News: Finch not coming but Ox to re-sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually Ryan, Orford could clean up at the World's Dwarf Games if he's the sublime athlete you say he is.  They're held every four years and this year they're to be held in Belfast. , Gold, Gold Gold, for Australia as the Ox mounts the podium.     

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=180604.msg226080#msg226080 date=1244070737]
Dsm if you have the time, list all the 7's 1 to 16 and see where Ox  rates

Those ahead of Orford without a shadow of a doubt - Thurston, Prince, Cronk, and Marshall. (and Mullen if you class him as a halfback)

Those I'd probably swap for Orford given the chance - Wallace and Dureau. Also Luke Walsh probably, but would like to see a bit more of him before deciding for sure

Those in the same class as Orford - Kimmorely (much more consistent though), Jones and Hornby.

Those who I'd rather keep Orford over - Pearce, Robson, Sandow, Herbert (could develop though) and whatever dud Cronulla throw up.

[/quote]

Couldn't put Benji in the top echelon just yet, only played 12-15 games there and is yet to convince

DSM5 link said:
Actually Ryan, Orford could clean up at the World's Dwarf Games if he's the sublime athlete you say he is.  They're held every four years and this year they're to be held in Belfast. , Gold, Gold Gold, for Australia as the Ox mounts the podium.     
Ox "mounting" the podium could be an awkward moment.

Kiwi, I wouldn't play Benjii at half and wouldn't consider him as a half.  He's better wandering around in the centres creating havoc with his skips and feints. 

I think he has the potential to make a halfback DSM, have seen him play 2-3 quite good games there, but isn't there consistently yet

His game in the wet last week was abysmal, he didn't know what to do.

At this stage he doesn't have the ability to see 2-3 plays ahead like all the top liners do

Look guys - you know where I stand on Orford. I rate the man. I make no apologies for that. This club has been on the improve from the day he put pen to paper (yes, I know that's not all because of him).

Matabele link said:
Will Orford's extension contain KPIs?

Here are some ones I'd put in:

No more than 20% of kicks allowed to be put down the throat of opposing fullbacks/wingers.

More than 50% of kicks from own half to find grass.

More than 90% of kicks from own half must travel more than 40 metres.

More than 90% of kicks from within opposition 20-50 metre lines must go higher than 20 metres.

I'd replace all this with one - YOU DO NOT KICK THE FOOTBALL

Kiwi, I just think he'd be wasted putting the ball in and passing.  He's much better given some width.  And I've never seen much of a kicking game from him.  And I'd be careful of his shoulder defending in the middle with all those big forwards running over him.  Centre is his go.   

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, I just think he'd be wasted putting the ball in and passing.  He's much better given some width.  And I've never seen much of a kicking game from him.  And I'd be careful of his shoulder defending in the middle with all those big forwards running over him.  Centre is his go.   

Maybe fullback then?

Ox shows a lot of potential.

I know his line drop-outs are not uniformly admired. I realise some of his attacking kicks go out of play. And he certainly does not seem to get drunk often enough. Maybe a bit too serious or staid for team captain?

However I like the way he turns up every week even though he is usually carrying any injury, tackles blokes twice his size, and never leaves it to others, he always puts himself in the game.

He may not be the best in the world but he is definitely in the mix because of those qualities. And I think he can still improve (seriously!) for example in his consistency.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Ox shows a lot of potential.

I know his line drop-outs are not uniformly admired. I realise some of his attacking kicks go out of play. And he certainly does not seem to get drunk often enough. Maybe a bit too serious or staid for team captain?

However I like the way he turns up every week even though he is usually carrying any injury, tackles blokes twice his size, and never leaves it to others, he always puts himself in the game.

He may not be the best in the world but he is definitely in the mix because of those qualities. And I think he can still improve (seriously!) for example in his consistency.

For what we paid for him he should be able to kick the ball 100 metres o the full, score two tries and make 30 tackles every game. 

Based on his kicking game he receives about 10,000 per metre.

Anyway it looks like Ryan has put up the 120K as a 'massive personal fan' (Telegraph today) to have him stay, or maybe it was his mum..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7