News: Hamstrung Stewart training but not fit for Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has nearly become the million dollar sideline supporter, 2009 (400g), 2010 (400g) and still no go in 2011, 6 games in 2 years, that 's great money, around 130 thousand dollars a game!! wow!!

No wonder he loves our club, we stuck by him in all ways!

Jeez Dazza, never seen you post that before. Beside he had a contract, we could not turf him as we would still have had to pay him.

Darren said:
He has nearly become the million dollar sideline supporter, 2009 (400g), 2010 (400g) and still no go in 2011, 6 games in 2 years, that 's great money, around 130 thousand dollars a game!! wow!!

sorry darren you just lost me thats a c##t of a post.
Hang your head in shame you're a disgrace

hasnt the kid been through enough he doesnt need an alledged fan laying the boot in.

Seriously wake up to yourself buddy your like a dog with a bone

seriously worried that he won't come back, awesome player but seems to be a timebomb at present, worried that all this dough is tied up in someone who may never come back to what he was 3 years ago. Des said that he would come back better than before, fingers crossed.

I think the problem is we have forgotten how good he was. Not sure we will be reminded this seaon either. Seems a very long time since we saw him at full speed. I think we are all fed up with waiting and being promised every week the return of the prodical son. We'd all be happier if the club had said he'd be out for 6 weeks and we could have moved along but the constant he'll be right then no it's another week is pissing us all off.

Just imagine for once Jerry1, and all the others who hang their hats off Des's selection on Tuesday, that who's on the list just might not be the ones that run out on the weekend. He's been doing that for the last five seasons. Things could be worse, we could have had Carney taking the rest of the year off for no reason if I had had my way.

Darren said:

Gee what a way to kick a man when he's down!

He's a club legend that has been through some horrible horrible times. He has won us so many games over the years that he deserves the club's loyalty (and that of the fans). He's young enough to make a full comeback from this injury and be as effective as he was before the dramas began.

You will find nearly 99.9% of Manly supporters are happy he is still with us, irrespective of the amount of our cap he takes up. You should get off his back......

Instead of him sitting in the stand, imagine what a public relations exercise it would be if we got Brett and Wolfie to walk around for 30 minutes in nrl warm up and sign autographs/get in photos. Kids adore them and imagine kids thinking they could get up close to him. Why don't we do this? great marketing ploy at ground.

Darren said:
Instead of him sitting in the stand, imagine what a public relations exercise it would be if we got Brett and Wolfie to walk around for 30 minutes in nrl warm up and sign autographs/get in photos. Kids adore them and imagine kids thinking they could get up close to him. Why don't we do this? great marketing ploy at ground.

Hobble around, don't forget they both have leg injuries

okay, make a desk for them like they do with singers signing things in front of record stores. Gee, showed Brett running the other night, I'm sure he could do a lap of Brookie with minders around. I laugh as I have seen injured footy players show wonderful speed and reflex when the next horse race is about to jump and they sprint to the TAB terminal to get on. The value in our players doing something like this could be the start for many little ones to want to keep coming back as remember, they are junior members.

We go to basketball down here (Wollongong Hawks), all my 2 little girls talk about aren't the slam dunks etc but the 2 hawks mascots walking around and talking to them/hugging them etc and players at end of game high fiving everyone!! They love that!

We aren't doing well financially so we need to make sure the next generation come!! Surely Brett, who is our most highly paid contracted employee could do this without a problem. Would take half an hour tops!! Wonderful positive publicity and great for the fans!!

Blue tongue stdium rnd 3 against the rabbits, waiting around out the back for some autographs, all the injured players came out early and hid underneath the stairs then ran onto the bus, these were wolfman, t rex, matai, and co, very dissapointing. they didnt play in the game and lose in the last second, they sat on their bums, and then ran off onto the bus, not proffesional at all.

interesting Copa, I also find it bad that the club always asks for volunteers to help with mailing etc when we have loads of guys on money that these "volunteers" and I would only dream of. Get the contracted players helping!! I imagine they would have some free time during the week.
What, too demeaning for them? Some have never worked and that is the problem and why they run onto buses as they run their own show etc! Yes, they are training/playing most of the year. Well, so do most people!!

You take the average 1st grade contract of 200 grand and the tax of around 56 grand a year. That leaves nearly 150 grand, that's 3000 cash in the pocket every week, and that ain't superstar dough! They're doing okay!!

In regards to Brett on 400 grand, that's 6000 cash in his pocket every week, a lap around the oval for 30 minutes is a fair exchange for nearly 900 dollars a day!!

It is most dissapointing that they cant even hang around for a few autographs after a game, its not like they had played and were genuinely tired they were fine, dissapointing is an understatement, especially such high thought of players. When your earning 200-300k a year, going to training, doing weights, and usually get your afternoons to do waht you want you can only expect that they would spare their fans a little time. Ive met Glenn stewart 5 times, and he now recognises my face, he is a true man of the fans, they all arent like the minority.

Copa Eagle said:
It is most dissapointing that they cant even hang around for a few autographs after a game, its not like they had played and were genuinely tired they were fine, dissapointing is an understatement, especially such high thought of players. When your earning 200-300k a year, going to training, doing weights, and usually get your afternoons to do waht you want you can only expect that they would spare their fans a little time. Ive met Glenn stewart 5 times, and he now recognises my face, he is a true man of the fans, they all arent like the minority.

I will echo what you said about Glenn, Copa. Every time I've met him he has seemed like a top bloke, always very affable & outgoing with fans. If we had seventeen Gifties on the field we'd be the most popular team off the field (& probably leak an average of 2pts a game as well).

I remember being disapointed when I read your earlier posts about the non-active players leaving early after the Rabbits game. Lucky we have guys like Gift, Ballin, Rose & Snake who are always willing to spare some time for the fans.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6