NEW HOOKER

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He will be fine. This littlejohn stuff is ridiculous he is a solid five eighth but hooker is a different position. Dummy half really isn't that hard a role to play. It requires a heap of energy an fitness and ability to read the play plus the monotonous muscle memory of passing in the right spot. Ballin is a great player but rarely electric out of dummy half. Maybe we will see a bit of spark around the ruck where those big cowboys forwards are slow. I am confident Hodges will do well. As previously stated he was a top signing not a journeyman looking for an opportunity. We will win by 12 Saturday with a try to hodges early in the second half.

I'm excited about Hodges playing but it's a big ask. Ballin is a gun who never really gets the wraps he deserves and will be very sorely missed.

Assuming the Horo part is just for very short periods to give Hodges a break given he's not going to be up for 80 mins at such a tough position like hooker first up etc. Wou dhave thought given our 2nd row injuries Mr Horo was very much required 100% in the 2nd row these days.

I'm really worried about our ability to go a strong 80 mins given without Matt Ballin and Jamie Buhrer cause with both of them you never have to burn any interchanges. Big ask going forward. But a surprise win this week and a semi against Penrith ( hopefully ) gives us a shot of moving forward. A loss and a date with Souths worries me a little.

Snake said:
Hodges was not a Cowboys discard, he was wrestled from their ranks with huge wraps all round! He is not some fringe player getting opportunity, he is major coup about to take his first steps towards a bright future as Manly's first choice hooker when Ballin retires. This was part of a very deliberate and astute succession plan by Manly that happened to come into effect earlier than hoped.

So true.

He was bought to replace Matt Ballin when he retires. You do not sign a rookie hooker you don't have wraps on to a 3 year deal for nothing.

The Roosters went alright with their third string hooker last night.

Hodges just needs to make a **** load of tackles and keep it simple in attack.

Has Toovey or anyone from the club actually said Hodges is playing or is this still just media speculation?

Stevo said:
Snake said:
Hodges was not a Cowboys discard, he was wrestled from their ranks with huge wraps all round! He is not some fringe player getting opportunity, he is major coup about to take his first steps towards a bright future as Manly's first choice hooker when Ballin retires. This was part of a very deliberate and astute succession plan by Manly that happened to come into effect earlier than hoped.

So true.

He was bought to replace Matt Ballin when he retires. You do not sign a rookie hooker you don't have wraps on to a 3 year deal for nothing.
Spot on Stevo and this is the moment Hodges has been waiting for . He wont let us down !!!

Personally, I think Tom symonds will be used in the position around the 55 minute mark through the second half for 15 or so minutes to give Hodges a rest.

Top End Eagle said:
He will be fine. This littlejohn stuff is ridiculous he is a solid five eighth but hooker is a different position. Dummy half really isn't that hard a role to play. It requires a heap of energy an fitness and ability to read the play plus the monotonous muscle memory of passing in the right spot. Ballin is a great player but rarely electric out of dummy half. Maybe we will see a bit of spark around the ruck where those big cowboys forwards are slow. I am confident Hodges will do well. As previously stated he was a top signing not a journeyman looking for an opportunity. We will win by 12 Saturday with a try to hodges early in the second half.

I hope you're right about Hodges.
Littlejohn is not ridiculous.
Toovey and Joey Johns have played both halves positions, including Hooker (even at rep level).
Hooker, Halfback, Five-Eight are all very similar roles.
Ballin just gives us the extra tackling-machine as part of his répertoire.

Ralphie said:
Has Toovey or anyone from the club actually said Hodges is playing or is this still just media speculation?

Daly was quoted as saying we need to help Hodges out iirc

That combined with the limited options narrows it down

Ralphie said:

Daly was quoted as saying something like we need to help Hodges out iirc

That combined with the limited options give us a god indication

Fluffy said:
Ralphie said:

@God - can you confirm Hodges will be starting ?

Those days of hookers playing half and vice versa are over. Littlejohn is a handy player and we showed this year that with he and DCE in the halves we could win games (not so much with Foran and Littlejohn). There is a big difference between Littlejohn's game and Hodges. Littlejohn won't be playing hooker or covering on the bench.

Fluffy said:
Ralphie said:

I think it's a bit early for us to determine whether he's a god or not. Even Cliffy took years to earn that status.

Friday late mail: Round 26
NRL.com
9:40am Fri 05th September, 2014

Cowboys v Sea Eagles

Cowboys: Likely to be 1-17.

Sea Eagles: Jayden Hodges will replace hooker Matt Ballin, who broke his leg last week. Richie Fa'aoso is also available for selection again after overcoming his neck injury.

Snake said:

Very true!!

There was a big story in the Bronco Mail when this happened, apparently the Cowboys were really pissed off that they lost him.

You can bet however that his decision to move was brought on by knowing that within a few years he could be the first pick each week for the number 1 team in the NRL.

Top End Eagle said:

Littlejohn's defence is not bad , but it was exposed against his old club the Bulldogs in round 17. There's zero chance of him sharing the hooking role.

Hodges will be fine. He looked the goods in his limited time last year. He is our future no 9.

Pride said:
Andrew Voss was tweeting he was hearing Horro would be playing at 9 this weekend

If this was to be true then let us all unstrap ourselves in and prepare for a slow up the middle game where all the outside backs fall to sleep awaiting the ball.

So im hoping its Hodges :)

Chip and Chase said:
Fluffy said:
Ralphie said:

@God - can you confirm Hodges will be starting ?

I cannot confirm or deny that, I'm not allowed to use my powers on football due to a deal I have with the TAB and Sportsbet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6