 3 more games
Anyways get a weeks break and look to be hanging in there still
To lose tonight, in a similar fashion giving up the lead would have been a shocker and to win like this takes away a heap of the pain of those close losses

joeboy

Bencher
I agree somewhat, but we wouldn’t need to be a s gritty and gutsy if we didn’t make it so hard on ourselves.

We give the opposition and refs so many chances. To beat us every week,

It’s a horrible feeling never been confident of a win any week until after the siren.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I agree somewhat, but we wouldn’t need to be a s gritty and gutsy if we didn’t make it so hard on ourselves.

We give the opposition and refs so many chances. To beat us every week,

It’s a horrible feeling never been confident of a win any week until after the siren.
I think we do inspire hope to opposition even when we are winning most areas on the field....but what I mean about this thread is to win tight after all the heartache of those close losses, has erased some pain, but most importantly given the players belief we can win those tight contests, as for a while we had been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, tonight we made the big defensive plays to get the deserved tough win

I would say if we could get the final 8 and then Tommy comes back then it would be that X factor to go all the way. The team looks better balanced without Turbo only because they don’t rely on him. Get that mentality into the finals and then insert Turbo and it could be really good.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Credit to everyone at Manly involved in that gutsy win.
Copped terrible calls throughout, yet showed heart and grit
Dominant in most of the game and if we played with that intensity every week, would have won at least 3 more games
Anyways get a weeks break and look to be hanging in there still
To lose tonight, in a similar fashion giving up the lead would have been a shocker and to win like this takes away a heap of the pain of those close losses
How farrrkkking horrible was Klein at times tonight? Dreadful

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Personally, the Hughes try at the end could be a blessing in disguise. It may galvanise the side to hang on and win without momentum. Winding the clock down and winning by two scores may not have exorcised the demons entirely. Defending our line for three minutes with one score in it, could do just that!

The Who

Journey Man
How many times did they slow our play the ball down.... nothing from that nuffy. Missed 2 forward passes that finally led to a Melbourne try and the penalty on Brown from the kick off was ridiculous. Current refereeing is as poor now, as I've ever witnessed.
However, I do like the fact that penalties have been kept low in the past couple of matches.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
We've beaten the three top sides, Penrith, Easts and Melbourne, and been the better side against Brisbane. We have a great winning record against Cronulla, the current front runners.
It just shows that if we can get into the top eight we'll have plenty of scared opposition.
We’re a bipolar team

Last edited:

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
We've beaten the three top sides, Penrith, Easts and Melbourne, and been the better side against Brisbane. We have a great winning record against Cronulla, the current front runners.
It just shows that if we can get into the top eight we'll have plenty of scared opposition.
Yep and looking at the table now 3/5 losses have been to other top 8 sides. Parra loss early was to them with all their key players in. Do have the team to beat the best when we are on.

Of track but Is it just me or does our attack look better with Tom not there? Just seemed like last two weeks we have more space.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That resilience was built on from the Donkeys game, they fought hard in that game and brought the same attitude against the Storm.

The middle is where you take Melbourne on, this season they are not as strong in the middle, Welsh and Nelson are both below par with their form.

Tent and Alioia were very good, if Tent makes it into Origin he will build more on his game, the coaching staff have stuck solid starting him every game this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16