Nein Audience down 13% but Foxtel up 20%

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Made the mistake of watching channel 9 ( cause it's high definition etc and my fox isn't ) just cause it was Manly but was back on Fox before half time. I'm staying on FOX for all the games now.

Fittler seems genuine bloke but the Andrew Johns/Brad Fittler juvenile humor and giggling is so so so old now. Gus and Rabbits impersonation of the two old blokes in the gallery from the muppets is no better.

BUT most of all seeing 45 consecutive promo's for that stupid Daryl Somers hypnotist show was the absolute final straw, I had enough and its Fox all the way for me.

Nein are going to need a massive overhaul if they don't want to keep losing audience share.

If I was charge Id do a total rebuild, Warren is due for retirement this year so come out in 2017 with a complete new team.

Not much they can do about the advertisements though!!

If they dont punt Gould, Fittler and those two women, (Moylan and not sure of the other ones name) or they will have no one left.

The ladies on FOX, led by Lara Pitt, do great work, on 9 they are airheads trying to be intelligent.

Last edited:
If I was charge Id do a total rebuild, Warren is due for retirement this year so come out in 2017 with a complete new team.
They do have that Matt Thompson calling sometimes, who ironically used to be at Fox Sports. Perhaps he is being groomed/trialled somewhat. I remember him reading news on Fox Sports News when i worked there years ago. Unsure about him as a lead caller though...at least he doesnt engage in the dribble that the other 9 commentators do. I think they messed up when they sided with Hadley over Voss 2 years ago. Voss seemed the obvious replacement for Warren

Ray Hadley is the worst commentator ever. I just refuse to listen to that bloke, I'll go watch a game at the pub and pay for a beer, even if I wanted to stay at home rather then listen to that bloke, he knows nothing about footy, dribbles complete crap, and so biased to the Broncos it's painful. Personally I find Gould and Ray Warren similarly annoying, just not the same degree as Hadley. I prefer fox who talk about footy without the rubbish those at nine go on with.

Personally Matt Thompson is my favourite. Has the voice for league and dosent carry on. Voss and Sterlo not far behind. The Fox commentator next to Brandy goes real good as well.

Fox is just superior because the actually talk about league and not crap.

Ch 10 was in a deep financial hole at the time (still may be). Budget cuts. A lot of other departments got cuts too. Agree though

Gus and Rabbits impersonation of the two old blokes in the gallery from the muppets is no better.

xqUsnrT.jpg

I cant believe the figures.

If they admitting to a 13% drop we can safely assume its somewhere between 15% and 25%.
Yes I wondered how close to the truth those numbers actually were as well.

What would be interesting would be drilling down the numbers on actual nights. More specifically Fri night. How big has the ch9 drop on Fri night been and how has the rise for Foxtel on a Fri night been. Do those figures indicate what everyone constantly moans about re: sick of always having the donkeys on a Fri night

If they dont punt Gould, Fittler and those two women, (Moylan and not sure of the other ones name) or they will have no one left.

The ladies on FOX, led by Lara Pitt, do great work, on 9 they are airheads trying to be intelligent.

Yvonne Sampson, an out and out Queenslander who has the hots for anything that wears a Donkey jumper!!

Agree, Lara Pitt does a good job on Fox, not trying to be funny, just articulate.

But don't forget Fox has big Gordie, the " token Queenslander" , who is a total drop kick.

It's about the only part of Fox I don't like , I'm even getting used to Ben Ikin ( you know Darious's step brother in law), and heaven help me even Kent makes sense on occasions!!

Last edited:
Just curious @NYEagle, do you disagree about lady's in commentary or the monotone boringness?
Hi Rusty, no, I just disagreed because I think Yvonne Sampson is a really good interviewer. She's a sweetheart and does great interviews and the players are always smiling when she talks to them. She is a better interviewer than Erin, but Erin is getting better - she's a professional that one. I like her style too.
NYEagle

Hi Rusty, no, I just disagreed because I think Yvonne Sampson is a really good interviewer. She's a sweetheart and does great interviews and the players are always smiling when she talks to them. She is a better interviewer than Erin, but Erin is getting better - she's a professional that one. I like her style too.
NYEagle

Cool mate.
I do agree that Yvonne is a good interviewer. Just not sold on the host role.
Should be able to shine above the rest of the knuckleheads!

Call me old fashioned but it was better when all games were on Sunday arvo and the match of the day replay with the Moose came on at 6.30.
You are old fashioned!

That forty three minutes of football was despicable. That's all we got on the regional channels before sixty minutes.

Yeah, that 43 minutes that 9 put out on a Sunday night when they won the rights was complete and utter crap (and I think that it hasn't got much better since they stared showing most of the whole games) but I think that skull61 may have been referring to prior to when 9 got the rights and it's predecessor Ch10 and it's predecessor Ch7 had the rights.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7