No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=nodd]
[quote author=Matabele]
It's not an agenda. Monas is poor, plain and simple.

And whilever people crap on about his genius I will point to his shortcomings, which are many.

you do fail to point out any of the good things he does.

Sterling gave him a pretty good wrap this arvo and i'd rate him a better judge than anyone on this forum.
[/quote]

I believe both Gould and Sterling said he had "limited ability". :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/quote]
now ive been a monas critic but gee mata u lose some credability there, if you are gonna quote them quote the whole thing

Gus said limitied ability but he makes up for it with his competitiveness and fight or words to that extent.

[/quote]

That is exactly the point Cliffy. I have never questioned his commitment. However, I have always argued he has limited ability and is certainly not worth the dollars he is on.

It now presents a huge conundrum when Orford returns. Do we drop Ballin who has shown himself to be a superior dummy half?

The only role I can see for Monaghan is to warm the bench in case of an injury to a half somewhere. But the less time he's on the field when Orford, Burns and Ballin are there, the better.

Byso, in another thread I have said King is improved this year. Let's hope it continues.

that works for now.

but you sprouted the same ****e last year when he was keeping dunley on the bench so again your story doesnt work.

[quote author=nodd]
[quote author=Matabele]
It's not an agenda. Monas is poor, plain and simple.

And whilever people crap on about his genius I will point to his shortcomings, which are many.

you do fail to point out any of the good things he does.

Sterling gave him a pretty good wrap this arvo and i'd rate him a better judge than anyone on this forum.
[/quote]

I believe both Gould and Sterling said he had "limited ability". :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/quote]

Sterling also said they Manly lose a halfback of the quality of Orford and they can slot Monas straight into half and he does a great job.

The only role I can see for Monaghan is to warm the bench in case of an injury to a half somewhere. But the less time he's on the field when Orford, Burns and Ballin are there, the better.

I agree that Ballin has a better passing game than MM at hooker but I can't see why Burns is rated so highly apart from some good defence and a bit of mongrel he offers little. Sure MM made a few mistakes but if you try more things you are going to make more mistakes.

Burns has had the same opportunity to set up trys in the last 2 games but I can't recall even 1 try assist compared to 4 or so by MM

It is also worth noting that MM has had to slot back in to half after a full season at hooker.

that works for now.

but you sprouted the same ****e last year when he was keeping dunley on the bench so again your story doesnt work.

When he was keeping your new poster boy Ballin in PL sweety. :dance:

Michael Monaghan has shown to me in the past 2 games (3 1/2's to be precise), that he is a very valued part of the team. I keep thinking we will get rolled with him there, but 2 from 2, with 48 for, 16 against - I can't complain.

Additionally, Burns has the right attitude, the right aggression aspect, scores tries, and demands the players around him play well. I think it's unfair that some critique him the way they do.

Ryan, I dont see it as bagging of Burns, certianly from my part anyway. I personally think he is a bit over-rated at this point of his career, and think he has many areas to work on to move up to a top NRL 5/8 level

However what i think you will find is that a few people are pointing out that Burns had many deficincies in his game yesterday, yet that is not written about while Monaghan cops plenty for playing a better game

an example, if Monaghan had kicked the ball into row m 2 times this season how much would we have heard about it ?

At least Burns can kick the ball out. A penalty kicked infield, now that was quite something to see.

I know what you mean DSM5,
I only ever landed 1 kick in the field in my career ( 23 years) but at least it rolled out.

I think both Burns and Monas offer something to the team. Full strength we have a team that would keep Burns on the bench unless form warrants backline changes. Monas is doing an admirable job at 7, unless someone has a better idea when Orford is out (like maybe Burns at no.7), Monas is fair backup. Gee Ballin is making a case to stay in 1st grade though when Ox comes back.

Why don't we hear any rubbish about Hicks from you blokes...going ok lately, but hasn't been the same since 04 or 05?

Why don't we hear any rubbish about Hicks from you blokes...going ok lately, but hasn't been the same since 04 or 05?

Hicks & Bryant both are down on form so far this year.

And Noodler, not a bad first up post .....welcome to the den of iniquity (or interchange that for inequity)

I think both Burns and Monas offer something to the team. Full strength we have a team that would keep Burns on the bench unless form warrants backline changes. Monas is doing an admirable job at 7, unless someone has a better idea when Orford is out (like maybe Burns at no.7), Monas is fair backup. Gee Ballin is making a case to stay in 1st grade though when Ox comes back.

Hi And welcome to the rabble.
Funny you say that . Only today I had a Parra supporter ask me where we got Hicks from , as he thought he has been in great form.

Hicks is going OK. He's catching the ball and running it back of the line well. I can't see where some people's problems with Hicks is coming from. Robbo is going good too. A smokescreen perhaps.

we have played two games in the wet, and a third without our regular halfbacks , i think without bagging him the general consensus on Monaghs is that he doesnt really play to our wide game. My point being the centres and wingers have not really been brought into the game too much this season, they have all been solid and have done whats been asked of them.

fair enuff DSM5, he probably hold his spot in the team although he probably has been the least effective in the team for quite some time. Robbo and many other wingers can be an x factor. Hicks lately just scrapes and does his job.

Hopefully he can pick it up a little this year. Is he in anyone's dream team?

I agree with you a bit Noodler. Hicks is going OK, but has been quiet the last couple of seasons

Personally i think he is a better centre, and possibly fullback, than he is a winger, but in our setup he must be a winger, and he provides a solid, yet unspectacular job for us there

Hicks can vary between solid & brilliant.
Over the last couple of years there's been more solid than brilliant but knowing what he's capable of if things go his way, I'd have him in my team.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4