News: Battle looms for Foran’s signature

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
I'm sorry but I don't think any of you understand.
I hear lots of analogies to the real world. i

These guys play the hardest meanest sport in the world, and we pay them f#$king peanuts!

Both UFC and Boxing are considered sports as are may other combat sports, calling the NRL the toughest sport in the world is factually incorrect. The peanut analogy is a bad analogy also they get payed massive dollars in comparison to those on the dole or minium wage and with proper property and business investments they have the ability to set themselves up for life at an early age.

missing_something link said:
I know this would be a hugely unpopular statement but I wouldn’t spend anytime developing a young half that there’s a fair chance won’t be there next year – no matter how good he is, I think your better investing your time / money / effort in someone you have for 3 years, so they should either resign him now or look at one of the other young guys that will resign long term.

I agree. We need to do what we can to sign him now (where that line is on how much $$ is too much, I'm not sure) but there's no point investing in a halves combo of foran and hodko if foran is going to go to the roosters next year..

Isn't Hodko keen to head back to Parra as well?

If DCE is up to a similar level to the other two, he might be the main prospect.

I notice keiran's father Greg on the news last night as spokesperson for Woolworths.  Hoping he can talk to his son and steer him away from the evil step father

Ryan by your reckoning we should have ****ed off Steve Menzies whe he was seriously considering an offer from Parramatta.

DSM5 link said:
Where and when has Foran said he wants to leave?  I haven't read it.  Did I miss something?
I notice that this question hasn't been answered yet.in fact,all I've heard him say is he is off contract next year,something we all know,anyway.Geez,give the kid a break.If Choc.ROML(I refuse to call him G...y) and Killer all don't sign in the next 5 minutes do we tell them to piss off now as well? ::)

larry tate II link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182312.msg249959#msg249959 date=1264486706]
Where and when has Foran said he wants to leave?  I haven't read it.  Did I miss something?
I notice that this question hasn't been answered yet.in fact,all I've heard him say is he is off contract next year,something we all know,anyway.Geez,give the kid a break.If Choc.ROML(I refuse to call him G...y) and Killer all don't sign in the next 5 minutes do we tell them to piss off now as well? ::)
[/quote]

In fairness, this is a young guy who has always had leaving the club associated with him for a few reasons. Family, friends, etc, etc. If he proves his loyalty then that's great.

It's just at this point of his career we don't want to be grooming him for another club to reap the benefits. You want a return on your  investments. If he got his 25-30 games up at Manly & then left, that would be a real kick in the guts for everyone. It's a tough situation.

And thats life in Rugby League Duff. To suggest we chop him just because he may be considering other options is joke.

clontaago link said:
And thats life in Rugby League Duff. To suggest we chop him just because he may be considering other options is joke.

I'm not suggesting we chop him at all. We do what we can to keep him but it's not a simple situation of blindly giving him everything on offer without some kind of effort being made to ensure it pays off.

I'm sure the coaching staff will at least be looking for a verbal commitment of some sort to show that he would rather be at Manly than with his brother & mate at the Roosters.

We don't know the internal politics but I'm sure the club knows what's going on. If there's a whisper that he's leaving, maybe it's time to pull back on the help he's given. The same goes for any young player.

There has been rumours and speculation for 12 months that Kieron would be at the Roosters in 2011. Some people even speculate the deal was done last year.

What concerns me is that he has never said publicly or otherwise that the rumours are untrue and he hasn't made a decision about his future.

Re: News: Battle looms for Foran’s signature

Did we or Belrose sign Liam for this year so he could be closer to his Bro or was that just bull****??

Stiffi link said:
Did we or Belrose sign Liam for this year so he could be closer to his Bro or was that just bullS**t??

He still at Newtown and Roosters and is in their 2010 sqauds. Rooster know Keiran wants to play with him.

Keiran will sign with Roosters and release Pearce to the Tigers..

Douggie - I guess on my behalf, at least something (he may have already done this) to suggest that he wants to commit to Manly would do.

He's a great player to be honest - I'd prefer him to stay.

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Stiffi link=topic=182312.msg250197#msg250197 date=1264663083]
Did we or Belrose sign Liam for this year so he could be closer to his Bro or was that just bullS**t??

He still at Newtown and Roosters and is in their 2010 sqauds. Rooster know Keiran wants to play with him.

Keiran will sign with Roosters and release Pearce to the Tigers..
[/quote]

I can't see that option personally, part of the attraction would be Pearce being his best mate, and also I see no reason why they would chuck Pearce out at the age he is

And if Foran has stated that he's going to the Rorters next year then we need to look around for another 5/8th now. 

Noone with any knowledge has said anything about Foran signing with the Roosters, least of all himself. Maybe his manager is trying to up his price (would be a good manager if he wasn't) and lots of it is speculation and joining the dots.

Des will pick the best 17 for Manly each week irrespective of where they will be next season, up until we are out of the running - here is hoping that doesn't happen until October!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2