[Resurrected] News: Are the Bears set to go West?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bears only claim to fame is all the LOLs provided in threads like this, some v funny comments

What makes me laugh about all of this is that the North Sydney Bears still actually exist, playing out of North Sydney Oval in the NSW Cup.

Hell, they still wear red and black!!

The way Florimo and his consortium(s) latch onto any possibility as well as the media giving them the light of day every time, you would think that the Bears no longer exist.....

I wondered how long it would take the Bears to throw a dart at a map and start with .... pick me, pick me ..

4 Minutes.

But be fair, there were no darts or maps involved. There was just no room for them in the phone box on Abbott St where Florimo called the high powered executive meeting to discuss this.

North Sydney oval wouldn’t meet the criteria, so they’d need to play those 4 games at brookvale or Gosford.

“Peter Vlandys says wherever he goes he says every third question from the punters is when are the Bears coming back.”

If this isn’t Buzz on the turps again the question must be asked - where the f*** is PVL going???

Apparently was a strong sentiment from prospective Perth based consortium bidders previously that they wanted to have more of a local identity aspect and not a partial or major entity from outside the state . Could have changed but can understand the preference for a more home town emphasis for their operation .

Perth may as well give up their dream of an NRL team now.
Whenever the bears are associated or mentioned as a merge or partner in expansion it fails.

would we lose ryan as a supporter?
Not a chance in hell !

What players like Gift, Snake, Albert's did for me through some very dark times, I'll never forget. The memories and lifelong mates like Mata and Dan I've met through the club.

The relationship I built with Grant Mayer. The current relationship I have with particularly Mark Arthurson, but the Arthurson's (and the stories I've been told no-one would know - or believe haha).

Etc etc etc. Too many good points to list.

The Bears were always a team to support. The Sea Eagles were far more. We were a community. I've always said a main point of difference between the two teams - winning.

Manly did that. Bears hoped to.

I'm very much maroon and white blood. It's ironed on and imprinted. Once you're in the Eagles nest, you're in no matter what happens.

Why you'd single me out is strange though - there are many current fans (even ones who regularly post) who were original Bears, then Northern Eagles, then Sea Eagles fans. It never felt like changing teams to me..(maybe you just wanted people to ridicule me or make fun - and you may get your wish).

But I take my journey and experience with pride. It's lead me to many, many memories, great friends, and amazing nights / times with the boys (Doug, Dan, Mata, Pepsi, Byso, Canteen Worker, ManlyBacker, Las Vegas, wheel, chuckwood - so many more).

My missus has my instruction to bury me with my Sea Eagles flag, my AVS jersey and a Dungeons and Dragons Magic Item Compendium.

So bag away mate..someone called me an ex Bears wanker here the other day. I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm very much maroon and white blood. It's ironed in and imprinted. Once you're in the Eagles nest, you're in no matter what happens.
My friend stopped supporting Manly because they changed Brookvale to Lottoland 😂

My friend stopped supporting Manly because they changed Brookvale to Lottoland 😂
Mate you think that's bad? Want to know what my Colorado Avalanche renamed Pepsi Center to?

Ball Arena !

Hahaha

Anyways, I've stopped posting here. Just thought it strange that a question was posed to the site about me? What did they want to achieve ? Like, what outcome ? And lastly, why me?

I'll go back into my cone if silence now. Cheers.

Go Manly !

Not a chance in hell !

What players like Gift, Snake, Albert's did for me through some very dark times, I'll never forget. The memories and lifelong mates like Mata and Dan I've met through the club.

The relationship I built with Grant Mayer. The current relationship I have with particularly Mark Arthurson, but the Arthurson's (and the stories I've been told no-one would know - or believe haha).

Etc etc etc. Too many good points to list.

The Bears were always a team to support. The Sea Eagles were far more. We were a community. I've always said a main point of difference between the two teams - winning.

Manly did that. Bears hoped to.

I'm very much maroon and white blood. It's ironed on and imprinted. Once you're in the Eagles nest, you're in no matter what happens.

Why you'd single me out is strange though - there are many current fans (even ones who regularly post) who were original Bears, then Northern Eagles, then Sea Eagles fans. It never felt like changing teams to me..(maybe you just wanted people to ridicule me or make fun - and you may get your wish).

But I take my journey and experience with pride. It's lead me to many, many memories, great friends, and amazing nights / times with the boys (Doug, Dan, Mata, Pepsi, Byso, Canteen Worker, ManlyBacker, Las Vegas, wheel, chuckwood - so many more).

My missus has my instruction to bury me with my Sea Eagles flag, my AVS jersey and a Dungeons and Dragons Magic Item Compendium.

So bag away mate..someone called me an ex Bears wanker here the other day. I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.

JFC - I wasn't bagging you, you're the only one I know who is a bears fan tis all.

relax, not everything has 500 layers of complex diverse meaning.

fmd

JFC - I wasn't bagging you, you're the only one I know who is a bears fan tis all.

relax, not everything has 500 layers of complex diverse meaning.

fmd
So what kind of responses were you expecting ? Like what did the question posed stand to achieve ? In your opinion of course?

EDIT: It's all good - just leave it

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8