No 1 position we need to fill for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What is the #1 position we need to fill for 2024

• A killer Prop

Votes: 41 40.2%
  • Top class Hooker

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • 2nd Rower

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Halves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centre

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Winger

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fullback

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Lock

Votes: 16 15.7%

• Total voters

XV-1

First Grader
What position do we need to fill or strengthen in 2024 to be competitive and have a chance of winning the comp.

Personally I feel we need a big powerful prop in the mould of Flegler/AFB. This will compliment Jake, Tent ,Sipley and Lodge if he plays again.

Yes, a world class hooker would be excellent as well, however I feel a Killer Prop is our weak kink.

With this and no injuries to our spine, I feel we have a great chance to make the top 4.

Last edited:
A fast energetic lock forward like Cam Murray style would ice the cake
I think Gordie will be in the 17 from R1 in 2024 and do a job....Paseka, Lodge and Jake with Bulemore, Sip and the young Tiger bull are enough up front.....a "fit" Shu left edge and Oka right is solid and with Tom back and addition of Brooksy, I see lock the standout position to add the finishing touches....love Jake but need more mobility exactly here

Assuming Lodge and Chan Kum Tong commit and shine as hoped, still need a couple of edge players - 2nd row and centre. We are very short in quality depth.

Previously I would have certainly said prop and hooker, but we seem to be strengthening in these positions with our current roster. Our edges are our weakness atm (barring Ola'akautu and Koula)

A fast energetic lock forward like Cam Murray style would ice the cake
I think Gordie will be in the 17 from R1 in 2024 and do a job....Paseka, Lodge and Jake with Bulemore, Sip and the young Tiger bull are enough up front.....a "fit" Shu left edge and Oka right is solid and with Tom back and addition of Brooksy, I see lock the standout position to add the finishing touches....love Jake but need more mobility exactly here
We have enough worker type forwards, just need the AFB type ones that can make solid metres in the post contact department.

I mean in an ideal world we get Harry Grant

But perhaps being more realistic an above average lock would allow Jake to prop - this would strengthen both positions.

Interesting, a killer Prop or Top Class Hooker well out in front.

I wonder if we will get either?

I reckon Rueben Cotter would be ideal for us. He's an energiser bunny, can play prop, second row or lock. Never stops tackling, running and trying. If our pack had such a defensive juggernaut, along with Jurbo, we'd be able to hold any opposition forwards and then use our backs to attack. Our 2024 backs, on paper, are top shelf but our forwards are still missing an element of defensive steel, aggression and versatility.
Liam Martin and Cameron Murray are other similar style players who would be ideal to make us a try premiership threat.

I reckon Rueben Cotter would be ideal for us. He's an energiser bunny, can play prop, second row or lock. Never stops tackling, running and trying. If our pack had such a defensive juggernaut, along with Jurbo, we'd be able to hold any opposition forwards and then use our backs to attack. Our 2024 backs, on paper, are top shelf but our forwards are still missing an element of defensive steel, aggression and versatility.
Liam Martin and Cameron Murray are other similar style players who would be ideal to make us a try premiership threat.
All sounds good, but, why do we always talk about the big time players that are all locked up on long term deals and wouldn't make the move to us anyway....just being honest.

Only way we can get this sort of player is to unearth our own from our juniors. We can't afford to get this sort of player especially now that we have signed Brooks.

The only closest player of that calibre that is off contract, would be Bayley Sironen

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8