New coach suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What is Peter Sharp doing these days ? - he's a Manly old boy and gets the culture.@:D@:D

AE4616C1-5164-4B83-9EE1-E8975D8E7245.jpeg

I can only think of:

Geoff Toovey- but wont happen, he's 48
Ben Kennedy- not sure he can coach, but only 44
Cliffy Lyons- had a crack in reggies, but too old now at 56
Jamie Lyon- not sure if he wants to coach, retired at 36
Steve Menzies- still around the club, and only 44

He doesn't have Manly blood, but I'd take Kevin Walters as our coach in a heartbeat. Smart guy, great results at Origin. Only problem is, being smart, he probably wouldn't want the gig.
Origin isn’t about coaching,it’s about man management,especially with Smith and Cronk in the side.Look At Meninga,he’s the first person to put his hand up to say he’s not a good coach but at that level you don’t need to be a coach.You’ve got the best players in the game so they don’t need coaching all they need is management and get a good group of offsiders,eg.Hagan,to come up with a game plan to get through 3 games a year

I don't think Barrett is the problem...

The media has created the perception that any time a team is struggling, it must be down to the coach. They did this because it sells papers and it gets clicks.

The reality is there are 100s and 100s of variables that determine the success of a team...the obvious ones are things like luck with injuries but sometimes it can even be the most innocuous thing; like yesterday where one players head is not in the game and he drops the ball and the opposition get momentum. The opposition have their tails up and put on a bit of a score and it can affect the teams confidence levels for the next few weeks...if the team loses in those few ensuing weeks, bam, season over just like that.

Another example: I don't think Brad Arthur has forgotten how to coach and I don't think Moses and Norman have forgotten how to attack but we put 54 on them and shattered their confidence for the next month. It happens.

Another example: Shane Flanagan helped the Sharks to a wooden spoon and presided over their drug scandal before coming back and winning them a premiership.

Another example: Paul McGregor has the Dragons purring but their fans wanted his head on a stick at the end of last season. Imagine if they sacked him and went with a new coach for 2018...I doubt they would be 6 and 0.

Patience is the key here, the tide will turn.

I ag
I’m glad some of the people in this thread and forum aren’t running the club. What indication has there ever been that cliffy can coach? On the one hand Barrett gets slammed and criticized for not having enough experience and in the next breath there is the suggestion that cliffy should be the coach. Wtf?!?!

Wearing a manly jersey doesn’t mean you become a good coach straight after. Plenty of actual good coaches (Gus Gould) rate Baz. Additionally players rate baz and are willing to come and play for him despite all the drama (which is half the battle in recruitment). So why not just give them some time. We have a very young team and a club hamstrung with controversy and nrl hatred
i agree with 99% of what you say except the line that players want to come play for him.Who has come to the club to play for him that’s going to be worthwhile for an extended career?Brown?Korisau(this will upset many but I’m not sold on him being a long term success due to his style of play.look at Segeyaro)?

I dint thinknits coincidence the sides performance dropped off a cliff the moment Bozo left the club.......

Baz was made to look good when reality he had a steong season because he was jus a puppet dancing on Bozo’s string.

In terms of a replacement which is very much needed (will not be delivered unfortunately) is a no brainer........Paul Green is our man.

Would love to throw huge $$$ at Bellyache who to be considered the greatest coach of all time needs to show he can have success outside of Melbourne. But lets be honest he will probably sign a modest contract atbrhe roosters.

I was once a member of an u/23's team that got booed of Brookie at half-time.

That was 42 years ago and I can still remember walking up the race ....

Exactly .... like MacGregor, I will judge Baz in his 4th year .... that will be time enough for him to build the team he wants, his way .... I like what I see in Baz (given no one but Menzies is perfect) but by his 4th season, if it's not on ... it ain't on ...

Mate, unfortunately he will have to do that while still being restricted. Not the most easy environment for him to be thrust into here.

There are many passionate people on this thread. I am not only an online supporter I go to the games as well. I regularly read this forum and occasionally contribute. If I don't agree with someone I don't make negative comments about their views. Whilst i don't agree with the suggestion of sacking Barrett mid season I do believe that if we continue to play as we have over the last fortnight and finish near bottom of the table come end of year it would not be lunacy to suggest that TB will probably loose the gig.

Mate, unfortunately he will have to do that while still being restricted. Not the most easy environment for him to be thrust into here.

Fair call Ryan & @Woodsie , 2016 Barrett was thrust into his first year as coach with a team in tansition (aging superstars, etc)

2017 - did well and hamstrung with Snake and Skivvy on paid leave essentially.

2018/2019 - Salary Cap constraints from the NRL not allowing him to get the players he needs/wants.

All coaches have issues to deal with but Baz’s have been quite substantial since he took charge.

Would love to throw huge $$$ at Bellyache who to be considered the greatest coach of all time needs to show he can have success outside of Melbourne. But lets be honest he will probably sign a modest contract atbrhe roosters.

Hahah gold. I’ve often thought we could do worse than TRobinson if that does happen.

The loss of form has yet again corresponded with Taufua's injury.

We play so much better when we have the momentum in a set from his early runs.

Uate is out of form too which is really crippling us as well.

The rot stops when the players roll up their sleeves and do the tough stuff.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10