New Zealand (2) v Australia (5) Three test series 2019-2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A little over 400 in first innings is enough to put you in a no lose situation 9 times out of 10.

Now with the Kiwis 2/2 we are in box seat. Pick up Williamson or Taylor and we are big favourites

Wow...now Hazlewood breaks down. That's going to leave us short without a 4th seamer option. Need another wicket tonight for sure otherwise these two can bat all day tomorrow if they get set against a depleted attack.

3 late wickets makes it a perfect session. Especially picking up Williamson.

I wonder if they'll declare tonight to try and have a crack under lights ?? You'd want at least 450 lead to be 100% sure of victory so I'm not sure we have the time to put the game beyond reach tonight. Plenty of time left, if they bat through today they'll be far enough ahead. Get a shot at them in the morning and new ball will be due around twilight anyway

Aussies 6 down. Smith and Head sucker punched, Paine got a good un.

Whoever on our end agreed to no warm up game should get a bullet

Didn’t see any of day 2, and I turned it off yesterday after that disgraceful decision on De Grandhomme, was like watching the NRL bunker. “No evidence to overturn”, what a joke, there was absolutely no evidence that anything other than his lid touched the ball

Kiwis well behind in this game obv. However, the last hour last night and first hour today will give the kiwis alot of confidence and self belief for the rest of the series.

So.. that's that then!

Nice to get the first one out of the way, though I agree with KE that in the future, all teams will want a warm up match with the pink ball before going into a test.

I think the other tests will be closer. Especially if Boult comes back and all other injuries have healed. The NZ team is a good'un and I'll think they'll want to show it in the next two tests.

Aust aren't slouches either so I'm looking forward to the next couple of games.

Good win by the Aussies - tough ask for the Kiwis, straight into day night test and missing one of their best bowlers.

Hoping Boxing Day and New Years test are closer contests. This Kiwi side is better than what they showed in Perth.

One of my old teammates has been called over to replace Ferguson. Won’t play but hell of an opportunity for him

Yep that’s the one, played 2 seasons with him about 5 years ago before he broke into the first class scene

If he had 10kmh extra he would be deadly with his height, hits a very clean ball too

wow, that is one very high release of the ball. He's as tall as a house!

BOXING DAY TEST!

Kiwi's win the toss and decide to bowl....

Oooooooooooooooooh risky. will it pay off for them?

Of course it will. NZ strike in the first over.

Burns bowled for a duck, Aust 1-1.

Understand bowling first trying to get any life out of an extremely slow, docile deck. Wagner is saving the series entertainment wise in his battles with Wade. CDG keeps finding the wickets

Very petulant little effort from Smith with the umpire as they headed off for lunch

Another 100 runs and that’s the series gone for the kiwis. Good ball to get rid of smith but I’m finding these leg side fields and short balls a little boring to be honest. Santner has been poo so far.

467. that's a pretty good first innings total.

Annnd as I type, NZ lose their first wicket for 23

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4