New fullback signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I dunno if it has been mentioned already, but the other day Zorba mentioned that Dessie was looking at a fullback who got punted by the knights but is still playing good footy as an emergancy signing on match payments for this year

For me that means its

Milton Thaiday
David Seage
Nathan Hinton

And to be honest i'd be happy to give any of the 3 a chance atm.

I really used to like Seage, i real fullbacks fullback, great positional play, tho 3 knee recos can stuff a guy

Certainly good to get a proven fullback. But very tough to get a substitute for one of the best in the world.

DSM5 link said:
One punted by the drug-nights?  What's that say about our 'reserve' grade guy?   

That he doesn't have the experience, and you know Des the only way to get experience is to buy it from somewhere else.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180232.msg220628#msg220628 date=1240826544]
One punted by the drug-nights?  What's that say about our 'reserve' grade guy?   

That he doesn't have the experience, and you know Des the only way to get experience is to buy it from somewhere else.
[/quote]

FFS, no you are just being plain stupid!
We are not that far away, a close loss on saturday night and a couple we should have won earlier in the season and we are well and truly in the top eight, stop carrying on like sky is falling!

CCE we have been beaten 4 times by teams that we beat easily last season.  We are now coming up to playing teams that are above us on the comp and will provide stiffer competition than the last six weeks.  We could be a long way from the next win mate.  That said, this thread is about a replacement fullback.  All MS and myself are saying is what is wrong with giving the Qld Cup guy a go rather than by some discard from the drugnights?   

DSM, I'm not disputing that point, I too think Robbo is not the answer at FB, BUT to say that Des only plays players with experience from other clubs is just plain coach bashing with no basis. Look at our current squad and see the players he has brought through and HOW they have performed once they got through.

I didn't hsee much of this bashing late last year, and it's the same formula now. IF or when we are out of finals contention, yes blood new talent, Until then trust the (coaching) team that have brought us back from oblivion.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
DSM, I'm not disputing that point, I too think Robbo is not the answer at FB, BUT to say that Des only plays players with experience from other clubs is just plain coach bashing with no basis. Look at our current squad and see the players he has brought through and HOW they have performed once they got through.

I didn't hsee much of this bashing late last year, and it's the same formula now. IF or when we are out of finals contention, yes blood new talent, Until then trust the (coaching) team that have brought us back from oblivion.

There wouldn't be as many as you think most came through the 2 years before Des was coach.

Wasn't thaiday a big up and comer a few years back, and some incident saw him out, if so I would give him a go
Seage would be a superb extra pick up too

I would like to see William Hopoate get a run in the NRL at some point but as he is only 16 years old it may not happen for a year or two.

eagle_predator link said:
I would like to see William Hopoate get a run in the NRL at some point but as he is only 16 years old it may not happen for a year or two.

I dont think he has even run in the Toyota cup yet mate, so def not ready to be brought up

Maybe look at Rugby

Mark Mclinden or Clinton Schifoski

I like that Rhyse Hanbury at the Tigers - he's playing first grade but not in the top 26 players. 

If I remember right Milton left the knights because he didn't get along with Brian Smith. David Seage was cut by the knights because the poor buggar kept getting injured.

The main thing i got from this (if true) is that Des has basically admitted that Robertson is not working and we have no better options aviailible, yes we can all say that Williams or Bani should be given a shot but Des knows MUCH better than we do. Also William Hopoate has had a run in Toyota Cup but that was last year add that too the fact hes injured and hasnt played this year means he has absolutly no hope of playing before Stewart gets back.

Polglase could be the one Zorba is refering to, so that makes it 4 possibilities

Anyone know how Seage has been going for Wynumm?

I'd love Thaiday. A bit of a midget but great with the ball. I thought he was playing for rugby with Easts or something.
I don't think Robbo is that bad at fullback but seems completely clueless about when to follow players through. And after seeing the replay today the team isn't going that badly, we just can't finish of tries.

Milton Thaiday is currently playing for the Hallidays Point Makos in the Group 3 competition

Ok maybe not then :) .

"Sneaking a drag of a mate’s smoke, he looked relaxed but lean by most people’s standards. Would he be fit enough? Hungry enough?

“At this level it shouldn’t be a problem at all,” he said.

“I’ve been told this comp isn’t as fast as some of the groups.

“It’s a tough style of play, but it’s slower.”"

http://forster.yourguide.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/thaiday-signs-on-dotted-line/1443388.aspx

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6