News: Sea Eagles in Twenty20 match fundraiser for floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
I'll take it for $60k a year and a car

thanks to Twitter and Facebook

198 to win
Our dinosaur media manager wouldn't know what twitter or facebook is.

180140_10150147259280993_222674735992_8400147_1699174_n.jpg

231887338.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296192292[/time]

from twitter
@manlyseaeagles

Brent Kite has just taken a catch and Beau Ryan heads back to the pavilion! #manlycricket
231905203.jpg

James Cunningham and Dean Whare out collecting donations. #manlycricke

i love to live in any of those house across from the oval, be like heaven.... i bet not 1 of them are season ticket holders . could be wrong though..they were probably the ones complaining & thats why warringah didnt want us using brookie.  but thats a bit off the topic sorry BE ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296197615[/time]

our media manager wouldnt  get out of bed for 60K put a tender in BE  you might be suprised lol.. ;D

I'll take it for $60k a year and a car

thanks to Twitter and Facebook

198 to win

That's a lot less than they are paying the current one.  The job is yours BE.  When can you start?

Fairytale finish with @mattballin9 scoring the winning '4' for the match! Sea Eagles win with 196 runs with 2 balls left #manly cricket

just heard on the radio on the way home....Tigers blowing up big time.

Zorba changed the rules. some bloke from NSW 2nd 11 played and batted twice and he wouldn't let them retire at 50 as was agreed before the game

Great Stuff

As someone who doesn't really understand cricket can can someone confirm the final result for me and how it is decided as a win?

I believe I read on Twitter that Wests where 8/196 with one over left and Sea Eagles hit 196 with 2 balls left.

If they both hit the same amount of runs how come the Sea Eagles came out as winners? How is the inner decided?

Please don't flame me :p

Cheers!

Mybludog link said:
just heard on the radio on the way home....Tigers blowing up big time.

Zorba changed the rules. some bloke from NSW 2nd 11 played and batted twice and he wouldn't let them retire at 50 as was agreed before the game

Great Stuff

Haha, I love that. And you lot want to see the back of him?? It's worth it just for nuggets of gold like this!

Sea Eagles beat Tigers in charity Twenty20
PEOPLE
28 JAN 11 @ 05:06PM BY JASON AVEDISSIAN

A RING-in from Melbourne and unheralded prop Matthew Cross combined to steer the Sea Eagles to an exciting charity Twenty20 cricket match victory over the Wests Tigers at Manly Oval.

Over 2000 supporters gathered at Manly Oval on Friday evening to see the NRL clubs help raise money for the Queensland Premier’s Flood Appeal.

The match featured Andrew Johns and Hazem El Masri playing for the Sea Eagles, while Matthew Johns turned out for the Tigers.

Thousands of dollars were raised as the Sea Eagles chased down the Tigers healthy tally of 9-195 off 20 overs.

Sea Eagles front-rower Matthew Cross (63 off 44 balls) and leading Manly cricket batsman Tim Cruickshank (54 off 20 balls) combined to lead the hosts to victory with just three balls to spare.

Manly hooker Matt Ballin actually hit the winning runs, when he smacked Tigers super-star Benjij Marshall to the midwicket boundary with just three balls to spare.

But it was the efforts of Cruickshank, who had only arrived in Sydney from Melbourne 45 minutes before he walked to the crease, and an unlikely performance from Cross which got Manly home.

``It was good to win and great to do it for a great cause,’’ Cross, who played a bit of schoolboy cricket in Bateman’s Bay, said.

``It was good fun, I was getting a little tired though.’’

Marshall said the evening was a great occasion, and also proved the result mattered when he showed scant regard for his shoulders in diving head first near the fence in a bit to stop a Cross boundary.

``I was just trying to save some runs,’’ he said.

``I’ve been diving like that since I was 10, I thought I had it.’’

Matthew Johns, who scored only six with the bat and was belted for regular sixes by Cruickshank while bowling his very slow spinners, said he too loved the experience.

``It was a great initiative,’’ he said.

``Some of the boys in rugby league get a bad rap, but there’s been some really, really tremendous spirit shown by the code in support of the Queenslanders.’’

Earlier in the Tigers’ innings, centre Chris Lawrence top scored with an eye-catching 49 off 23 balls, with young Manly forward Jamie Buhrer picking up 2-31 off his four overs.

Let's just say the rules were a bit rubbery, as was the whole game. The commentator (Zorba?) said that batsmen had to retire at 50, but could later come back on and bat if needed. Chris Lawrence was about to retire but was LBW on 49 (to Buhrer I think). It was explained at the start of the over that he needed to retire at 50 but could bat again.

When Cross got to 50 the voice on the loudspeaker said to stay out there, as Manly were about 7-for and there were only about 4 or 5 overs left. Manly needed 20 off the last 2 overs. Cross missed the 1st 3 balls of the 19th over, so 20 off 9 balls required. Then he hit a six and a 4. Benji bowled the last over which included a couple of handy wides. Ballin pulled him for 4 to bring up the winning runs.

There was some confusion over the WT's score - it was revised down to 195, and rightly so, as the last 2 runs they scored were actually run-outs (Lyon + DCE who was wicket keeper both direct hits from close-ish range).

It was a good arvo - the kids got some signatures, and all the team were there I think (except maybe Watmough). Many players roamed the crowd with buckets collecting money.

There were $100 and $200 prizes to anyone in the crowd who caught a six. There were probably about a dozen sixes hit, and 2 guys took catches. One unfortunate chap was on his mobile and tried a last minute one hander, which he dropped! Hope the call was worth $200..  One bloke who caught one was drafted to field for manly. Kite took a very safe outfield catch. Relatively high standard of cricket was played by both teams.

Apparently the game was Cross's idea, so it was right that he didn't have to retire ;->

You'd think the major newspapers would at least have a small article about the match, but as far as I can see, nothing.

Shoe1 link said:
all the team were there I think (except maybe Watmough).

Choc was there, he made the news ....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/it039s-a-fresh-start-watmough/video-e6frf3ou-1225996448136?subcat=1225914677120&site=FoxSports

And some dickheads  ;) were loitering behind.

Another fox story. Well done boys!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/charity-cricket-match/video-e6frf3ou-1225996662259?sectionvertical=league

Thanks Shoe1, ive been training hard the last month or so.

The Tigers had NSW wicket keeper Dan Smith playing for them so the ring ins were in their favour.

It was a good day and the mood was great, players got out and amongst it and some good sixes to keep the crowd on their toes.

@jjai, are you serious? You want the tennants of the Manly Rugby Union club to become season ticket holders for the sea eagles or are you retarted and think that Brookie HIll has been flattened?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8