News: Eels enter race to lure Hopoate from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wont believe anything that is said in the press about him being all but signed with Manly. I have heard so many players in previous years that were about to agree to terms with their club then signed elsewhere.

Matabele said:
I do however hope someone takes John Hopoate by the ear and hauls him over the coals for his "can't rule anything out" comment. For all the loyalty and rehabilitation the club has shown him over many years, he of all people should be publicly returning the favour by advocating his son stay at Manly. He owes the club an awful lot.

Matabele said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Off the ball, up to the head ? Are you serious ?

I'm still a hoppa fan, but he cleaned up Galloway big time, it was jumping straight into his head, it was flush. Galloway didn't just stay down for a penalty, he had blood coming from his scone lol

Agree with you KE. He cocked the elbow before h went in, the intent to maim was clear and he deserved every one of the 18 weeks he was given.

With "loyalty" like Matas shows, how could the Hoppas not be flushed with gratitude?

voicefromthehill said:
But maybe, just maybe footy isnt the number one priority for Will (other people have alluded to his faith!)

So they weren't try hard gang symbols he has been flashing in photos ? What I thought was Westside was obviously WWJD

voicefromthehill said:
But maybe, just maybe footy isnt the number one priority for Will (other people have alluded to his faith!)

Bingo!! My mail is he will sign with us but will not play with until he is 20 after his mission.

effnic said:
voicefromthehill said:

Bingo!! My mail is he will sign with us but will not play with until he is 20 after his mission.

Is that was Israel Folau is doing in Westen Sydney atm?

Cambo said:
go chase monkeys u zulu princess
Your fantasy world is getting increasingly disturbing.

effnic said:
voicefromthehill said:

I feel so sorry for these people, spending a year getting old to bugger off by irate householders.

effnic said:
voicefromthehill said:

I heard this rumour too. I suppose it would be better than not signing with us. Rather see him playing of course.

from Confidential
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/eagles-relying-on-brotherly-love/story-e6freye0-1226047628388

MANLY are hoping good old-fashioned brotherly love will keep boom fullback Will Hopoate at Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles have also made an offer to Hopoate's 16-year-old brother Jamil - a powerhouse lock who averages an unbelievable 200m a game in Manly's SG Ball under-18s team.

He's so good that Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal says he should now be playing Toyota Cup - but NRL rules do not allow kids under 17 to play in the competition. "Jamil plays like Paul Gallen," Cleal said. "He's very strong and very tenacious."

The Sea Eagles are hoping it will be more appealing for Will Hopoate to remain at Manly with his brother. They are said to be extremely close.

Will has emerged this year as the NRL's most exciting young player and has six clubs chasing his signature, including two that are offering what he wants more than anything else - the chance to wear the No 1 jersey at fullback.

Both the Dragons, who will lose Darius Boyd, and the Roosters, who have Anthony Minichiello approaching the end of his career, are dangling the fullback position in front of him. With Brett Stewart at Manly, the son of former bad boy John Hopoate realises his chances of playing in the No 1 jersey at Brookvale are limited, at least in the immediate future.

But if he stays, Manly will have what could be an NRL first with three sets of brothers at the one club - Will and Jamil Hopoate, Brett and Glenn Stewart and Kieran and Liam Foran.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
from Confidential
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/eagles-relying-on-brotherly-love/story-e6freye0-1226047628388

MANLY are hoping good old-fashioned brotherly love will keep boom fullback Will Hopoate at Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles have also made an offer to Hopoate's 16-year-old brother Jamil - a powerhouse lock who averages an unbelievable 200m a game in Manly's SG Ball under-18s team.

He's so good that Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal says he should now be playing Toyota Cup - but NRL rules do not allow kids under 17 to play in the competition. "Jamil plays like Paul Gallen," Cleal said. "He's very strong and very tenacious."

The Sea Eagles are hoping it will be more appealing for Will Hopoate to remain at Manly with his brother. They are said to be extremely close.

Will has emerged this year as the NRL's most exciting young player and has six clubs chasing his signature, including two that are offering what he wants more than anything else - the chance to wear the No 1 jersey at fullback.

Both the Dragons, who will lose Darius Boyd, and the Roosters, who have Anthony Minichiello approaching the end of his career, are dangling the fullback position in front of him. With Brett Stewart at Manly, the son of former bad boy John Hopoate realises his chances of playing in the No 1 jersey at Brookvale are limited, at least in the immediate future.

But if he stays, Manly will have what could be an NRL first with three sets of brothers at the one club - Will and Jamil Hopoate, Brett and Glenn Stewart and Kieran and Liam Foran.

How about the pic of Jamil. He looks like a unit already!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4