News: All bets are off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jeez mata sometimes you take people for idiots.

Free will mate, nobodys forced to drink smoke or gamble.

Flip link said:
Jeez mata sometimes you take people for idiots.

Free will mate, nobodys forced to drink smoke or gamble.

I still disagree with cigarette advertising despite the very valid point you make, Flip.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183868.msg271799#msg271799 date=1278329772]
Fantastic.  Why not just put Winfield on the front of the jumpers and be done with it.

Because betting agencies don't affect families as much as cigarettes do.
[/quote]

Sorry, should of used a smiley of some description after that.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I can understand where the NRL stands on this one

Telstra would be paying massive coin for naming rights of the competition, so naturally they wouldn't want to see a competitor in the same sponsorship market

Yeah could you imagine this Scenario.  Optus come on board with Manly.  Manly win the GF.  Headlines: "The Manly Warringah Optus Seaeagles win the Telstra Premiership"

Now that would be funny LOL :)

Matabele link said:
Fantastic.  Why not just put Winfield on the front of the jumpers and be done with it.

Deary, deary me....post us a list of sponsors that you will be happy with please and I'll see that the club gets it?

how about

Caltex Australia
BHP Billiton
Woolworths
National Australia Bank
Coles Group
Commonwealth Bank
ANZ Banking Group
Rio Tinto
Westpac
Caltex Australia
McDonalds

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
how about

Caltex Australia
BHP Billiton
Woolworths
National Australia Bank
Coles Group
Commonwealth Bank
ANZ Banking Group
Rio Tinto
Westpac
Caltex Australia
McDonalds

I already gave this team the opportunity to sign up Nab as the major sponsor. They actually met up with Pat Wilson at Narrabeen. Hence to say the "sales pitch" was a little off.

The next year, Nab signed on with The South Sydney Rabbits (in what was Mayers 1st year).

Hence to say, Grant was NOT a happy camper, and kept at my back forever with a hope to get one more opportunity when we moved on from Souths.

He even attempted to discuss us sponsoring the NYC team if we couldn't do the 1st grade team, as we moved with Souths.

I'll leave it at that.

Surely Josh Perry and George Rose have enough inside contacts to get McDonalds or KFC to sponsor us?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
how about

Caltex Australia
BHP Billiton
Woolworths
National Australia Bank
Coles Group
Commonwealth Bank
ANZ Banking Group
Rio Tinto
Westpac
Caltex Australia
McDonalds

I am actuall working on BHP and Rio Tinto as we speak.  They are major clients of my the Company I work for and have a few contacts.

Ryan link said:
I already gave this team the opportunity to sign up Nab as the major sponsor. They actually met up with Pat Wilson at Narrabeen. Hence to say the \"sales pitch\" was a little off.

The next year, Nab signed on with The South Sydney Rabbits (in what was Mayers 1st year).

Hence to say, Grant was NOT a happy camper, and kept at my back forever with a hope to get one more opportunity when we moved on from Souths.

He even attempted to discuss us sponsoring the NYC team if we couldn't do the 1st grade team, as we moved with Souths.

I'll leave it at that.

You keep spruiking this but never seem to reference that the NAB were looking to foreclose on debt by the Leagues Club...? (Who have been far and a way the largest sponsor of the club to date?)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crucial-vote-over-sale-for-manly-leagues-club-20091123-izxt.html

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183868.msg271845#msg271845 date=1278368347]
I already gave this team the opportunity to sign up Nab as the major sponsor. They actually met up with Pat Wilson at Narrabeen. Hence to say the \"sales pitch\" was a little off.

I'll leave it at that.

You keep spruiking this but never seem to reference that the NAB were looking to foreclose on debt by the Leagues Club...? (Who have been far and a way the largest sponsor of the club to date?)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crucial-vote-over-sale-for-manly-leagues-club-20091123-izxt.html
[/quote]

Ouch - spruiking?? Hahahahahaha.....

1. I am willing to discuss the fact that I organised people from Nab to visit Pat Wilson to potentially look at sponsoring us.
2. I am NOT willing to discuss anyone's financial affairs whatsoever in any arena, for OBVIOUS reasons.

I thought you were a business owner Vidmar, and would understand that???

Hopefully that CLEARLY answers your question.  

And DSM5....Black Knight thank you

lordsoth29id.jpg

Undoubtedly the leagues club has been our best sponsor over the years but the sad part is that they could have contributed double the amount if not for the many poor decsions made by the club over the past 25 years.

Vid, do you know if the club is offering the 100k brokerage this time around for finding a major sponsor?

Ryan link said:

1. I am willing to discuss the fact that I organised people from Nab to visit Pat Wilson to potentially look at sponsoring us.
2. I am NOT willing to discuss anyone's financial affairs whatsoever in any arena, for OBVIOUS reasons.

I thought you were a business owner Vidmar, and would understand that???

Yep, that's why I posted the link to something that was a matter of public record ie a quote from one of our private owners.

NAB looking at sponsoring the Sea Eagles whilst foreclosing on the Leagues Club would perhaps have been to much of a conflict of interest from my way of thinking so just surmising that this may have been a contributory factor in why they went to souths...

Tookey - see this taken from an email to Leagues Club members from Chairman Bob Reilly in October 2009

"Support for the Sea Eagles:

As you may be aware the Sea Eagles were privatised early in the 2004 season. The then League Club Chairman, Ken Arthurson committed $1 million a season to the Sea Eagles and the Junior League for 2003, 2004 and 2005 and this committment was more than met each year.

In late 2005 the Sea Eagles were again struggling financially and a second private party bought into the Sea Eagles. To encourage the new partner the League Club Chairman at this time, Paul Cummings extended the $1 million committment for a further 3 years, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Due to the League Club's poor trading in 2007 an agreement was reached with the Sea Eagles whereby the $3 million committment was met over 4 years and the final payment will be made in October 2009.

During the past 16 years, the League Club has proudly given direct financial support to the Sea Eagles of almost $30 million and another $1.8 million to the Junior League.

This was despite profits of approximately $25 million for the same period."

See here some positive news re the Leagues Club
http://manlyleagues.com.au/assets/2009%20annual%20report.pdf

and WAMF - not heard anything re a spotters fee, email me if you have something in mind or to discuss?

Ryan link said:

So why bring it up at all? You are quick to point out any shortcomings of the clubs administration but you are not willing to be upfront with all the facts. Vidmar makes a valid point. Sounds like a massive conflict of interest to me. Why would a potential sponsor give with one hand whilst threatening to take with the other?

NAB suck. Souths and the NAB are a much better fit. They deserve each other.

The most interesting part of this topic for me is that the posters having a go at Lowe on every topic for not doing anything on the sponsorship front have been very quiet in this topic when some news on the subject arrived

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6