New NRL Ad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Well at least we know Jessica cant pass a footy!

But I don't mind it. I couldn't stand the bon jovi rubbish over the last couple of years.

We all agree tina's was 'simply the best' but nice editing and an Aussie singing the song isn't all bad imho.

And it's not often I type...imho!

As HH said, blow that whistle ref!

Edit: For Earnie.... it's Jessica Mauboy

@[Earnie the Eagle]

Thanks GE, I will ring my grandaughter and get her to bring me up to speed.

It could have been better, I just didn't like the song choice. It needed something more catchy like, I like to move it or I got the power, even Bom Bom would have been better.

Made me realise just how much I'm going top miss shoulder charges!

Dull & quite boring, from a female perspective not sure why that would appeal. To be honest if it is supposed to appeal to new/prospective nrl fans not sure the would even get it. At one point I thought it looked a bit like afl being played.

Boys just because you are getting on doesn't mean you have to give it a hall pass.

Anything good appeals to all.

When will the NRL realise all they have to do is buy the rights to "You shook me all night long" and play footage of big hits and you'd have a smash hit.

bones said:
In todays Telegraph:

'The NRL says its is prepared to roll the dice and keep stricken superstar Ben Barba in its million dollar advertising campaign - but purely on the advice of the Bulldogs.'

It's a pity they didn't afford Brett Stewart the same luxury on the advice of his club four years ago.
And i think the new ad is crap. They should have been using Tina Turners 'Simply The Best' every year since they first used it all those years ago and just changed the images each year.
well said bones,couldnt agree more on all accounts

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I like it because a couple of my friend's sons from Narraweena Hawks are in it :)

Don't like the song choice. Agree with Miss Kate, it was kind of boring.

Mals said:
I like it because a couple of my friend's sons from Narraweena Hawks are in it :)

Go the Hawks. My boys play for them.

Don't like it yet but being a lover of league it will grow on me same as all prior promos, except for the Thomas Kenneally one. The choice of Jessica is to be commended. As an up and coming entertainer she will draw plenty new supporters in. Throw in that she is an Aussie I hope they hold onto her and use her for years to come.

bones said:
And i think the new ad is crap. They should have been using Tina Turners 'Simply The Best' every year since they first used it all those years ago and just changed the images each year.

X2

I've never liked any of the ads, including Tina Turner. There's nothing good about 80's pop music.
But as others have said, they're not trying to sell to us so I guess I'm not overly qualified to make judgement.

Duff said:
I've never liked any of the ads, including Tina Turner. There's nothing good about 80's pop music.
But as others have said, they're not trying to sell to us so I guess I'm not overly qualified to make judgement.

you're a happy fellow ...:s

The composition is all wrong and the tune is not evocative at all.

They focus on the singer, whoever the hell they anoint each year, and not the Fans and the tackle/tries of RL :huh:

Looks like a Music Video for the girl and not the game :dodgy:

I love the ad and love Jessica Mauboy.

She is a great choice, a very talented Aussie.

Must admit I thought they might have used the Dropkick Murphys new song The Boys Are Back. Maybe Manly should use this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU35uZx8dbE

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4