News: Brett Stewart innocent – but what have we learnt?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p><span style="color: #464646; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 11px;">Throughout this week, the AFL grand final re-match, the NRL grand final and the chaos and drama of the Commonwealth Games have dominated the headlines. </span><span style="color: #464646; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; line-height: normal; font-size: 11px;">But there’s one story, more than any other, that we should all be talking about. Last night, we finally got the full story from Brett Stewart about the sexual assault trial that threatened to put him in prison.</span></p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5188-brett-stewart-innocent-but-what-have-we-learnt.html">Read the full article</a>

quote:
"But though found innocent, the name ‘Brett Stewart’ will forever be associated with the words ‘sexual assault’. And for a man of his talent, that’s a damn shame"

No, that absolutely won't be the case, because the word will spread from the club and us supporters, and all the people who know him and deal with him, and though it will take time, bit by bit his name will be restored and once again have only the most admirable of associations.

That is my belief.

I am hoping that with the help of us Manly supporters we can make that disappear, <welcome Jax - have a look around the site before posting. Statements that are defamatory must be deleted and unfortunately this is one. Enjoy your stay but be intelligent with what you put in an open forum. Cheers>  BRETT STEWART INNOCENT - pass the word around his name is not going to be mud forever.... GO MANLY 2011  ;D

I got passed a blog yesterday from the Brisbane Bronco's fan base, the good news is that most watched the Footy Show interview and almost every one was very sympathetic....as is always the case there's always one that says "he  just got off because he could afford a $300K Barrister"...but they were in the absolute minority. So I agree the more we can do (and say) the better off he will be.

Shane link said:
No, this has made alot of us silvertails waaay to bitter

Is it bitterness or just fair minded people voicing disgust at what is plainly a legal system that undeservedly worked against a person. 

If you think there is an excess of bitterness exactly what degree of bitterness would suit you ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8