NEWS: Taupau relishing Rabbitohs forwards onslaught

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Sea Eagles pushing for three wins on the bounce
Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily
July 20, 2016 4:33pm

SEA Eagles enforcer Martin Taupau has vowed not to taper his trademark aggression ahead of Monday game against the Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium.

Speaking at the club’s Narrabeen training base on Wednesday, the Kiwi international revealed coming up against the Rabbitohs is always a game he looks forward to.

I reckon since that swinging arm suspension combined with longer minutes, it has taken away from his intimidation factor, though he still makes good yards & a decent physical presence - nowhere near what he potentially has - agree with many here that he is not deep enough winding up & trucking into those edges....THIS is what would scare opponents.

Sea Eagles pushing for three wins on the bounce
Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily
July 20, 2016 4:33pm

SEA Eagles enforcer Martin Taupau has vowed not to taper his trademark aggression ahead of Monday game against the Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium.

Speaking at the club’s Narrabeen training base on Wednesday, the Kiwi international revealed coming up against the Rabbitohs is always a game he looks forward to.

Didn't realise Tapau was playing for manly this season? !

He averages more metres than any of our other forwards (125m), and makes 10 metres per run. He isn't going that badly.

Not saying he is going bad pjayz, and like him better at prop. But am responding to the tag "trademark aggression".

Apart from when he got the ****s and picked a bloke up and dropped him, I can't remember one good front on hit he has made all year. Nil intimidation factor.

My neighbors 10yo daughter fires up more when I turn the hose on her cat.

ditti to woodsie,big scary strong but,lussick hits with more aggro,i still like martys game overall,hope he gives it to sam burntout.

Not saying he is going bad pjayz, and like him better at prop. But am responding to the tag "trademark aggression".

Apart from when he got the ****s and picked a bloke up and dropped him, I can't remember one good front on hit he has made all year. Nil intimidation factor.

My neighbors 10yo daughter fires up more when I turn the hose on her cat.
Yes, point taken. He could be a little more aggressive when running the ball or putting on some big 'legal' hits; however, he is still getting us up the field quite well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8