No excuses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
We played tough, but were not good enough. We were totally disorganised in attack. We had more than our share of luck. The Berries have the ability of scoring long distance tries.
It will be tough fighting back, but we'll do it.
One winger came of age tonight. The other will certainly not be missed.

We were beaten by a better team......period.

Neither team will win another game this season.

Ralphie said:
We were beaten by a better team......period.

Neither team will win another game this season.

That's ridiculous. No other match this weekend will be as tough. These two teams are the best in the comp so one of them will win the GF.

Ryan said:
I thought Whare in defense was woeful, and Buhrer - man, terrible game.

Played their worst games in Manly colours, although Buhrer was out of position and did try hard.

Tafaua was brilliant though. That's a positive.

Kudos to the dogs defence. They are very well drilled and scramble nicely. Whare looked a little lost a couple of times. I feel sorry for Buhrer when he has to plug holes, it takes away his impact in the role he should have played.

mozgrame said:
Kudos to the dogs defence. They are very well drilled and scramble nicely. Whare looked a little lost a couple of times. I feel sorry for Buhrer when he has to plug holes, it takes away his impact in the role he should have played.

I am struggling to think if anyone can beat the dogs, they just know how to win this year,

I don't think there was a penalty all night for being inside the 10-metres.
The Berries were up quick, but got away with it.
It was certainly officiated differently to a regular round match. But I thought the refs were OK. In fact, we have more luck.

We were woeful tonight. Once Lyon went off we were done. If Ennis stayed off we would have won. Whare was shocking and Snake looked injured.

I would have put Foran into Lyons position Glenn Stewart into 5/8 and buhrer into second row.

Tough hard physical game but the 2nd half was telling. Killa was definitely missed especially defensively. Also the attack was just lackluster and very unstructured. The Dogs however just took their chances when they arose which was the key in a arm wrestle game. 16-10 scoreline proves there's very little between these teams and it's who's better on the day. I'll give it to the Dogs they were the better team TONIGHT. However they dont win the competition with tonight's victory. Manly didnt play their best so they know they will have to lift in the next weeks to defend their crown. I'm still confident they can and this new Finals system garuntees another life. Up to the boys to make it count now!!!

Our ball security was **** house. We had them in the final 10 minutes and couldn't have the passes stick. Terrible start to the second half didn't set the tone either.

Best thing about tonight......

The NRL invite us back to play again next week. A week is a long time in footy. Go Manly!

Congrats on the eagles for a good game , but the mighty dogs were the real deal .

I predicted we would win by 7 but will take the week off .

Not your best game tonight , but you guys are the best team in the comp so it was an honour .

Origin style refereeing = slow ruck, which meant the dogs had plenty of time to set their defence.
We went sideways too often and couldn't get any momentum. Then we tried silly plays that only work against a defenseive line on the back foot.....

I suppose one positive is they played poorly and still only lost by 6. I'm struggling to think of a game where B.Stewart has made that many errors. A bit of a mixed bag from him, but without him we might have lost by much more.

If Whare and to a some extent Taufua had better positional sense, we might have scored first and won from there. From that point, no head high by Matai and possibly Jimbo remains uninjured.

But if we lose Matai and Lyon doesn't make it back by next week, it would take a 1978-like effort to win from here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8