• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths’ Joe Kelly takes top job at Manly
The Australian October 28, 2014 12:00AM
Brent Read Senior Sports Writer Sydney

SOUTH Sydney is under attack off the field as the club braces for the loss of chief financial officer Joe Kelly and faces a struggle to hold on to chief executive Shane Richardson.

Kelly, the group manager of finance at Premier League club Chelsea before joining the Rabbitohs, is expected to be unveiled today as chief executive of Manly, replacing departing general manager David Perry.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/souths-joe-kelly-takes-top-job-at-manly/story-fnca0von-1227104064843

From managing the cash at Chelski to Souths..? No different really. Just go to the owner and ask for more money and get it and pay everyone whatever they ask.

joeboy said:
Sounds like a good appointment.

Thanks for posting jimmy jazz. Good to see us getting all our ducks in a row before pre season!

Got any more inside info for us plebs?

No more info mate, also glad we are fixing up the boardroom.

bones said:
Noel Cleal recruited him.

I wonder if he will be as good as that guy the Bulldogs have as their CEO, Ray Leancastle.

Fck that's funny!

bones said:
Noel Cleal recruited him.

I wonder if he will be as good as that guy the Bulldogs have as their CEO, Ray Leancastle.

Hahaha that's classic. Well done Bones.

Crusher_Cleal said:
A former CFO - maybe he can ensure no further stupidity is committed around things like back-ended contracts??

The current CFO (Brad Davison) has done a lot of work in cleaning up that mess. My understanding is that Choc's is the last deal under the backending regime.

I know there's a lot said about those back ended contracts because we are feeling pain now over it. But we're they really that bad. When this year we still had 8 players from our 2008 premiership and 11 from our 2011 premiership. Premiers of recent time would kill for that sort of retention

globaleagle said:
wow.....a poster who actually posts info that is true!

I am not sure how to take this new development.

This change confuses and angers me - futurama

Well it confuses and infuriates me - Lrrr

Bomack44 said:
I know there's a lot said about those back ended contracts because we are feeling pain now over it. But we're they really that bad. When this year we still had 8 players from our 2008 premiership and 11 from our 2011 premiership. Premiers of recent time would kill for that sort of retention

I sad this in another thread, but the back ending tacting gave us the 2011 premiership and the 2013 GF. Without it, our team would have been dismantled earlier. I can can live with some pain now given the great ride we've had since 2007.

In saying that, sorry to see Perry go. His statement, I thought revealed a genuine affection for the club rather than it being just another stepping stone in his career. Managing business in an environment of warring factions is a nightmare and I thought he did a good job.

But now looking forward to seeing what the new guy can do.

Well if its true, the new guy sounds promising.

If we can get some harmony back at the club, and the New CEO works the wonders he did for Souffs than we should be in for a few more premierships.

So if Joe was the CFO of Souffs, and souffs don't have a salary cap, does that mean we dont have one anymore? ;)

If back-ending contracts was the only way we kept our team together, how did Easts retain the same 17 from 2013 to 2014?
Haven't we heard of brown paper bags?

It's good to see Manly moving on quickly after the Penn's took over. Hopefully Kelly does well in his new job.

I wonder who is next to get the chop.

The Australian
October 28, 2014 12:00AM

Brent Read
Senior Sports Writer
Sydney

SOUTH Sydney is under attack off the field as the club braces for the loss of chief financial officer Joe Kelly and faces a struggle to hold on to chief executive Shane Richardson.

Kelly, the group manager of finance at Premier League club Chelsea before joining the Rabbitohs, is expected to be unveiled today as chief executive of Manly, replacing departing general manager David Perry.

Of greater concern is the interest surrounding Richardson, who has presided over the club’s rise from basket-case to premiership winner. It is understood several clubs are circling the respected administrator in the wake of Souths’ grand final success, which followed the title won when he was in charge at Penrith.

His former club Cronulla is among those on the lookout for a new group chief executive, after recently making the decision to part ways with Steve Noyce.

The Rabbitohs, strengthened last week by the addition of James Packer as co-owner after the billionaire businessman bought Peter Holmes a Court’s 37.5 per cent share in the club, can ill-afford to lose Richardson given Kelly is on his way to Manly.

Kelly faces challenging times at the Sea Eagles, where one of his first duties will be to resolve the contract situation involving backrower Anthony Watmough.

The NSW and Australian forward will join Parramatta next season and Eels officials are optimistic the deal will be finalised in time for him to join the rest of the squad when they leave for an altitude training camp in the US next week.

Manly is expected to today confirm they have signed Willie Mason and Feleti Mateo as replacements for Watmough.

Kelly will also be charged with retaining halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans, both of whom are off contract at the end of next season.

His switch to Manly comes after Perry became the first victim of the change in ownership structure at Manly. His axing came as no surprise.

“We would like to thank David for his contribution to the Sea Eagles over the past four seasons,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said. “In his time as general manager he was instrumental in helping the club broaden our sponsorship base and significantly increase our membership. While the club has had its challenges off the field during his tenure, we appreciate David’s perseverance.”

The Who said:
If back-ending contracts was the only way we kept our team together, how did Easts retain the same 17 from 2013 to 2014?
Haven't we heard of brown paper bags?

Well personally, apart from the kids school lunch orders, I have no real need for brown paper bags. I'd rather cash.

I'll show myself out.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8