[Resurrected] No longer can Brookvale be called The Fortress

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm starting to worry that steps like naming the place "Lottoland" are part of a cynical ploy to move the team away from Brookie.

In which case our appalling recent record there is actually helping their cause.
Should be called HOUSE OF CARDS

I'm starting to worry that steps like naming the place "Lottoland" are part of a cynical ploy to move the team away from Brookie.

In which case our appalling recent record there is actually helping their cause.

How does the fact that the owners are being paid good coin for the name change fit into this cynical ploy theory of yours?

Barrett has to go NOW , clearly with this record he has no idea of the culture at this fine club and has told several people apparently that he has no need to learn the teams victory song for obvious reasons!!!! No excuses now as this is his third season and as anyone can see we are stuffed with a capital F.
Critics can't understand why he hasn't selected Steve Matai once this season and don't get me started on Brett Stewart. Barrett was a great footballer but as a coach it's only that myth Bonzo Fulton who rates him.
Why doesn't this club understand anything? We have no hope of ever winning anything ever again. Hasler needs to get a good hair cut and pretend he was born on the Northern beaches to ever have a chance . How many coaches born at Penrith have ever coached Manly to title? Both of you get out now ! Allowing Jamie Lyone to retire , are you kidding? And what about Cliffy Lyones , hasn't been selected for more than a year. I saw him the other day and he is devastated at his treatment.
Note - Every attempt has been made to be accurate here but don't hold me to it

What I find truly alarming is that you made more sense in that post than many of the world is ending adherents make in a week

It's a challenge to make a post that silly Woodsie that it exceeds the Monty Python posts which aren't even trying to be silly

You may just be the man for the task. But be warned, the baggers are relentless and have years of experience. Sarcasm is wasted and logic ridiculed if it interferes with a good butthurt whinge

One of the best recently was the poster that spent the 1st paragraph stating that we only had 3 good players, the rest rejects and reserve graders ..... then spent the 2nd paragraph abusing Barrett for not winning the comp with them ... and the amazing thing is they get real shirty when you don't take them seriously.

You may just be the man for the task. But be warned, the baggers are relentless and have years of experience. Sarcasm is wasted and logic ridiculed if it interferes with a good butthurt whinge

One of the best recently was the poster that spent the 1st paragraph stating that we only had 3 good players, the rest rejects and reserve graders ..... then spent the 2nd paragraph abusing Barrett for not winning the comp with them ... and the amazing thing is they get real shirty when you don't take them seriously.
I don't think it was me?...but I came pretty close last night.:eek: I don't blame Barrett though. The talent just isn't there on a consistent basis. I truly believe Barrett and Cartwright are ripping their hair out looking for the answer.

The talent just isn't there on a consistent basis. I truly believe Barrett and Cartwright are ripping their hair out looking for the answer.
I'm sure the second part is right but not the first. We have plenty of talent. We were duped in the first half by an extremely slick Storm attack. For example in their first try we started with only 2 players beyond the posts on our left. Everyone had been sucked to our right, Tom was still on the right, it was a disaster which Storm easily exploited.
It is a matter of practicing formations and we obviously need more practice.

The trouble is that many now are declaring that they do know the end just like they did back then. Is this what you would call a far worse squad ? Hicks ,Kennedy, King, Kite , Matai, Menzies, Orford, Rose, B plus G Stewart and Watmough . The same flawed logic is repeated over and over and that's what you should be sick of. The criticism of Barrett now would have some credibility if the critics were saying the opposite about Hasler and his terrible squad. Critics with an appalling track record forfeit the right to demand credibility , it is that simple
For some reason, I thought this thread was from 05', not 06'.
In 2005 there was no Orford or Rose, but we finished 8th, making the finals in Hasler's second season in charge.
That 2006 squad you just listed finished 5th. Definitely considered an overachievement. If we achieve that this year it'll be a very successful season.
Criticism of Barrett is fair because we are getting absolutely smashed at home. I'm absolutely sure Barrett will be around until at least the end of the season and I hope we perform well for the rest of the year, but it's going to be hard to make the finals when you can't win at home. And if we can't make the finals Barrett should go. At the moment a lot of us are just getting annoyed because we see our team consistently concede 30 points at home.

Who was that Woodsie?

Yep -
It's no longer the fortress
I have paid my money to go to about 6 of their losses -
I won't continue to go to the game if they keep losing .
Your on notice boys

Difference is the majority of that 2006 squad went on to win a premiership 2 years later.Cant see many of these current players doing the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6