News: Top four still a hope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=181408.msg237517#msg237517 date=1250731969]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181408.msg237516#msg237516 date=1250729953]
I hope we get a home final. I found out yesterday I will be in Sydney for like 3 weeks in September and the start of October for work.....

I intend on getting to as many footy games as I can

Sgt was right about you
[/quote]

Volley - excuse my ignorance but what does the former Warringah Shire Council candiate think about Dan?
[/quote]

the candidate who got 5 votes

They basically went like this

ER: We have a sandpit
Us: can we play in your sandpit
ER: No you are norths supporters and not true supporters
US: meh our snadpit is better without mediocrity
ER: Norths supporters, you should all be banned
US: ok...and then we slaughtered some babies and goats in a ritual to the devil

the end

Aah the old "Bears Den"....I must say I don't miss the Northern Eagle days....I was on OEE back then and man oh man there were some wars over there.

I used to stay out of it I must say as "who cares who has the biggest sand pit"

Fro link said:
thats the good thing about opinions clon, we all have them, unfortunately yours is wrong on this occasion :)

Don't hate me because I'm better than you. And young.

I hear he's got plenty of relo's in the area, however the only people who voted for him were Sideline Eye, AJ, Dj Spoof by proxy and Vidmar

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Aah the old \"Bears Den\"....I must say I don't miss the Northern Eagle days....I was on OEE back then and man oh man there were some wars over there.

I used to stay out of it I must say as \"who cares who has the biggest sand pit\"

This was after NE days.

We were mainly OEE posters until Oracle came along and made it impossible to post, so we started this site up here, and apparently summoned the end of the earth by doing so

Aah the old \"Bears Den\"....I must say I don't miss the Northern Eagle days....I was on OEE back then and man oh man there were some wars over there.

I used to stay out of it I must say as \"who cares who has the biggest sand pit\"

The funny part about Ryan was the only Bears supporter.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=181408.msg237548#msg237548 date=1250743394]

This was after NE days.

We were mainly OEE posters until Oracle came along and made it impossible to post, so we started this site up here, and apparently summoned the end of the earth by doing so
[/quote]

Reyam reminds me a bit of the orrifice actually.

Mark would remember OEE, he was mark from Moree then

You may remember me from OEE as Mark from Moree....I was a country lad in those days now a city boy BUT never a Queenslander!!

Sorry Wheel I posted mine just as you were doing yours.

Oh yes I remember Ryan...it's funny how today I think he's sensible, back then he was just a pain in the bum (no offence Ryan).

Yes the OEE days were  certainly "special and memorable"

I think you signed up here under that name too.

I was Zaphod back then and at the start of this site

Yes I may have Dan and then never really got into it like everyone else.

Oh well I'll plod along on my 500 posts and be the Newbie!!

I remember Mark from Moree

Einstein's formula for the finals was, I believe:

F = MR[sup]2[/sup]/C

Top Four = number of Matches left X [top speed of George Rose] squared, divided by the speed of light

Manly Top Four = 3 games x 53 kph (disputed and squared) / 299792 kph
{as measured and viewed from Brookvale Oval}

= approximately half a Planck unit dick's width

MB I go even further back than OEE

A guy by the name of Brian (Bryan) Gaensler (who went on to become a young Australian of the Year) had a website forum...mid 90's to late 90's I think. I forget the name of it but I was a regular on there.

he closed that down and went to the USA for work, I actually met him once on the plane travelling Moree to Sydney, wearing a Manly Cap of all things.

Then Aaron started OEE

MB I go even further back than OEE

A guy by the name of Brian (Bryan) Gaensler (who went on to become a young Australian of the Year) had a website forum...mid 90's to late 90's I think. I forget the name of it but I was a regular on there.

he closed that down and went to the USA for work, I actually met him once on the plane travelling Moree to Sydney, wearing a Manly Cap of all things.

Then Aaron started OEE

Mark,

Bryan never actually closed down the website.  He just froze it (his words) at the end of the 1998 season. It is still a great read.

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~bmg/manly.html

Here are a couple of of pages with some of your comments at the time:

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~bmg/manly/comments.html
http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~bmg/manly/comments_9.html

Thanks Jethro, ah those were the days.

Gee it was all pretty basic in those days wasn't it.

1998, brings back some memories after attending the 1997 Final, and very much the start of the "Dark Days"

All good fun!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8