News: Penn Sport to purchase Manly-Warringah League Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops link said:
I'm all for the nightclub  - and I think pole dancers too. It will be great for our club's image lol.

The club would be going down a slippery slope if they followed up on this suggestion.

deadlyeagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179691.msg213746#msg213746 date=1237365480]
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=179691.msg213725#msg213725 date=1237361539]
they would only relocate if they were extremely desperate and in that situation i would be all for it if it meant manly was still around long term.

I'm not talking about just relocation, I live in QLD what difference is it to me where their home ground is, I prefer them at Brookie obviously

I am talking about any and everything they want to do
[/quote]

Well you and me both have something in common that we both live in QLD.

But whatever there plans will be to turn this club into a profitable organization, they wont be looking to change the name or relocate because both owners love Manly. The fact of the matter is if you a worried about relocation as your not, as this looks highly unlikely after this recent purchase & as it was a scare tatic from Delmege.

If they sack a player or a coach,also highly unlikely, Manly will live on.

But the benefits from a sole ownership is quick decisive decision making without the argument or disagrement between parties.

Now some might argue what happens if they make the wrong decision well now this is where the board will come in and help with the decsion making. They might not change it but offer different perspectives.

There are so many business that fail due to improper action and disagreement between parties with 50% ownership. This can be applied directly to Manly especially in the case of the purchase of the Leagues club, Grant Myer job, Des Hasler contract, Sponsorship Saga and even the Monas Saga were due to disagreements between parties. Now if one party were involved these "events" would not have happened and there would have been quick responses yes or no which would save the long negative media fest that it leaves behind.

when these parties or factions disagree it creates ineffectiveness and inefficiencies for the business which otherwise would have not been created if one has main ownership.

What the worse they could do to destroy the club?.... that they love

Anyways that's just me and it seems i will agree to disagree on the issue.

[/quote]

You're kind of putting words in my mouth mate. I have never said I am worried about a move to the Central Coast, at this stage it wouldn't be on the Penn's agenda at all (apart from whilst the stadium is being rebuilt)

My concern is that as a majority shareholder, the checks and balances go out the window, because you have what basically amounts to a sole operator. Sure the 2 other board reps of the football club can vote, but what good is their vote if the sole majority owner has 4 votes?

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179691.msg213795#msg213795 date=1237375496]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=179691.msg213787#msg213787 date=1237373491]
Whoever owns the joint, FFS, do the dive up. I want to sit in a fresh, clean, yet nostalgic venue when visiting.

Dead set going down there at present is like stepping into Dr Who's tardis, and warping back to the early 80's R.S.L's.

Is there any wonder I put the full blame on that place for me getting my gear off when I'm drunk? The place is so boring, it's all I can do to entertain myself !

And jezuz - would it hurt to build a place that the female population would like to visit? The place looks like it was built by football players, for football players - and everyone else can ^%#$ off !

Hehehehe.
I'm done.
  What was your excuse for nuding up at Harbord Diggers and the SFS then?
[/quote]
The man chicken needs no excuse really, right rhino.

[/quote]

You think Steggals didn't advertise?

I'm the finer white meat - so why not put a display section in the front window?

Man chicken - $45.57 per k/g.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4