Newcastle v Ipswich Jets

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After watching both finals last week I thought Newcastle would have been too strong. Well done Ipswich Jets.
Great way for Matt Parcell to rule the line in this time in his career with MOM.

Amazing! Astonishing! I can't believe that with only a short association with the Eagles, we drummed enough knowledge, expertise and man management skills into Ben Walker, that he could turn into such an innovative and successful coach.

Jeez we're good! No need to thank Manly, Ben. It's what we do.

That game is enough to make you want to give up on the game

After seeing so many bull**** penalties for shoulder charges that are mere collisions and dangerous tackles that wouldn't hurt a fly, the clowns in pink have 10 looks at an incident, and a guy who put on a cowardly, dog shot of a King hit, stays on the park. Disgraceful

No fan of Mamo either, but he shouldn't be hit from the side by some goon while involved with someone else

Last edited:
That game is enough to make you want to give up on the game

After seeing so many bull**** penalties for shoulder charges that are mere collisions and dangerous tackles that wouldn't hurt a fly, the clowns in pink have 10 looks at an incident, and a guy who put on a cowardly, dog shot of a King hit, stays on the park. Disgraceful

No fan of Mamo either, but he should be hit from the side by some goon while involved with someone else
Don't give up on the state championship.

Newcastle were very annoying with their carry-on.

I hate to say it but the results are shouting it loud and clear. QLD rugby league is streets ahead of NSW at all levels. Who is running the NSWRL these days because it's embarrassing. Even to the point where last night was a record crowd for this stadium configuration and it was full of bloody Qldrs.

Can someone explain why certain NRL clubs can have different NSW Cups teams, and not have to field their own? Why can Easts use Wyong, Souths use Norths etc? Not only is this confusing it makes the NSW Cup an irrelevant competition as it is played at suburban grounds away from the first grade team.
I'm sure we'd all like to see our reserve grades play prior to first grade. There must be a better solution for the 13 non-Qld clubs.

The short kick off aiming for the sideline with a low kick i've mentioned before especially on wet grounds that are slippery no idea why it has not been attempted all that often nice to see some risk taking and innovation.

I do feel a rule on the height of kicking tees needs to be implemented though as the hang time that is being achieved especially with some of those Cowboys kick offs is taking away that first hit up element in some instances.

I actually feel place kicks for restarts should be removed all together so that there is less control over direction, distance and height making it a more unpredictable restart.

I loved the variety of the kick-offs. However, they did the same one each time so it is not really variation; it's just different to the norm. I think teams should mix up the kicks, some long, some short, some skidders aimed at the sideline.
Ditto for plays from the scrum. I'm still waiting for the kick from the scrumbase when the defensive fullback is packing down . . . easiest way to score a try yet never used. Instead, coaches would rather a mono-skilled forward take up the 5/8th position and die with the ball.

I hate to say it but the results are shouting it loud and clear. QLD rugby league is streets ahead of NSW at all levels. Who is running the NSWRL these days because it's embarrassing. Even to the point where last night was a record crowd for this stadium configuration and it was full of bloody Qldrs.

I think we're seeing the impact of the NSW clubs close association with NRL teams, and the 'hands-off' management of clubs like the Jets.

Whereas the NSW Cup teams are trying to coach players to work up to the NRL side, the Jets coaches have few concerns other than giving a couple of reserve Broncos a run on the weekend, so are free to do as they wish. Even within the Qld Cup comp you can see it with the Jets beating the more structured Blackhawks and Easts in the finals, who had a plethora of Cowboys/Broncos players on the field.

I get the sense that this is where Gus' comment comes from, with innovation being driven within the Qld competition, but stiffled within the NSW clubs.

I do feel a rule on the height of kicking tees needs to be implemented though as the hang time that is being achieved especially with some of those Cowboys kick offs is taking away that first hit up element in some instances.
If we're not seeking to copy the high-hang time of the Cowboys kickoffs, then where is our professionalism? Experiment with new kicking tees, ball positions, kick styles, whatever it takes.

Similarly the short kickoffs. This has been a Manly weakness for years, both in kicking and receiving. Where is the professionalism if we don't experiment and practice with this until perfected? eg. A player like Tom, properly used, is an ideal asset in attacking and defending short kick-offs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4