News: Stewart to plead not guilty to raping teen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very true - none of us know all the facts.
This story has had many twists and turns.
The press has had a field day regardless of what the so-called facts are. As long as they can have an un-named source they feel it's fair game and if a story gets repeated enough it somehow becomes true.
The crash tackle reporting has since seemed to have fallen by the way side, and it was during this, the so-called webcam footage was seized and the supposed overheard comment by Brett that he couldn't recall what happened....
The DNA reporting - I still feel there must be some truth to it, even with Bellew stating that he had not been informed of the results the press did not try to turn on it...
Guess we have to wait and see..
Hopefully Brett can get his head right and we can see some great footy.

Probably best not to surmise or discuss perceptions or speculate on a public forum guys and gals......Any feelings people may have in respect of an agenda by News Ltd and/or the NRL will not play any part in or have any influence on the court proceedings.

Both the prosecution and the defence are bound by strict codes of conduct and transparency on how they conduct the case and rest assured they will be both doing everything they can to represent their clients honestly and ethically - As mentioned above, very few people know the stated facts of the matter and/or the alleged circumstances that have resulted in charges being laid so it would be wise to avoid prejudicing the case by supposition or guesswork (no matter how well intentioned?).

From speaking to legal people I understand it is likely that the process may take as long as 12 months (duration until a verdict is delivered – not duration of the actual trial) so very early days yet people and understandably not going to be very nice at all for either of the parties involved.

A very, very sad situation for anyone to be in……

Agreed Vidmar, I ask everyone think twice about what they post on this topic before posting it

vidmar link said:
Probably best not to surmise or discuss perceptions or speculate on a public forum guys and gals......Any feelings people may have in respect of an agenda by News Ltd and/or the NRL will not play any part in or have any influence on the court proceedings.

Both the prosecution and the defence are bound by strict codes of conduct and transparency on how they conduct the case and rest assured they will be both doing everything they can to represent their clients honestly and ethically - As mentioned above, very few people know the stated facts of the matter and/or the alleged circumstances that have resulted in charges being laid so it would be wise to avoid prejudicing the case by supposition or guesswork (no matter how well intentioned?).

From speaking to legal people I understand it is likely that the process may take as long as 12 months (duration until a verdict is delivered – not duration of the actual trial) so very early days yet people and understandably not going to be very nice at all for either of the parties involved.

A very, very sad situation for anyone to be in……

Wise words Vidmar - thanks I'm shutting up! And yes what a sad situation for all

brookiegreg link said:
9 News on the net are also quoting this which you might find interesting:

He is charged with having sexual intercourse without the consent of the teenager between 7.45pm and 8.05pm on March 6 at North Manly.

He is also charged with assault with an act of indecency - namely that he \"forced his tongue into her mouth\".

What is the definition of "rape"?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=180032.msg218131#msg218131 date=1239076918]

He is charged with having sexual intercourse without the consent of the teenager between 7.45pm and 8.05pm on March 6 at North Manly.

He is also charged with assault with an act of indecency - namely that he \"forced his tongue into her mouth\".

[/quote]

forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

The laws now cover a range of different forms of
abuse of power used to force sexual acts. Rape is
defined as occurring when someone does not
agree to penetration (to any extent) of the vagina,
mouth or anus by a penis, or by another part of the
body such as a finger or tongue, or other object,
into the anus or vagina. (Vagina includes the
external genitalia and surgically constructed
vaginas). Failure to withdraw upon becoming
aware that a person might not be consenting is
also rape. In no case where rape is charged is it
necessary to have an emission of semen.

Edit: Sorry should have acknowledged the source

South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault is a service of Southern Health
This information remains the property of SECASA but may be photocopied or otherwise reproduced providing this copyright
notice is included. Last updated 1 May 2007

C & C why confuse the issue by posting definitions lifted from Victorian websites? We are in NSW, Brett is charged under NSW law...anyone can look up the nsw crimes act its available on-line.
And I agree with Vidmar (although the prosecutors don't have clients!)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=180032.msg218131#msg218131 date=1239076918]

[/quote]

These links may be helpful

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61h.html  - sexual intercourse

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61i.html - sexual assault

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61l.html - indecent assault

nsw rape crisis centre - http://www.nswrapecrisis.com.au/Information%20Sheets/Understanding-sexual-violence.htm

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
C & C why confuse the issue by posting definitions lifted from Victorian websites? We are in NSW....

Wasn't trying to "confuse" the issue, and am well aware of where I live. The definition is the same for all intents and purposes, it was just the easiest one to cut and paste.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180032.msg218220#msg218220 date=1239101347]
C & C why confuse the issue by posting definitions lifted from Victorian websites? We are in NSW....

Wasn't trying to "confuse" the issue, and am well aware of where I live. The definition is the same for all intents and purposes, it was just the easiest one to cut and paste.
[/quote]

Yes but the definition of what?
The offence of rape was abolished in nsw many years ago (for reasons largely to do with the stigma & preconceived assumptions the word evoked).

There has been a lot of seriously wrong misinformation published about all this (not by you), so I was simply intending to suggest anyone wanting to know what the charge really means just go direct to the source

For example check out the links provided by mwsn (previous page on this topic) - to find out exactly what it is about

(ps I don't know where you live! )

I would presume the surgeon constructing the surgically constructed vagina is temporarily exempt from these laws? 

Matabele link said:
I would presume the surgeon constructing the surgically constructed vagina is temporarily exempt from these laws? 
I'd say not exempt .... but would usually have consent (except in a strange novel I read that was set in thailand)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8