News: Recording puts new pressure on Sharks boss Tony Zappia

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Since when has what is legal affected the ethics of the media or public opinion?

Cronulla are likely to be looking for a new CEO fairly shortly, though the chances of this woman getting a cent are probably zilch. She may even be liable to a civil case against her, though I doubt there would be much benefit - only big companies with huge assets tend to get sued!

Canteen Worker link said:
Since when has what is legal affected the ethics of the media or public opinion?

Cronulla are likely to be looking for a new CEO fairly shortly, though the chances of this woman getting a cent are probably zilch. She may even be liable to a civil case against her, though I doubt there would be much benefit - only big companies with huge assets tend to get sued!

And Mayer may be looking for a new club. God I hope that he doesnt go to them, but if I were getting treated like he is I would want out.

ManlyBacker link said:
The other side is the claims today that a report, following an alleged internal investigation, is circulating clearing Zappia of any wrong-doing. That looks very shaky and we may hear a great deal more about the legality of this, especially as it has been sighted by a journalist.
This is what I was referring to yesterday:

FORMER Cronulla Sharks employee Jenny Hall is considering going to the NSW Police after claims that a signed independent workplace report was circulated to the Sharks board.

On the day that Hall, 25, met NRL chief executive David Gallop for more than an hour to discuss the circumstances before and after she was accidentally punched by Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia, she strongly denied that any signed report existed.

But Hall was concerned by claims that the Sharks board reportedly had a signed document in relation to her incident that she has never seen.

She said she had never been questioned by an investigator, nor had she signed any document in relation to the punch by Zappia or her sexual harassment claim until April this year.

"I have never signed any report or document at all in relation to this, certainly nothing from an independent workplace investigator or even from the Sharks," Hall said.

"If there is such a document with my signature on it then someone is in a lot of trouble. I have never even been questioned by an investigator - if there was one, he wasn't very good."

Hall said she wanted to obtain a copy of the report so she could take it to the police.

Journalist Josh Massoud who wrote of the report in yesterday's Daily Telegraph told the Herald he had seen the report in November and it had two signatures and two names on it - Zappia's and Hall's. Massoud said he believed the report he had seen was legitimate.

Massoud said the report he had seen was conducted by a private investigator and it cleared Zappia of any wrongdoing. In an article back in November, Massoud wrote " Zappia was throwing a playful punch" and he linked Hall with the drama unfolding regarding Greg Bird and his girlfriend Katie Milligan.

But sources close to the case claim there was no such independent report commissioned.

Gallop said: "We were not aware of any so called workplace report, the only report we are aware of is something the Sharks compiled internally, but we have never been given a copy of it."

Sharks media manager Rob Willis said according to the club's human resources department there was no independent workplace report, nor was there any private investigator hired to look at the issue.

The other thing is that I don't have a problem with the media going after the Sharks. The reason is because there is a misogynistic culture at the club, apparently led by their soon-to-be ex CEO Zappia. Hall claims that the allegations of handing out of sex toys and strippers in the change rooms are true. Her other allegations have been accepted by Gallop as factual. That type of culture is not at Manly, to my knowledge, and it is where all sporting organisations should be following our lead. As a club the Sharks need to clean out those with that sort of thinking and as always it starts from the top.

Isnt Zapia or someone else at the sharks on the NRL board too?

Zappia misses out on his big payday, unless the gummies have negotiated a figure as part of his resignation. In typical fashion the ancient bastions of the Sharks are still insisting that nothing improper has occurred. The club members should call for an EGM and get a giant broom in there.

From foxsports.com.au
Tony Zappia has resigned as chief executive of the Cronulla Sharks NRL club.

Zappia handed in his resignation ahead of a board meeting on Thursday night where his future was to be discussed after allegations surfaced from an incident involving a female employee last year. While the club has cleared Zappia of any unlawful conduct in the matter, he decided to step aside for the benefit of the club.

"Mr Tony Zappia has resigned from his position of CEO at the Cronulla Sharks, effective immediately," said a Sharks statement.

"Mr Zappia made this decision for the benefit of the Cronulla Sharks, its supporters and sponsors.

"The Sharks have accepted Mr Zappia's resignation. In doing so, they recognise and are appreciative of his dedication to and good work for the club during the past two years as its CEO.

"In relation to recent media reporting concerning Mr Zappia, the Sharks can confirm they investigated the incident involving Ms Hall independently and concluded that Mr Zappia had engaged in no unlawful conduct.

"Both Mr Zappia and the Sharks acknowledge the harm done to both parties by the media reporting of the Ms Hall incident, in particular the reporting of the taped conversation by Channel Seven.

ManlyBacker link said:
... Gallop said: \"We were not aware of any so called workplace report, the only report we are aware of is something the Sharks compiled internally, but we have never been given a copy of it.\" ...

Shows the extent of Gallop's interest in genuine investigation, rather than his highly public shows in front of TV cameras... Didn't even require a copy be supplied.

NRL boss won't close door on Zappia

National Rugby League chief executive David Gallop says controversial former Sharks boss Tony Zappia may be able to resurrect a career in the code.

Mr Gallop and Mr Zappia met for two hours at NRL headquarters in Sydney. Mr Gallop says an important first step has been taken, with Mr Zappia admitting he could have handled the incident better.

"I think that's an important part of all aspects of business - that people accept that mistakes can be made," he said. "Those who are prepared to put their hand up like he was today and say that he made a mistake, are a good chance of coming back."

Um, WHY ? Gallop has got to be kidding. I can't see where he made a mistake - he just had revealed his true colours. Apols to those bored with the subject but he was touted as coming to us and imo doesn't deserve any form of leadership role after this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7